Has Blizzard ever responded to sharding issues?

Just got sharded in the middle of Researchers Under Fire, and of course lost the ting and had to wait for the next one. Made me wonder, what is planned to fix issues. So I went looking…and couldn’t find anything on it but people complaining about it with good reason.

Has Blizzard responded to these issues at all?

2 Likes

Not so far as I can tell. Neither a word saying that it’s working as intended or a word saying that sharding being too aggressive and they’re looking into adjusting it. Just plain ol’ vanilla radio silence.

hate when think have fard but then shard

1 Like

So I did find this.

It’s about what they are doing with Classic but at least gives some idea of what’s going on. Seems like they need to limit shards more on zone in and do less shifting after, but well…who knows what they will end up doing. Just hate event sharding. It’s horrible.

We just have to keep posting about it and doing what we can to press them about it (which is pretty much nothing, sadly) until they either respond in some way or they alleviate the problem somehow.

The real solution (deleting sharding) will never happen sadly.

Oi, Vrakthis. OI ORY!

Blues need to start posting about this issue.

It’s all money vs users I think. Sharding was just too tempting for them so they way over used it to keep hardware costs down. They need to reinvest and retool, and likely redo a whole lot of the engine.