Has Blizzard Always Hated Night Elves?

Sorry but I am with Zahirwrite here.

Anduin sacrificed the NEs. And teh worst part of it: For nothing.

You can win a war in different ways, there is no alterntive timeline showing the Alliance would have lost if they first reclaim NE lands.
So you make decisions in a war, BUT you only switch your most sincere objectives and make sacrifices if there is a chance of a greate benefit.

So in terms of Zandalar:
Anduin decided to attack a fully fortified city with a large fleet instead of reclaiming and strongholding lost territories first. He decided to take the war to Zandalar which was yet not even aligned with the Horde and willingly sacrificed NE interests AFTER he failed to uphold his duties in WoT.

This is something you only do when the benefit is far greater, which is: Ending the war completely there. This is the only reason or justification to let down a member of your frecking military alliance that sole reason IS to protect said members and frecking help them when they are attacked!

BUT this goal that WAS at hand there was intenionally NOT claimed by Anduin in Zandalaar, he could have ended the war there and in that case justify him abandoning the NEs for some time.
But he didn’t. So what he did was:

Abandoning the NEs, totally destroing the trust and purpose of the whole institution that is an Alliance, shifting the war somewhere else and then not even reaping the benefits from it but withdraw for no reasons with empty hands.

No it is solely Anduins fault. From start to finish. He ordered the Sentinel Army zu Silithus, leaving Teldrassil bare of protection, failed to send help in time, refused to bring the war directly to Kalimdor and then even selling out the NEs for his naive and repeatedly proven stupidity of peace with a faction who spat now 5 times on the peaces made.

And Shandris is such a badly written Character that I literally puke ever time i see her. I even skip her voicelines intentionally and refuse to even do quests with her I can avoid.
I am so ashamed of this character it is unimaginable.

Who ever writes this character, please step down and write something else.
I don’t want to hate on you as a person, but you don’t understand Nightelves and especially not Shandris as a 10k years old GENERAL of the sentinal army whose sole duty and priority is her people and not the frecking alliance that intenionally let her people down.

Actually I really, really hope Anduin dies in Shadowlands. I am so sick of that character. of this black hole for all story.
He and Sylvanas are such a problem for the story of WoW. Both have to go … i’m sick of them.
Sick of both claiming ALL the stupid story for every expansion all the time.
It startet with Varian … the whole crappy human centic high king stupidity has to finall end.
We got rid of a warchief for the same reason. Now get rid of blue warchief.

3 Likes

Fun fact.

Tyrande had already prepared to send troops down to Silithus. She was waiting for Anduin to send the order to finalize it, because she, like the rest of the Alliance top brass at the time, thought the Horde was actually moving their troops there.

So by all means, let’s continue to say Anduin forced the night elves to send all their troops against their will if it makes you feel better. Just be aware that Tyrande is the one who had already prepared to move those soldiers and brought up they could be in Silithus before the Horde.

Elegy Page 1(?)

“I’ll bet they’ve found a way to make weapons out of Azerite,” Greymane said.

“I would not bet against you, King Greymane.” Tyrande turned her glowing gaze to Anduin. “You are right, King Anduin.

Things are escalating. When I received your last missive, I sent orders to General Feathermoon to be prepared to receive soldiers. If we are all in agreement on this, I stand ready to dispatch them immediately. They can reach Silithus before the Horde does.”

2 Likes

Minor change, rest stays as it is.

All night elf characters are doing fine. You lost nothing.

Pot meets kettle. Stop crying.

Oh good now both sides have one…

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder if you are still within the same reality as everyone else.
There seem to be some dissonances here and there …

3 Likes

The Forsaken lost their zones AND all of their characters. Night elves lost their zone but all the big characters are alive and kicking.

They lost their city, not their zone, this one is perfectly fine and still thier.

Their characters were evacuated before. Since it was known that Sylvanas HERSELF will blow it up it had to be prepared.

And you waify did it herself, so … ?

IMO it made total sense for Anduin to prioritise Zandalar over Darkshore. The fight between Kul Tiras and Zandalar was a fight for control of the oceans, and if the Alliance could secure that, they’d do to Sylvanas what Britain did to Napoleon.

What is more objectionable is Stromgarde. The stated intent of that warfront Alliance-side is to assist with the continued occupation of Lordaeron after the Battle for Lordaeron. i.e. Anduin is prioritising the Alliance’s position in the northern EK over its position in northern Kalimdor.

Given Gilneas, Aerie Peak and the dwarves of Khaz Modan were never in too precarious a position, vs the Sentinels who were fighting for their lives in Darkshore and Ashenvale, this seems more suspect.

5 Likes

Well, I mean, Brill is a crater now, and there is no indication that the Forsaken are getting any of their territories back … without sacrificing what’s left of their entire racial fantasy at the monument of Menethil. As far as I’m aware, the Forsaken lost their two most developed characters by a mile; the majority of their territories; and risk losing their entire Racial Fantasy to a character who only represents who they were before they died. One who alarmingly has only been shown interacting with very recently Alliance Undead who have in no way been Forsaken themselves; and Voss. And one who’s likely “getting to know her people” will happen entirely offscreen as she gets onscreen development in the SLs revolving around some awful Arthas redemption instead.

Lets not pretend the Forsaken and their playerbase haven’t lost a lot.

3 Likes

I think that Stromgarde vs Darkshore can be considered a matter of military necessity. Darkshore’s only real strategic value is being able to access Teldrassil by ship. Teldrassil is ash. The inhabitants of Darkshore have either been evacuated to Hyjal (which is much more defensible; you couldn’t even get into the place for six years straight) or wiped out. OTOH, the Forsaken still have considerable forces in Silverpine and Hillsbarad, both of which also have coastlines well suited to reinforcement from sea, and Stromgarde overlooks the pass into Khaz Modan.

1 Like

Where the hell do people keep getting this! That was not the intent!

Located in the Arathi Highlands, Stromgarde is one of the key locations in the struggle for control of the Eastern Kingdoms.
For the Alliance, Stromgard sits in a critical defensive position. Following the battle for Lordaeron, the Horde threat still looms over the Eastern Kingdoms. Holding Stromgarde will be key if you hope to keep the Horde’s aggression at bay.
As the Horde, securing Stromgarde would set the stage for an assault on the heart of the Eastern Kingdoms and serve as a launching point for a campaign against the worgen kingdom of Gilneas. The location is also key to the defense of the blood elf capital, Silvermoon City, in the north.

Really, though, the Forsaken “racial fantasy” was doomed without the Lich King; turning Sylvanas into Fargo’s edgelord waifu bought them ten years or so.

4 Likes

It’s explicitly stated in one of the warfront introductory quests (“Back to Boralus”).

“Holding a firm line in Arathi is critical to the Alliance’s continued occupation of Lordaeron.”

3 Likes

Lordaeron could easily mean Lordearon the continent. Which would include keeping Gilneas, you know the Worgen city, in Alliance hands.

The war table missions describe ongoing conflicts in both areas. In Ashenvale and Darkshore, there’s a continued back-and-forth between the Sentinels and the Horde occupants, and in Lordaeron, it appears that the remaining Alliance armies are sieging down the Horde outposts.

There is absolutely an argument to be made that assisting the Sentinels and (potentially) reclaiming those two zones, putting Alliance forces within a stone’s throw of Orgrimmar, is more valuable than locking down Lordaeron faster.

2 Likes

And there is an argument to be made that keeping the Eastern Kingdoms, the portion of the world that currently held the majority of the civilian population of every Alliance member sans Draenei, was a more important goal!

I’m sure it does include Gilneas, alongside the areas in Hillsbrad, Silverpine and Tirisfal that are occupied as per the mission tables.

Let us say this is true. That doesnt mean what I said wasnt also true. The link I posted was from Blizzard’s view. Which mean this was the high level view of the conflict in Stromgarde, not just one commander’s view which may or may not be biased.

Not … really? There is a story to be told about how they move forward with their lives after revenge. Which is why it will bother me immensely if Blizz finds some deus ex machina beyond Calia to deal with their future as a people, rather than capitalizing on the obvious and having them simply get back to basics and putting effort into freeing what minds can still be freed from the nearly infinite ranks of the Scourge. Harvesting those who can’t for parts. With the Helm of Domination destroyed, that is the perfect excuse for such a path. It always seemed like the obvious path forward for them.

BtS actually brought up an also interesting concept revolving around identity within the Forsaken too. Between those that would reclaim as much of their identities in life as they could if given an opportunity, and those who (for any number of reasons) have more fully embraced their current Forsaken ones. And neither of these sides are shown in a particularly negative light, with the primary rift largely revolving those who might have a life that they could go back to … and those who have nothing left of that life. There is also a spectrum in the middle.

Its part of why the idea that if we “need” Calia as A Forsaken leader, Voss (despite her keeping her distance for so long) being built up as an EQUAL leader could serve as an appropriate counterbalance. Calia services those Forsaken who would reclaim their identities in life if they could, Voss services those who can’t … or for whatever reason have embraced their Forsaken selves. The issue is, this takes a deft-enough hand to pull off properly. Something I’m not convinced Blizz has anymore. It also requires time and effort enough to build up TWO leaders … which I’m unsure Blizz is willing to invest. After all, the Forsaken are a Horde race.

3 Likes