Harry Potter books

I love this series and its one of a very few that I have read cover to cover and back again.

2 Likes

Me too. Although I suspect almost everybody likes these books. It’s probably the series that started me on young adult books. Prior to Harry Potter, I always thought young adult books were trash.

1 Like

I have a lot of time where I have to be doing stuff but can listen to music etc, so I got hooked on audiobooks. The harry potter books are great. Jim Dale ( i think thats his name) does a great job

The films, including the newer Fantastic beasts movies aren’t bad either :slight_smile:

I enjoy HP books a lot. The only issue I have with them is that you have to be born a wizard, and I find that silly. I feel like anyone should be able to learn magic, but that’s just me.

1 Like

It’s ironic that anti-mudbloods like the Death Eaters believe that “Mudbloods” are in fact muggles who stolen a Witch or Wizard’s wand.

You must think very highly of muggles if you can believe that they’re capable of doing that.

Which btw they absolutely cannot!

you know thats a really good point. i always kind of felt bad for the janitor guy.

1 Like

Squibs are very interesting. They can see magic like moving pictures or Hogwarts itself where a Muggle will only see a castle in ruins and they can share a magical connection with a special breed of cats.

However like Muggles they cannot do magic no matter how much they practice.

Hmmph. Mudbloods. Only the pure blooded should be allowed at Hogwarts.

-Snape

Books are good. The latest HP media though is hot gabage. Time travel plays? Boring characters in a early 1900s movie? FFs.

Haven’t seen the play, but I did very much like it when I read it. I thought it was an interesting idea to make it a play instead of continuing the movie series. I’d like to see them continue to expand this storyline through additional plays!

Edit: There was time travel in the original series as well!

Plays are not canon nore is any of the mindless dribble JK throws up on pottermore.

I disagree. She’s the creator of the series: anything she says is cannon.

For example, I totally disagree with King as far as The Dark Tower movie goes. He says it’s the “next adventure”, therefore cannon. Even though he didn’t write the script.

Personally I disagree with him on this.

However since he did write the series, he gets to decide what’s cannon. (It’s still bad fan fiction in my opinion.)

Same with JK.

Cannon ended with that dreadful 19 years later bit of sloppy fan fiction.

The Anti-Mudbloods think that Muggles leech the Magic out of Squibs creating them little realizing that the Squibs are only lacking the ability to do Magic due to Brain Damage from inbreeding.

The Mudbloods are actually the children of at least 1 Squib descended from other Squibs not 2 Muggles.

A true Muggle Wizard would need Goblin Artifacts designed to give power to Muggles although I’m quite certain the Ministry of Wizarding would never allow such a thing to happen so no true Muggleborns are going to show up, just Squibborn Mudbloods.

Nah, I grew out of HP a year after the final movie came out. HP is another dust in the wind.