Harnessing the Power Bug

I opened an official ticket on this but I also wanted to see if any fellow players had a solution!
I am stuck on “Harnessing the Power” essence quest part 2 - the essence does not show up either in the heart forge menu nor in my bags. I am using the default UI - I have tried reloading and relaunching - I also cannot abandon the quest to try again.

I have also tried un-equipping and re-equipping, dying and running back, etc…

Also tried re-naming Cache/Interface/WTF folders to Old to force reset - still no good.

are you looking for the essence or the petrified ebony scale?? you need the ebony scale to activate the essencee…but if your looking for the essence by name that might be your issue

I activated the essence (that was first part) - item in bag became a grey vendor item - next part is to activate the essence inside the heart but the essence is not showing up - it is still blacked out like all the other unaquired ones

So in the interface where it lists all your essences, it still shows it greyed out like you didnt aquire it?? that is very odd…I am not sure I have any advice that could help. I have never seen that happen before.

Yea =(.

Hopefully they are able to just reset the quest for me or advance it.