Harm/Help Macro Help

I’m trying to make a harm/help macro involving a spell that switches over when talented (Earth Shock/Elemental Blast). I don’t think it’s possible but decided to ask before I just make 2 separate macros.

This is what I have.

#showtooltip [known:earth shock]earth shock;elemental blast
/stopcasting
/cast [nomod,harm] elemental blast; [nomod,help] earth shield
/cast [mod:alt,@player] earth shield

The #showtooltip updates correctly when I switch over to the other talent, but I don’t know if it’s possible to include a conditional for earth shock;elemental blast in the middle of a [harm] [help] line.

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast [mod:alt,@player]Earth Shield; [help]Earth Shield; [known:8042,harm]Earth Shock; [known:394150,harm]Elemental Blast

Using the spell ID, you should be able to omit the forced icon data. I may have the incorrect spell IDs as there are multiple listed on Wowhead but, you can find them there with a complete search.

I’d recommend leaving help/harm off of whichever spell ends up being the default or your tooltip will show the ? when you don’t have a target.

This should fix that for all possibilities with your macro.

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast [mod:alt,@player] [help] [noknown:394150,noknown:8042] Earth Shield; [known:394150] Elemental Blast; Earth Shock

There’s templates in the pins if you want to add stuff like mouseover to it.

I appreciate the ideas, and will check the pins. Unfortunately both of your replies left off the [nomod] line part of my macro, and I haven’t been able to make it work with that. Will play around with it regardless.

The nomod was only used to skip everything and cast earth shield @ player if you were holding alt. That’s first in the order now, so if you’re holding alt that conditional will return true and cast earth shield @ player. If you’re not holding alt, it will return false, and move onto the next conditional set. If you’re not targeting a friendly, the [help] will return false and it will move on again, etc.

Adding nomod as a conditional to the elemental blast and earth shock casts serves no purposes other than to brick the macro if you’re holding shift or control.

2 Likes

Then it sounds like the macro that was posted by Elvenbane wasn’t working as intended. Using this macro on training dummies right now,

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@player] [help] [noknown:394150,noknown:8042] Earth Shield; [known:394150] Elemental Blast; Earth Shock

When I’m targetting an enemy, both [nomod] and [mod:alt] are just casting Earth Shield on myself. It never casts elemental blast/earth shock.

Change the 2 instances of spellid 394150 to 117014.

1 Like

That fixed it! I had a little scare when I switched from elemental blast to earth shock to verify both versions worked when it decided to remove every single spell+macro off of my bars. LOL.

Thankfully force quitting and relogging returned everything back.