"Hardware changed. Reload default settings?"

Every time I open World of Warcraft I am given the prompt saying, “Hardware changed. Reload default settings?” I click no and log in normally, however upon entering the game my fps which normally hovers 40+ dropped to an abysmal 15 and under. This problem started recently, less than two days ago, and I have been unable to fix it. Any help is truly appreciated.

Very Respectfully

1 Like

Howdy Sorrin,

This might be caused by out of date drivers. Lets try updating those real quick and see if it help.

Driver Update

If this doesn’t fix the issue please post a DXDIAG for me so I can get a better look into what’s going on.

DXDIAG

(Please put it in code blocks to make it easier to read. To do that past the report in a chat box. Then right click “Select All”-should highlight everything. Next click on the little </> symbol on the bar below the chat box.)

------------------
System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 12/6/2018, 17:13:54
             Machine name: LAPTOP-Q98P99MD
               Machine Id: {452ACEEF-2483-4903-B782-910AF9B23D69}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: Acer
             System Model: Predator G3-571
                     BIOS: V1.14 (type: UEFI)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
                   Memory: 16384MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 16268MB RAM
                Page File: 6832MB used, 11866MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
      Display Tab 1: No problems found.
      Display Tab 2: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
          Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D:    0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw:  0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay:  0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow:  0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
           Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
        Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
           Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
            DAC type: Internal
         Device Type: Full Device (POST)
          Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_591B&SUBSYS_118A1025&REV_04
       Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER] 
 Device Problem Code: No Problem
 Driver Problem Code: Unknown
      Display Memory: 8261 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
       Shared Memory: 8133 MB
        Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
         HDR Support: Not Supported
    Display Topology: Internal
 Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
     Color Primaries: Red(0.640148,0.330578), Green(0.300305,0.600109), Blue(0.149914,0.060070), White Point(0.313000,0.329602)
   Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000
        Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
       Monitor Model: unknown
          Monitor Id: AUO61ED
         Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.052Hz)
         Output Type: Internal
Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported
Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
      Advanced Color: Not Supported
         Driver Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_2f75f5358a5cad12\igdumdim64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_2f75f5358a5cad12\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_2f75f5358a5cad12\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_2f75f5358a5cad12\igd12umd64.dll
 Driver File Version: 22.20.0016.4815 (English)
      Driver Version: 22.20.16.4815
         DDI Version: 12
      Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
        Driver Model: WDDM 2.2
 Graphics Preemption: Triangle
  Compute Preemption: Thread
            Miracast: Supported
 Hybrid Graphics GPU: Integrated
      Power P-states: Not Supported
      Virtualization: Paravirtualization 
          Block List: No Blocks
  Catalog Attributes: N/A

Hey hey Sorrin,

It looks like the Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 isn’t updated which can cause problems. Intel Driver update, Try the Automatically update your driver option.

If that doesn’t help lets make sure the issue isn’t the app hanging on to old information:

· Press the Windows Key+R on keyboard
(Run Command in the Start Menu for Vista)
· Type %ProgramData%
· Hit enter
· Delete Blizzard Entertainment and Battle.net Folders
· Empty Recycle Bin
· Uninstall and reinstall the app, please reinstall onto the C drive

1 Like

I am running World of Warcraft off a Nivida GeForce GTX 1060 which is not showing up in the DXDIAG report.

Hey Sorrin,

We want to make sure both cards are up to date in a laptop because it will switch between the cards.

The dxdiag report got cut off. Can you try to pay the whole thing again?

Both cards are up to date and I reinstalled the app however I am still suffering from reduced FPS in addition to the prompt of hardware change

Thank you Sorrin,

I want to move you back to a specific set of drivers for you 1060, just to make sure it’s not the newest set that released.

1. Let’s remove the old drivers via a program called DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller): https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
  2. Once that’s installed, go ahead and run the program. It will say that you’re not in safe mode and ask to run in safe mode.Go ahead and tell it yes to restart into safe mode.
  3. Once in Safe mode the program will pop back up.Simply select your video brand from the drop down and then click Clean and Restart.
  4. Once it restarts the PC you’ll want to go to: https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/140341
  5. Once installed, run the program and follow the on-screen install steps.
1 Like

Its reinstalled should I update the driver?

Hey Sorrin.

Just leave it on the driver the steps had you download, see how things work with that and let us know.

Worked perfectly, I’m at 130 fps. Just to clarify NIVIDIA will not auto update?

Hey Sorrin!

It shouldn’t but you can close out of the Nvidia Geforce Experience to keep it from updating. I would recommend trying the update after the 11th though, the newest set is optimized for 8.1.

Got it, thank you so much!

Hey Sorrin!

You’re very welcome! Thank you for letting us know the DDU fixed this up, and have a great time in WoW!

2 Likes

Having this issue currently, but only with Classic. I’ve done everything but a roll back on drivers.

same, ive been having the same problem for the last two days

I was having this issue last week and updating and rolling back drivers did nothing. This issue only started with the last update. I did manage to finally solve it. Go into your system options and click the advanced options. Then check the graphics card drop down. Mine was on auto but the game was not recognizing my video card so I had to manually set it. Haven’t had an issue since. I do still get the stupid prompt even though my hardware has not indeed changed.

4 Likes

My card was set to auto and was chosing my 2D card instead of 3D (using laptop). And I also still get the prompt… :confused:

Edited by Blizzard - this topic is being locked as this is an old post which was bumped. Please create your own thread or contact support.