Hardest specs to master in pvp?

What are the easiest as well?

i think any healer is pretty difficult if you’ve mained dps for years

takes a lot of shifts in mindset and a lot of responsibility

idc what spec of healer it is

yes some are easier than others, but you need to play well still

nothing in modern wow takes much brain to play its all kinda straightforward, all that matters is comp and using ur CC properly, or for this season, 1 shotting moron proof gimmicks

1 Like

i’ve heard that sub rogue and surv hunter have the highest skill cap.

6 Likes

Druids, shamans, rogues and priests. I’ve heard ww monk as well

1 Like

Demo, survival, and outlaw are the hardest

Dh, frost dk are the easiest with the least buttons.

1 Like

:cry: sad but true.

Hardest. Probably feral and disc priest

1 Like

Any form of druid, if you actually use all that is available. A minimum of 3 different hot bars with completely different skills, and times to use those skills. Regardless of what spec you play, all of your forms have value if used at the right time.

Everything else is kiddie pool after you play druid a while, and I say this having every class on both faction at at least 53, and 4 classes at 60.

4 Likes

I’d argue Shaman.

The core is easy to grasp but my god, the difference between a masterful Shaman and a middling one is significant.

Knowing how to position their totems effectively, knowing how to properly ground/tremor, proper use of hex, offensive purging, etc.

When you’re playing against a good shaman, it’s frustrating.

1 Like

Hardest spec in the game for me is Discipline. I’ve played pretty much everything else at some point in the last three years. Disc is the spec I’d avoid at all costs because I just don’t enjoy all the micro mechanic work.

did you neglect to mention unholy? this is a travesty

how is anything realistically as hard as rogue if a rogue is using all of their spells to the max extent its incredible

Is about skill ceiling. There is no hard classes to play. I remember dueling a good rogue pre wod was always a loss.

Mage it’s like 4 buttons lol

hunter hardest imo. dh easiest

Resto Shaman, hands down.

Fireball
Fireblast
Pheonix Flames
Pyroblast
Gpy
Scorch
Meteor
Spellsteal
CS
Nova
Ring
Poly
Mirror Image
Blink
Block
Invis
Frostbolt
Arcane Explo
Living Bomb
Decurse
Combustion

I use all of these (setup depending). Boiling any spec down to four buttons is pretty hilarious. Most good mages are gonna have focus modifers or @arena for most ccs/decurses, its like 30 buttons to be honest.

EDIT: Also not saying mage is really hard but ya.

7 Likes

For hardest to play perfectly are MM, Frost Mage, Affliction Lock, and Sub.

Based off pure mechanics and maximizing everything you have. No other dps specs have higher skill ceilings. Wrath was the greatest example of limitless skill ceiling. There was always something you could do better, everyone specialized in one class. Watching tournaments back then you could tell the difference in skill of high level players. It’s not like that anymore.

That’s not to say that other specs aren’t hard but those four have so much that they can do that that a few people in the world can make the most of every global.

Hybrid dps don’t offer the same level of outplay and have multiple ways to recover unlike pure dps. Pure dps can’t spam heal behind a pillar…
Fire Mage is the exception the last two expansions. It’s pretty brain dead now.

Healer I’d say Druid and Rsham.

1 Like

All healers but especially Resto Druids / disc priests / Holy pally as they can do a lot and require tons of keybinds due to mad kits.

A good healer will easily be distinguishable and god mode in a non burst meta.

Feral druid is the hardest thing to play in the entire game

source - im a feral druid

11 Likes