Hardest decision ever, need some advice

Hello everyone,

I’ve been playing since TBC on european servers, but as you can image life changes, now it’s hard for me to play there, also all my friends quit the game long ago, the only reason that keeps me playing in EU server are my achievements and my mounts xD. I asked blizzard support if is posiible to migrate my whole account to America but they said no :frowning:

The question is, how friendly are american servers for not english native speakers? I play protection warrior and now Im learning to play holy paladin for pvp.

Any server recomendation?
Faction?
Guilds?

Regards

er… well if you want to know how we treat the folks from the latin america servers, look around the forums for some topics. if you can speak english though you’d probably be fine

People treat the latin server players with disdain because they often disconnect, refuse to communicate, and/or rage quit like wankers after a single death. Don’t do those things and no-one cares where you’re from.

15 Likes

Be a nice person and you’re good to go. Good luck to you!

1 Like

this level of vocabulary is already enough

4 Likes

Extremely unfriendly and racist.

stop your nonsense

1 Like

Just judging from your post, you’d be fine. You can clearly communicate and you seem nice enough. You’d be fine.

1 Like

I run <Horrid> on Blood Furnace. You’d be more than welcome in my guild even though we’re mostly English-first speakers. I’m comfortable with French and German and Spanish (assuming I give myself a few minutes to look up the keywords I’m going to be hearing first).

All of the groups I run require Voice (both listening and speaking) and I generally require English, but I post that “accents are fine” and have had good luck with Spanish-speaking players (and one Portuguese) to date.

There are people who will play the “America first” nonsense.

I’m guessing they haven’t come to the realization that Canada - an officially bi-lingual country and Mexico - a predominantly Spanish-speaking country - are not only “American” but “North American” and have as much right to claim to be “Americans” as anyone else - not to mention the predominantly Spanish and Portuguese-speaking countries of Central and South “America”.

Just ignore them.

I’ll take a healer into the guild any day that ends with ‘y’ and put up with no nonsense from anyone who objects.

I play a few alts, so if you want to reach out to me for an invite either do a /who on Horrid or battletag friend me and message me direct (Kaldara#11970).

4 Likes

You should be fine. People sometimes out of frustration make distasteful comments due to language barriers making content difficult. But you can clearly communicate, and you seem nice enough. I imagine you’ll be fine.

proper?
improper?
Mixed?
Maybe Equivalent?

I think Zul’jin has a lot of French-Canadian guilds, at least according to my friend. It’s an EST and Horde dominant server.

Honestly, there isn’t much of a stigma against anyone that can speak English and communicate. The severe bias against Latin American servers is due to the overwhelming documented and anecdotal history players have with them griefing, being non-communicative, or hostile. I mean, Ragnaros and Azralon have become such jokes that you might catch someone from that server discriminating against their own servers’ players. It really is that bad.

But, comparatively, there really isn’t hate for most of the OCE servers. Most NA players avoid them simply because the latency is brutal for some of them. (I killed Sludgefist with 233 ms in an OCE group. Never again.) As long as you play decently and can communicate most people don’t care, and WoW is a bit of meritocracy for that.

Unfortunately, coming from the EU means starting over. Blizzard has never transferred an account across NA/EU.

thx for your replies guys, I play in Spanish servers and there’s too much drama, I don’t like that. I don’t really want to play in latinamerican servers 'cause I’ve heard horrible things about them.

My first language is Spanish and I understand English quite well but I have a really strong accent and sometimes is difficult for people to understand what I’m saying.

I would like to play in a US server, my timezone is GMT-6, so I don’t know in what servers should I play, as far as I know you only have east and pacific time, mine is more like central time, correct me if I’m wrong.

I know is gonna be hard, but it’s the price I have to play, as somebody said, I always play with 186 ms latency, I hope I get better numbers in a US server.

still no one comment about faction, all my characters are humans, but i’m in love with taurens and at the end of WOTLK I tranfer my warrior to the Horde and played orc, so I don’t really care about fraction anymore, I just want to find a lot o people to play with xD

And thank you very much Mosgh, I’m gonna create a character in your server and check how is it.

Cheers

1 Like

You need to communicate in order to do group content. If you can communicate with people on American servers, you’ll do great!

1 Like

fraction is a part of a whole number
the word you’re looking for is faction. :grinning:

it’s really going to depend on server choice.
…find a server which has the time-zone you want, then find out if there are more horde or more alliance on the server

thx Nobully I haven’t noticed my mistake until now

1 Like

I did 233 pvp raids never herd zip about racism ect so stop the throwing kero on the fire . o the fire going down bomb it again = your real problem . holy pain i have 68 charters 3 accounts in usa herd zip

That’s a bit disingenuous though. Most everyone I have played with from Quel’Thalas or Ragnaros are just trolling most of the time. Even the people that play there and speak poor English. Acting like the people of Ragnaros are hated simply because of where they live is a bit of a lie. Ragnaros players actual trolls for the most part. It’s like inviting a Moonguard player.

I mean…your English looks pretty good to me :laughing:

1 Like

Well it would depend upon what level of content you are looking to do. But I doubt any raid or high tier mythic+ group would take a main tank or healer that they can not communicate with.

I am assuming you used a translator program to convert your native language into English for your post? If not and you can speak and understand English to the same degree, you will be fine.