Hardcore Classic is taking over WoW!

They should try playing with their monitor turned on, then.

5 Likes

No.
Thank.
You.

But if thatā€™s your thing, gopher it.

Not that I noticed. Exaggerate much?

Oh waitā€¦

:rofl:

2 Likes

You realize people watching these streams want to see players die. So streamers will die on purpose for the clicks and the views.

Id hardly call it taking over. Only got two servers for it and those ones have the populations dropping pretty fast.

Imagine no life-ing it for 2-3 weeks putting in 300 hours and then you accidently fall to your death.

GG

ā€¦ daily Garmuck thread

known troll of both retail n classic forums lol

Wow thatā€™s practically a lot.

iā€™ma stick with playing it myself though lol

Iā€™m enjoying it but these huge latency spikes have caused 3 disconnects. Luckily I was in a group, but I feel this is probably whatā€™s going to end my toon

Itā€™s fun, but I am worried all the time. I do my little trick where I open my bags and move items around. It they donā€™t move instantly I retreat from engagement

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

Opinions among players about what is enjoyable vary widely. Thereā€™s no absolute right or wrong. If Blizz published MAUs ā€œby game modeā€ then there might objective evidence of the popularity of one mode over another.

I concur with MercelĆ­da that Classic has no appeal for me (in any of itā€™s variants). Thatā€™s meā€¦ regressive game playā€™s not fun, for me. For you it clearly is and for lots of others Iā€™m sure. Everyone has a favorite; mineā€™s always going to be Retailā€“until itā€™s not.

Well at least that helps to re-create part of the vanilla experience.

What REALLY needs to happen is for wowhead to remove their classic section, though, so that people would have to use thottbot or allakazam instead.

1 Like

I would have loved to, I enjoy more challenge, but this player base can make it an absolute miserable experience based on what I saw when I tried to move into higher content before.
Im afraid if I tried again Iā€™d end up hating the game entirely and quitting over it.

1 Like

No thanks. I didnā€™t like hardcore diablo mode, and even more so for WoW of all games.

I never understood why people treat Twitch viewership as some kind of metric of game quality. Youā€™d think if the game were really that good, people would be playing it, not sitting around watching some neckbeard stream.

2 Likes

They only made 2 servers for launch, and I agree with your assessment.

That being said, are you seeing a pattern evolve over the last few years that brought myself to the point where I posed this question?

First of all, people who PvP and do Mythic Plus are all Retail players, and second, no one has reached 60 in 2 days.

hardcore has been going on unofficially for a long time already, i am sure there will be always enough players to keep 2 servers strong, donā€™t forget many will use the free transfer to a safe sever at 60 to keep playing their character, so why make a dozen servers.

1 Like