Harbinger Questline Spoilers

Just wanted to make a thread to compile info about this questline. I posted a couple of tweets myself.

https://x.com/MiserableDoness/status/1787956549761253790

What struck out to me so far is this NPC now being with the Void Elves.

https://x.com/GeorgeSquares/status/1787959214255861872

For those who don’t remember, she’s an npc who’se part of a scripted event in Silvermoon, where she gets mind controlled by Priest Kath’mar after she protests the Blood Elves leaving the Horde. Now it looks like she hates all authority.

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Lyria_Skystrider

11 Likes

I rather liked that the Shadowguard returned and I’m rather curious on the history between Locus-Walker and Xal’atath.

1 Like

I’ve advocated for void elfing characters like Lyria and Ennas and Hawkspear in the past, shoring up the empty VE character roster with established dissidents opposed to Silvermoon’s government, but it feels like she’s missed her destiny by a few expansions. With every new glimpse into H/A relations, and those concerning Silvermoon specifically after yesterday’s short story, this sentiment of hers rings hollower and hollower. We should’ve gotten stuff like that during BfA.

9 Likes

Honestly this questline was insane lore-wise. Here’s what all I picked up on during my first playthrough.

• K’aresh was confirmed to have a World Soul (though this was already confirmed in 1st TWW Alpha build, though this could have big implications)
  • Xal’atath’s forces were attempting to enter Ulduar (the setting of Midnight)
  • Void activity in northern EK (the setting of TLT)
  • Locus Walker was well aware of Xal’atath (seemingly debunking the “Xal’atath is the 5th Old God” theory)
  • Azeroth is seemingly confirmed to be a Titan since K’aresh went through something similar to the Radiant Song (seemingly debunking any "Azeroth isn’t a Titan theories)
  • Something’s happened to Magni over the course of Dragonflight (again, confirmed in first Alpha build)
13 Likes

No I will not take quests from the wanted war criminal responsible for the death of Rastakhan. To hell with Blizzard and everything they stand for.

3 Likes

The blood elves are loyal to the Horde and they have zero reasons not to be after all those years of standing together during bad and good times alike.

Seems that Alleria’s Vision of Turalyon turning on her are just visions of Xal’atath having corrupted a Memory of Turalyon into attacking Alleria.

This Vision is no different from the Vision of Alleria kneeling to N’Zoth.

Seemingly is the word since for all we know the Radiant Song came from the Crystal in Hallowfall in which case something awoke on K’aresh considering N’Zoth mentions that the “Fall of Night reveals her true face. She will bring only ruin.” which correlates with Barrowknoll Cemetery’s whisper of “Night falls! Her song will end.” suggesting that Hallowfall’s Crystal contains Night herself and she needs Galakrond’s Hunger to awaken.

Ulduar is the setting for The Last Titan and Northern Eastern Kingdoms is the setting for Midnight.

As for why Xal’atath went to Ulduar only to abandon the place and use fake Turalyon against Alleria: She was examining the Titan facilities to see if she could find Radiant Song’s source. In the end she was forced to seek out Khaz Algar.

3 Likes

Is Lyria Skystrider meant to be a comedic character?

There’s an irony in her origin as a dissident in Silvermoon against the leadership of the Blood Elves, to her now becoming a member of the Alliance, through opening herself up to the influence of the void, yet is still defiant against her leadership. I guess the grass isn’t greener on the other side.

12 Likes

My bad, got em mixed up

I could see it. Honestly, given Galakrond’s connection to the Dark Heart, and the connection between Galakrond and Yogg-Saron, I was assuming that their presence at Ulduar was related to Yogg.

Please tell me this character is killed.

So loyal… and before the purge of Dalaran? Lor’themar is in talks with Varian about the Sin’dorei joining the Alliance…

She is very much alive by the end of the quest line, but she does give off the vibe of a minor character that goes on to become a minor villain killed off in a dungeon or inconsequential side-quest.

5 Likes

So the new NPCs are all loyal to Alleria? Why I am even there then if they all hate the Horde with passion. To hell with this not resubbing until they do better.

FYI, i’m going full on spoilers here

I’m severely disappointed at the lack of reactivity at play in the questline. Not a singular peep of anyone asking ‘hey, High Priest, you had the dagger before all this, what happened, how’s she out of it?’. No throwaway lines, no extra dialogue or voice lines, nothin’. There’s even shades of previous wielders - and no shade of the High Priest/your character. It’s a bit of a tease, honestly.

It seems Blizzard is going all in on Alleria’s family troubles and struggles and having Xalatath be the main instigator of that, with all of Xal’s focus being on Alleria, and I admit, i’m not a fan! If there’s something worse than a shoehorned in ‘Chosen One’ narrative, it’s being forced to be babysitter to the character who’s going to be the shoe-horned in Chosen One

18 Likes

I did not expect to see Verana of all people in Telogrus. They are pulling all sorts of names from the third war out of storage it seems.

3 Likes

Huh… I didn’t really look around, we’ll have to do on my alts to see what names are present.

And she’s undead on top of it. Interesting way to bring that character back.

1 Like

Verana was Alleria’s best friend and her most trusted lieutenant from the second war. It’s unsurprising that elves in her inner circle would go to her side when she returned.

Ennas and Lyria got mind controlled by priests into blindly submitting to silvermoon. Not surprised why they don’t like blood elves. Also Lyria is only loyal to herself. Ennas is cynical and nihilistic.

6 Likes

Agree with comments above. It does look like Azeroth is a Titan. Not really a surprise. When the Titans discovered she was a baby Titan they said she was a Titan, the most powerful Titan.

The void is good guys? The Titans bad guys? Because of point of view? Ha! Nonsense!

Look at K’aresh. Void corrupted. You gonna tell the Ethereals the Void is good guys?

Metzen is steering this ship now.

3 Likes

Do we go to Suramar at all?