Happy Thanksgiving!

I love a good goat curry.

1 Like

Now if only those that always bring up “MAGA” in non-political topics would realize the same…

Moving as fast as I can, Greasy hair Greta!

It’s not always Turkey.

3 Likes

With a nice purian glaze brushed on about 20min before coming out of the oven…

2 Likes

Apart from Alaska, lol.

Happy Canadian Turkey day, and Happy Holloween from Texas.

1 Like

Not that I wanted to, but unfortunately it’s the most salient recent example of the point.

Yet it doesnt since that movement hasnt tanked and it makes the movement that keeps bringing them up look as bad for being hyperfixated on them to the point of acting like them.

Opposite side of the same coin comes to mind. Much like how Antifa, the people that are supposed to be against fascism, acting more fascist than the fascists and openly saying its ok to use fascism to defeat fascism lol.

Oh, I see now why you didn’t like it. :roll_eyes:

According to google…

“The first Canadian Thanksgiving was reportedly hosted in 1578 by the English explorer Martin Frobisher in what is now Newfoundland. At the time, Frobisher and his expedition attempted to travel through the Northwest Passage safely. The celebration marked their safe arrival to the New World.”

Although this predates the first American thanksgiving, pagan traditions all over the world have had harvest celebrations and gratitude festivals for millennia. No one was really the first.

Almost all modern traditions actually have ancient roots. It’s kind of interesting to learn about them all. :upside_down_face:

No, you just think you do because as I said, hyperfixated and are just like they are because they would say the same if anyone “appeared” to not toe the line.

Thanks for helping prove my point. :joy:

Yeah, bro, that must be it.

lol

Again, messenger matters.

1 Like

They would also deny it blindly

lol

Again, message is the same. :crazy_face:

You try telling my family that most of the traditions for christmas are actually pagan. I’ve tried and they’re just not having it.

Jesus clearly cut down a tree and put it inside and decorated it. if you think about it is something an insane person does

2 Likes

Lol! :slightly_smiling_face:

Growing up I was actually scared my dad would stumble across one of the few bible verses that said something like, one should not to decorate trees with gold and silver like the worthless heathens do, or something to that effect. He was super religious and I knew it would be game over for the tree if he ever saw it. Fortunately, he never did!

I was also forced to wear a pin to school that said “Jesus is the reason for the season.” The way some of my teachers looked at me, I just know they were biting their tongues. Oh dear.

I wonder what our family’s would do if they knew the origin of gingerbread men? :upside_down_face:

Happy Thanksgiving, y’all!

Probably nothing. None of us liked gingerbread.

I believe this was also the first recorded use of the words “hold my beer”.