Happy on my own

I’ve been playing WoW since 2013. I’ve done stuff with groups and I’ve done a few raids. Generally, I like to go off by myself and just enjoy the story and the personal challenges of the quests that are provided. I’ve also tried War Mode, and I just get my butt kicked no matter what. It seems that if a player is not interested in PVP, Dungeons, Raids and Guilds, they are unable to earn the top gear available in the game. How about making it possible to earn that stuff by doing world quests and daily quests? My Warcraft time is for relaxation, not socializing. When I socialize, I like to do it in person, not in game.

2 Likes

Finally, someone who gets that WoW isn’t supposed to be a job. I’ve been playing for over ten years with six different alts depending on my mood and it’s all about destressing. PVP and War Mode are for those with much faster systems, quicker key commands, and a “look at me” attitude. Not my style. I don’t care if I have the best gear, not even sure what it is, I just play to relax.
I joined a 300+ member guild years ago that eventually began hemorrhaging players. It’s now down to less than 30 and 3 of those are me, including the GM. The rest log in about once every 6-9 months and then they’re gone. I’m okay with that. I have nothing against socializing “in game” but like you prefer it to be in person.
Currently soloing Legion content that I’ve never run before and it’s been great. I play on my schedule, when I feel like it, and that’s it. Keep on Warlocking along.

2 Likes

I’m with you. I’ve only recently started to dip my toe in to the raiding, m+ scene, LFR, PUG, and Guild, and it has been the opposite of relaxing, but there’s literally no other way to experience max level content or rewards.

Blizzard have been making strides to support our kind of play, but even the highest level stuff available in the open world only amounts to Normal difficulty raid drops. It’s a bummer because the challenge and the growth is fun, but the toxicity of the community really isn’t.

2 Likes