Happy New Year

Truly, have a happy and really great year.

15 Likes

That’s an awful lot of pressure for the first day of the year. Can I have an adequate year instead?

6 Likes

Happy New Year!

I’m trying to not be too excited since I just woke up. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hang in there everyone. Let’s all try and make it through another one.

2 Likes

Happy new year . I hope it’s a good one full of prosperity and good health for everyone.

Though January February and march are my least favorite stretch of any year usually…just not a fan winter.

2 Likes

Thanks Swarf, I think last year was a little bumpy for everyone. I hope we all get a little bit of a more even year this year!

Sorry about that, hugs

Up until 15 years of age I was raised in Wisconsin. But, it was all fun and play in the winter - except for the chore of shoveling the driveway or walkway on occasion. Waited for school day closures on the radio in the kitchen while eating breakfast kinda thing.

In Arizona the seasons are more subtle, and technically there’s five of them: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, Extra Crispy Summer, and back to fall, lol!
However our spring starts in February with the first wildflowers blooming in the desert, the first carpet of green across the desert after the rains. Though the coolest pic I ever took was one of the rare times it snowed and I got a pic of snow covering the desert, cactus, creosote bushes, the mountains in the distance (far distance!). Also lot’s of people headed up north to ski.

Wishing you all the best. Hope some cuddling up in warm blanket and favorite book will hell help. :slightly_smiling_face: :snowman_with_snow:

3 Likes

Happy New Year!

Fire extinguisher at the ready.

2 Likes

Anyone else’s last meal of 2023 a McDouble?? :hamburger::hamburger::hamburger:

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

3 Likes

Mine was a King Size Reeses Peanut Butter Cup.

Nope. Whopper with Cheese, heavy Mayo.
Final guilty pleasure of the year.

Happy New Year!

Don’t forget to eat your cabbage for good fortune for the rest of the year! (That’s our yearly tradition which I find strange… so figured I would share it)

3 Likes

Ours is blackeyed peas in a hamhock soup/stew with homemade/bread machine hot loaf to sop up the yummies! I did think it was black-eyed peas as the tradition, but will look up the cabbage.

And YES, Saángreal!! May The War Within (TWW) be everything we hope for!!!

1 Like

We’re having unstuffed cabbage rolls for supper so let’s hope it works! I could use some good fortune :rofl:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Happy New Year to all! I hope your year goes much better than last year and only good things come!

2 Likes

If they’re unstuffed what’s in them? lol -

Unfortunately nowadays I have to be careful with all cooked cabbage, garlic, and onions! And jalapeños - not to mention chilpoltes, and habeneros! A foodie nightmare! Lol!!!

I had grilled eel and rice for new years for good luck and health :yum:
Only time in the year I eat Japanese!

1 Like

2 Likes

I managed to miss the whole thing.

I went to bed at 10pm last night with a full load of melatonin on board.

I got up at Noon today.

Just another manic Monday to me.

2 Likes