[H/A/N-Rp Event] Story Circle

Story Circle is still a great event and I highly recommend it to any and all roleplayers!

Story Circle is a beloved event dating back to the founding of the server and it is my desire to see it continue long after I am no longer present.

For many roleplayers it has been an opportunity to share their charactersā€™ stories or those of the Warcraft universe. For others it is a place where their characters perform. For those that do not get up before the audience, it is a place their characters can relax and be entertained. Perhaps sit with old friends. For me it was a place to learn lore and helped me find my first guild nearly ten years ago. Regardless, so many keep returning to Bloodhoof Village every Sunday evening.

Lately the event has been getting a lot of attention so I thought I might make a post about how we roleplay at Story Circle for anyone that may be new or unfamiliar with roleplay or the event.

As the event begins at 6:30 ST every Sunday, excluding certain holidays, people will begin to gather upon the hill near the graveyard in Bloodhoof Village.

This hill was chosen as it is a bit away from the guards which allows Alliance to join us. As such it is recommended to bring a few Elixirs of Tongues as the Alliance may take the grassy stage. It is entirely alright to forget so many of us carry extras, including myself. However, trading between factions is not allowed so if you need some, ask if anyone of your faction has any extras. There are always kind individuals willing to share at Story Circle.

The front row will create a circle with others sitting further and further back. The host and the speaker will stand within the inner circle when speaking. It is not against the rules to stand but we ask that anyone wishing to stand and listen avoid standing in front of others. As for the inner circle, only the host or speaker should be there. Anyone that goes against that will be assumed to be trolling while being placed on ignore.

The speakers and performers are vital to the continuation of the event so we ask that everyone be respectful and supportive of them.

While listening, our audience may emote reactions to the stories or performances using /e. We ask that the audience to do this in moderation as multiple or large posts can cloud the chat. Interacting with your fellow audience members is also encouraged but please keep those interactions in whisper or party so as to not disrupt the event. Should anyone rather focus on the event rather than interact, please respect their wishes and seek interaction from others that wish to engage as well. Once a speaker or performer has concluded their time, we encourage everyone to clap, cheer, and even say how much they enjoyed what was done.

For speakers or performers, we ask that all content done at Story Circle be kept to about 15 minutes and be associated with the Warcraft Universe. For example, if you want to tell the Lord of the Rings, please adapt the story to take place on Azeroth with hobbits being Gnomes and Mt. Doom as Blackrock Mountain. If a story runs longer than 15 minutes, the host will whisper that the speaker wrap up the story. If the story cannot be concluded within a reasonable timeframe, finding a stopping point and resuming the story at a later time is encouraged. Long stories are often told in parts on different days.

A newer development is that we do limit the amount of stories and performances we have during the event to eight per night or till about 8:30 ST. Anyone that wishes to speak may indicate that they do to the host so they may be placed on the list. This can be done by saying so in /say or /e, or through whisper on Horde side. If anyone is unable to speak because we reached our limit, we encourage them to return on another date and ask to speak.

If any character should appear and attempt to disrupt the event in any way, I absolutely insist that no one engage the offender in any way. Take screenshots, right click and use whatever options to report the player in game, and place the offender on ignore. Please do not engage them in PvP, whisper to them, etc. This will only encourage their behavior and ensure that not only do they remain at the event being disruptive but will return on later dates as well.

If anyone should have any other tips or wish to show their love for the event, please comment below.

9 Likes

Story Circle has some of my favorite memories associated with it. Itā€™s where I got used to (and learned to feel has comfortable as I could ) rping in front of a group of people. So many good memories associated with it.

1 Like

Hi Wolfmanes!

I keep meaning to make it to another Story Circle, itā€™s been so long! (Tarhoof here)

Glad to see itā€™s garnering a steady attendance :smiley:

4 Likes

Hey Tarhoof! It is great to hear from you.

Story Circle did much better than most Rp I was a part of. With Dragonflight it has grown a bit. I have been working to spread the word about the event and get more Tauren participation.

Hope to see you soon!

2 Likes

Hoping to see some lovely new and returning faces this evening! Come on by tonight to share!

Big thank yous to everyone whoā€™s come to share their tales recently! Itā€™s been wonderful getting to know all of you every Sunday!

2 Likes

You guys might work a story out of Abranirn this week! Or potentially the mysterious Gruuleā€¦

2 Likes

That would be fantastic! It will be great to hear a story from either.

2 Likes

imgur(dot)com/a/nAwbP8r

Story circle had another great turnout!

3 Likes

Story Circle is today!

1 Like

Hoping to see some new faces and plenty of stories at the next Circle!

1 Like

Looking forward to another story circle! Going to be making some improvements to my story.

Looking to see plenty of folks this go around! Always exciting to see new stories!

1 Like

Today is the day for stories!

The more stories the more fun! Iā€™ll see about sharing again this week as well!

1 Like

imgur(.)com/a/F7L62ND

Amazing turnout at Story Circle! So many great stories and two amazing poems!

This event continues to be a hallmark of rp. So many people whispered me today saying how amazed they were that Story Circle is still taking place. One had been gone 10 years and was surprised it was no longer in Thunder Bluff. I am honored to be apart of keeping this WrA tradition going with my friends, guildies, and from generous contributions from Roleplayers like you!

Thank you!

1 Like

Always look forward to showing up at the story circle. Working on a tale to tell this coming Sunday, actually!

1 Like

I canā€™t wait to hear your tale! Iā€™ll be looking forward to it.

1 Like

I forgot that it was the Worldā€™s Faire until last minute- and also that Iā€™m running a booth there. Oops. Next week, for sure.

1 Like