Halloween Kills

Okay, I’m pretty good at suspending disbelief and not nitpicking the details but even I’m wondering about this one. Michael Myers has got to be in his mid-60s now, having spent the majority of his life in a maximum security psychiatric facility with enough anti-psychotics to blitz a rhino, his physical conditioning should make me, the real me, look like John Cena (I do not look like John Cena). So why is he so scary?

1 Like

I’m not an expert on the movies, haven’t even watched most of them, but I was curious awhile back too and did some googling.

Apparently Michael is not really a normal human. There’s supernatural wizardry afoot. There’s different alternate timelines throughout the movies, some more magicy than others, but in the new reboots in recent years it still holds true that he is not entirely human. He’s survived injuries that would be fatal to anyone else and actually regenerated in real time. The characters have acknowledged this too.

So he’s not just an old man. He’s basically a death knight. Some sort of killing machine devil human buffed with unholy energy. I don’t know if it’s actually been explained yet though. In some of the older movies there was a cult that gave him this immortal power when he was born. But that’s not canon to the new movies. The next sequel coming out next year might talk about it, if they haven’t yet.

2 Likes

The boogey man can’t age or they no longer stay the boogey man.

One other thing, Mob assembles to kill Michael, armed with baseball bats, hockey sticks, one woman has an electric iron (unplugged), does no one in this town own a gun??? Hell, the only one who seems to have even a decent set of knives is Michael!

Evil dies tonite! :jack_o_lantern:

And the movie is completely ridiculous. Can’t wait to see the next installment.

I love how twitter is freaking about Michael murder a gay couple calling him an homophobic…Spoiler alert! Michael Myers kills anyone who’s in front of him. it doesn’t matter how old you are, what gender or even sexual interest he’s going to murder you regardless.

1 Like

His ideology: No Lives Matter

I am not a critic. I am very easy to please. I don’t look for flaws in movies. Especially horror films (my genre of choice), and doubly especially slasher movies (my sub-genre of choice).

The original 1978 Halloween is the Mona Lisa of horror films. Many of the sequels are very enjoyable, including the 2019 sequel which asked us to ignore every other sequel that came before it (a big no-no in my book; you made the sequels, you’re married to the sequels, work around the sequels).

That being said, this sequel to the sequel is insulting on many levels. It is something I would expect to see from a bunch of high school kids making a class project movie, including the ridiculous and insulting dialogue. So many issues I won’t bother listing all of them, but I will vent about my biggest and most obvious flaw (which every critic seems to have missed)…

Over the past 40 years, Michael Myers has been a Frankenstein monster terrorizing the countryside in Haddonfield. He has killed dozens of people and the police have been unable to stop him. However, in this timeline NONE OF THAT HAPPENED. Michael Myers is just some old guy that killed a few people 40 years ago and escaped the mental ward. There would be no panic, no riots, no throwing police down flights of stairs because they incompetently can’t catch him. The fact that the entire town was whipped into an “evil dies tonight” frenzy in this timeline was moronic on every level.

I can keep going but I will stop now. See the movie as it’s free, the kill scenes were good, and the flashbacks with Donald Pleasence CGI’ed were cool. Just know you will be insulted going in.