Halfhill farmer's backpack, roosters don't lay eggs

Couldn’t help but to notice that the Halfhill farmer’s backpack has a rooster and eggs. Since roosters are male, where did the eggs come from? Is this intended? When I got the backpack I assumed the chicken, eggs, and pan is to convey a sense your character having a fresh supply of eggs to eat on their adventures.

Maybe it’s meant to imply that you have a fresh chicken to eat alongside the eggs.

Is it a rooster? Have to look at it closer later.
I do like how it defines gravity and calmly sits in the nest when I am dead on the ground.

That is in fact a chicken.

5 Likes

Yeah, definitely not a rooster. I’d like to think I’d have noticed the difference too since I didn’t pay it much mind.

I will second that it looks like a hen.

I will also note that when I was a nipper on a small rural farm, we had all our roosters expire to various tragedies. Then one of the hens started crowing, her plumage grew out, and the behavior changed until this chicken was functioning as a rooster. So you never can tell.

Especially with chickens.

That chicken was hardcore.

2 Likes

Chickens generally are.

The crow was pretty decent. We didn’t do a study on whether there was any laying still involved… but the plumage change was genuinely impressive, especially because we watched it happen.

Chickens do not respect human social constraints.

isn’t it obvious? the hen is back at the farm laying food-eggs, while your rooster is on paternity leave to raise the non-food eggs into chicks.

Maybe the rooster is the pimp for the hens that laid the eggs.

2 Likes