Had my whole UI wipe

Took me months to make my UI perfect and it got wiped today on TWO ACCOUNTS out of nowhere. All my presets everything, just gone. There has been no changes to any of my files and it was perfectly normal 5 hours ago when I was playing…Also the saved string just doesn’t work either…

2 Likes

I don’t know why this happens, but the people in UI and Macro may have some insight.

The UI is stored on your Computer in a folder called interface. Its possible the addons where disabled for some reason

Having same problem! All my profiles are gone. Been replaced by someone named Rob and even got their macros? Super weird stuff

I can’t even use edit mode properly it’s bugged!

Im having this same issue i logged out and logged back in later the same day to my ui’s being unable to even make a new ui. I put in a ticket with blizz and got told to retry the exact same things iv already done 3 times over iv even done 2 fresh install and nothing.

Did you ask in the forum I recommended? Truly that’s a better place to ask since most people there handle UI stuff. Tech support is for crashes and disconnections.

I did and the only reply I got was “open a ticket”. So I’m just not going to bother, going to uninstall and call it good because ticket wait time is over 2 weeks right now and the reply I’m going to get is just going to tell me to check wowhead

I just put everything into a local Git repo for the two critical folders.

git init .
git add .
git commit -m “Update before I hork around with elvui”

You will never lose content, custom settings, etc. Nothing worse besides losing some custom Vuhdo or /m settings you have spent time creating. And if you’re ever debugging an issue, you can easily get back to where you were before

git checkout HEAD~3 or something close.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.