[H] The Jakaro Loa - Troll Heavy RP-PVP Community

Death. Life. Growth. Rot. The cycle continued as it always had. They had fallen into disarray - scattered like ashes in the wind. But, death isn’t the end, for true Trolls never fade entirely into oblivion. They stand ready to meet death, and meet it they shall.

After many months of wandering the swamps of Nazmir, a figure thought dead slowly made his way into the great city of Dazar’Alor. With a small smile cracking across his features, he noticed the Horde emissaries gathered in the large courtyard of the market, dealing with the various vendors. Chuckling quietly, he muttered six words, half to himself.

“It be time for de return…”

OOC

After death comes the rebirth - and thus, the Jakaro Loa has returned from Bwonsamdi’s grasp! We are a Troll-based, heavy RP-PVP tribe/community. Whilst we are most certainly Horde-aligned, with Zalaaji himself being a former Darkspear, we do accept Trolls from all of the various tribes (with the exception of Blood Trolls and G’huun/Blood cultists, I’m afraid!), so long as they swear loyalty both to the Horde, and to the Loa.

Presently, we are looking for those interested in both the RP and the PVP aspects of the game, as well as having a genuine interest in Troll lore. If you do have the interest, but don’t quite have the knowledge just yet, don’t worry! We’re more than willing to help out!

In terms of progression, we no longer focus so heavily on ranks, opting to keep it simple. Due to the nature of community ranks, all of the character ranks will be purely IC, with the exception of community officers.

Starting at initiate, we have our new children of the Loa take a week to get used the guild, letting them partake in at least three events before they can request a Hamaz’Fastera. This ceremony stands to welcome our new brothers and sisters into the tribe as full, letting them become true tribemates.

Tribemates are the primary body of the community, and where many will find their home. All tribemates are respected members of the Jakaro, and are welcome to partake in or create any events and RPs for their fellow members!

Elders are a rank of honour, open to those who have been apart of the tribe for many months. There are no special permissions or abilities with this rank, save for that their word carries the weight of experience.

Antu, or Overseer in Zandali, is the initial rank for officers. In the community, they will make use of the ‘Moderator’ rank. As such, Antu have the added responsibility of helping to keep the community a nice and friendly community, working alongside their fellow officers to make sure things are running smoothly.

Atal’jin, or Devoted Leader in Zandali, is the highest of the officer ranks, akin to that of an admin. Using the role of ‘Leader’ in the community, the Atal’jin have the added responsibility of being an officer, akin to that which the Antu have. Likewise, the Atal’jin are tasked with hosting monthly events of their own, to ensure the community always has something to look forward to.

Outside of the traditional ranking, we also host the role of Speaker - the Loa Speakers are the harbingers and voice of their chosen Loa, within the ranks of the Jakaro. Likewise, the Speaker also has the permissions to host events in honour of their chosen Loa, ranging from simple rituals to claiming the right to a week’s Hamaz’Loa.

Finally, we have few requirements in terms of transmog or mounts. So long as they are fitting to the role, we will welcome them completely. (For instance, Heart of the Aspects mount might not fit the best, but a wyvern, bat, wolf, raptor, or any of the many others most certainly would!) Likewise, we simply request our members have IC-fitting names, or are willing to use addons like TRP3 to give themselves names that would fit the role they have chosen.

Apart from that, if anyone is interested in joining the Jakaro, or would like to learn more about our little family, feel free to post any questions below, contact me under the name Zalaaji via /whisper or ingame mail, or send a DM on Discord under the name Atoxkal#1967, at any time!

Hope te see ya all on de battlefield soon, bruddahs an’ sistahs! May de Loa guide our axes an’ spears in de days te come!

11 Likes

Trolls of the Horde from all tribes unite!

1 Like

Yay a troll guild is back!

1 Like

Under de Loa, we be ready for war, bruddah!

Heh, and glad to be back! Been way too long, for sure. Hope to see you all on the battlefield soon - Bwonsamdi be needin’ 'is sacrifices! I mean… What?

You be taking Zandalari’s once we come, brotha?

1 Like

Yep! We accept all different types of Trolls - no matter if you’re Zandalari, Forest Troll, Jungle Troll, Frost Troll, Sand Troll, Dark Troll, or any others Blizzard might add down the line! The sole exception we have is we don’t accept Blood Trolls, due to their transgressions against the Loa.

So, as long as the character worships the Loa and isn’t a Blood Cultist, and is willing to support the Jakaro’s alliance with the Horde, there’s always a home awaiting them in this band of devoted children of the Loa!

3 Likes

Bump for a great group of Trolls!

3 Likes

A ‘self bump’ in de anticipation for de arrival o’ de ‘morrow! Bruddahs an’ sisthas, we welcome de Zandalari te de ‘orde in full! Atal’aka Loa - devoted children o’ de Loa - we stand!

2 Likes

Do you consider the Earth Mother a Loa?

1 Like

Some might whilst others might not. It can be a bit of a tricky case, as many Trolls view various ancient spirits as Loa. In truth, any spirit of worship could technically be considered a Loa in the eyes of the Trolls, although some may view others as false Loa. In Zal’s own case, however, he most certainly does! Although, he views the ‘Earth Ma’da’ as another name for a Zandalari Loa. Torcali.

He views Torcali as such because the great Direhorn is also the Loa of the Harvest and the Land, not just the Bulwark. She is described as the grass, the earth, and the very harvest itself. She is the great shaper of the land, as her steps and horns drew out the valleys and rivers. As such, it is said that despite being a major Zandalari Loa, she does not have a temple in the city because the land itself is the temple of Torcali.

1 Like

A little bump with an announcement for the Jakaro - from Zalaaji on an alt. We will be going through a bit of a change. With a majority vote, we have decided to reformat the guild as a community. I’ve edited in the majority of the changes into the original post above, but to briefly highlight upon them, they are as follows.

• Less of a focus on rank, with a lighter progression system - purely IC - designed to help in making the Jakaro feel more like a tribe than a warband!
  • An ability for any Troll - guilded or non-guilded, on server or from afar- that holds loyalty to the Loa to join the Tribe should they wish!
  • A Loa-Speaker role, opening the path for more Loa-specific events, and maybe allowing for new faces to speak at events such as the Hamaz’Loa!
  • Opening RP event creation to any of our tribemates - as a tribe, all have the right to call your brothers and sisters to gather!
  • And even allowing for a tribe-wide OOC channel, akin to our very own version of /guild chat, as well as an IC channel, using ICly hexed voodoo masks to converse with one another!

Apart from some minor changes and edits, the rest should be able to continue as desired!

If ya be lookin’ for a ‘ome, children o’ de Loa, ya need only seek us out. De Jakaro Loa be standin’ ready te welcome all, for de glory o’ our bruddahs an’ sistahs - for de glory o’ de Loa, we stand!

2 Likes

I Need to Contact the Leader of The Jakaro Loa!

I’m sorry to say, but unfortunately, the Jakaro Loa is on indefinite hold. I won’t say the guild will never return, never know what the future holds - especially if I ever have the time to revive things - but I’m not in a position out of the game where I can reliably host a guild or community of any kind, I’m afraid.

If you wish to discuss things any bit more, I can be contacted on Discord under the name of Zaris#5667.

I Will…Thank you!

Talk about a necro

That’s a shame, y’all were cool.