H Sire P3 Transition

So then why do you keep pushing the notation that it is a bug when it clearly isn’t? How many times do we have to tell you for you to accept reality? The simple solution is to just meet the dps check.

It would be helpful for you to explain why they were examples of fights that were working as intended but had changes done to them that changed the structure of their encounters. Note key word is structure, so abilities getting nerfed or buffed do not count. As this “problem” you are having with Denathrius is a structural one, aka phase transitions.

I’ve even provided an example where the tooltip in the dungeon journal doesn’t even list how the phase transition occurs with Azshara from phase 3 to phase 4 even though there are 3 ways it can happen.

We’re re-treading ground here for H Sire P3 Transition - #6 by Darièlle-proudmoore

The typical form a multiple-condition phase transition would take would be just going “Stage Three” with nothing in it, and Indignation would go “Denathrius disables all mirrors …”. Any stuff about the phase transitions would be a blub under Stage Three, any conditions left vague.

Indignation isn’t a dungeon journal blurb describing Stage Three, it’s a spell cast by Denathrius. There’s literally no reason to put “Upon reaching 40% health” in there, unless someone’s trying to be super explicit about what the spell does.

So then why do you keep pushing the notation that it is a bug

I’ve very explicitly not done that. I also very specifically typed out the words “You may be right, and I’m not saying you’re wrong

The simple solution is to just meet the dps check.

I don’t think anyone has disputed that.

It would be helpful for you to explain why they were examples of fights that were working as intended but had changes done to them that changed the structure of their encounters. Note key word is structure, so abilities getting nerfed or buffed do not count. As this “problem” you are having with Denathrius is a structural one, aka phase transitions.

Okay, so I’ll get into this brief history, but first I need to point out that what I said was that they were working in a way that was unexpected/unintended, and then were never changed, or changes were considered and then held back. You’ve got them reversed, which gives a different meaning entirely to what I typed.

Anub’arak had the Nerubian Burrower adds, which gave each other an attack speed buff when grouped (100% per add), and applied an Expose Weakness debuff to the tank that stacked up to 9 times (225% increased physical damage taken). At this time, Warrior tanks had Shield Block which made block chance 100% for its duration, and Paladins had Holy Shield which (along with stats) made block chance 100% for … I think 8 hits, maybe it was 9. Since the way Expose Weakness worked with block was that block reduced the base damage of the add’s melee swing, and only increased the physical damage that made it after block, Warriors and Paladins could create strats where they took literally zero damage from the adds’ melee swings - Warriors could tank 4 adds because their block was duration based, Paladins could tank 2 adds which were just enough to refresh Holy Shield before charges ran out. Given Leeching Swarm drained a % of current health and healed Anub’arak, the obvious alternative would have meant needing to keep multiple tanks at high health, which would have healed Anub more. This interaction with Block enabled raid groups to have add tanks at low health, taking no damage from their adds, and therefore have a much easier dps check on Anub’arak.

I can’t find the exact post because there’s a lot of noise on the keywords in Google, but Blizzard acknowledged that the order of operations (block reduced, then damage increased) was completely unintended. They considered it, and then chose not to alter that. Their stated reasoning was that the time they realised it, people had built strats around it. This was also the first expansion when non-Warrior tanks were being treated “equal”, so many guilds still had the Warrior “main tank” anyway, so the concept of a guild being shafted by not having a block-tank option wasn’t considered realistic. They didn’t come out and say this next part I don’t believe, but I think it’s also reasonable to speculate that Trial of the Crusader being limited to 50 attempts also played a part in this; if you have to re-form your strat in a limited-attempt setting, you’re extra screwed. So they left it as-is, and pencilled in a change to how Block calculates for a future patch/expansion.

Shannox is a little more subtle. They basically only come out and said that they didn’t conceive for people to be able to drop stacks by kiting. We have to infer what they intended. He does Magma Rupture once Riplimb is killed, so it may be that they intended for players to kill Riplimb during Hurl Spear being out (I actually don’t know if he automatically picks it up again) as the way to drop stacks, introducing Magma Rupture into the fight as a tradeoff for the stack drop, or to find alternative ways like tank swaps on non-tauntable targets with, say, 3 tanks - becoming a careful threat game to manually overtake threat on the appropriate target at the moment stacks drop on a given tank.

Sarth is a lot complicated to get into because it was a cluster of mechanics that they threw at players going “We don’t know if this can be beat, do your shot”. There was a lot of back and forth at the time between players and devs, I straight up don’t remember all of what did actually change when the fight was doing on, but according to Wowpedia, these were some changes in 3.0.8 in response to issues people reported:

• Tenebron no longer moves to where the eggs are in the portal realm to hatch them. He remains stationary the entire fight.
  • Shadow/Fire immunity while leaving Twilight Realm were reported in patch notes but appear to not function as intended yet.

I don’t think the zerg strat was ever intended tho lol. For obvious reasons. Do I even need to get into the details of why?