[H-RP] Thunder Bluff Storytelling (Open Event, Oct. 28th)

A shu'halo first learns of the world, who they themselves are, and the perplexing nature of life's nuances through storytelling. Oral traditions are nestled deep in the core of our ceremonies, our powwows, our childhood teachings. Indeed, some tribes do not even employ writing systems, rather they pass everything on through song, poetry, or some well-considered prose, all of which have stood the test of time as stone; and if they do not, they are adapted by the next storyteller, and the next, until they do.

In this we have surety of wisdom, wherein perceptions are challenged and changed by each speaker, until there is no need for further changes; and that, too, will only last until the next challenge demands change once again. It is a strange thing, perhaps, for the idea of truth to be malleable, but we shu’halo change. We were once settled, then nomadic, then settled again. We change, one hoof at a time, guided by wind, buffeted by storm.

I say again, it is strange to some, that wisdom be subject, but our stories have led us this far. If nothing else, we’re still here.

Ya’at eh.

Summary

Thunder Bluff Storytelling is an open RP event featuring speakers sharing oral traditions of their tribes or communities. For some, this is a poem or short story; for others, a riddle or joke. Some are grounded in historical details, while others are merely fanciful allegories. Regardless of the method, these traditions are shared to open ideas for the challenge, consideration, and entertainment of the audience.

Guidelines

• The event is open to all to observe. Please do not be flagged for PvP.
• Anyone may offer to share a story, regardless of race.
If you would like to share a story, please reply to this thread, so I can keep track of how many speakers we may have and how much time we may need.
Please keep the presentation of your story within 5-10 minutes. Make use of macros to help save yourself effort, but give the audience a moment to read each section of the story before continuing. Please do not post the entire story in a single text dump during the event.
• For the audience, feel free to emote your reactions in between postings, but please keep /say and other speech bubbles to a minimum until after a speaker has finished presenting.

Scheduling

The event will take place in Thunder Bluff (durrr) at the Elder Rise bonfire on Friday, October 28th, at 7:00 PM Server time.
2 Likes

Sounds like a neat event! I have a fine tale to tell as well, I should be able to make it.

1 Like

Event is this Friday! Get your peace pipes ready.

1 Like