[H-RP] <The Strawmen>

idk about the rest of you but move over Sylvanas there's a new queen in town!! Hail queen Talanji!!
08/13/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Versca
idk about the rest of you but move over Sylvanas there's a new queen in town!! Hail queen Talanji!!

~writes faster~
What's your opinion on Forsaken death knights who have always had a slippery loyalty to the Dark Lady?
08/14/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Coffinspike
08/13/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Versca

~writes faster~

Look, until I see Sylvanas summon a literal dinosaur god to punch her ships through the ocean my life for Queen Talanji. So you can add that to your journal!

08/14/2018 07:12 AMPosted by Vashta
What's your opinion on Forsaken death knights who have always had a slippery loyalty to the Dark Lady?

More friends for me <3 I should actually let Barn answer that instead of my usual tomfoolery because I'm probably the worst person to represent the guild.

Speaking for Versca only, as a first generation undead she's a bit weary of the idea of the Lich King returning. What sort of control do they have over the Death Knights and most importantly can that control be extended to the undead like herself. I didn't play the Death Knight campaign so idk if there's an actual lore reason that could or couldn't make that happen but Versca wouldn't know that either way. So while she'll probably be friendly and cordial to death knight characters, even recognize them as potential allies, there will always be a bit of mistrust and concern regarding who might be pulling the strings behind the scene.
She was First Generation as well! She didn't start out as a death knight. I don't think you're the worst person to represent the guild at all, totally got me excited to potentially apply. :D I liked learning a bit about your character!
08/14/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Vashta
She was First Generation as well! She didn't start out as a death knight. I don't think you're the worst person to represent the guild at all, totally got me excited to potentially apply. :D I liked learning a bit about your character!

Ohhh I gotcha! I totally missed the part about Forsaken Death Knight! Versca and I'm sure most other Strawmen are sympathetic to fellow Forsaken who had died (again) only to be risen (again) as a thrall to Arthas. She had mostly been indifferent towards the Ebon Blade until hearing rumours about the return of the Lich King during the Legion invasion. Her main concern since then is someone making her their thrall again, not so much the individual death knight (unless they tried to beat her up or something like that).
Look, until I see Sylvanas summon a literal dinosaur god to punch her ships through the ocean my life for Queen Talanji. So you can add that to your journal!

~crayon breaks....~

~ring ring...ring ring...~

Hello, this is 1-800-tombtones..

Hi I would like to order a flaming tombstone please....

(this is how you bump the hell out of a thread folks)
08/14/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Versca
08/14/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Vashta

Ohhh I gotcha! I totally missed the part about Forsaken Death Knight! Versca and I'm sure most other Strawmen are sympathetic to fellow Forsaken who had died (again) only to be risen (again) as a thrall to Arthas. She had mostly been indifferent towards the Ebon Blade until hearing rumours about the return of the Lich King during the Legion invasion. Her main concern since then is someone making her their thrall again, not so much the individual death knight (unless they tried to beat her up or something like that).

Pretty much this. Our main schtick is undead autonomy and liberation, and obviously we're anti-monarch. The only other real thing I try to stress is that, even though we are undead-centric, we don't go around just looking for Living to slaughter or torment like some folks that like to play undead in a more default villainous vein.

Barnabas, for instance, likes to try and keep the ties that connect his past life and current unlife intact so he doesn't lose sight of his "true self" as a continuous being, so being a stereotypical monster would kind of work against that.

So, beyond that we're a pretty welcoming crew to just about everybody. Death Knights, run-of-the-mill Forsaken, heck, probably even constructs and ghosts if it ever came up. A place for "abominations" to struggle and work together for a chance at a fully realized existence outside of just bloodthirst and resentment.
I am totally not bumping this thread to keep a eye on my new arch-enemy!
I've seen these folk on the forums many of times, i actually reccomended the guild to somebody in the game before, because i think this guild deserves a chance to be in the spotlight, i love the aspect of their story, and plus they're not loyal to sylvanas which makes it even more interestin', i'd say give em a chance, join their guild, test the waters, i reccomend this guild to anybody who plays a forsaken character, depending on the reasons they join, give this guild a shot, i may have not personally joined it myself, but they seem alright, i approve of this guild, keep up the good work Strawmen, keep fightin' the good fight!
08/13/2018 04:49 AMPosted by Liandrik
Treacherous fools, the lot of you! <Swords for Sylvanas> has no time for your Alliance sympathies. Death to the Living! For the Dark Lady! For the Horde!
Scythe of Sylvanas has a better sound to it.
Can undead worship the loa? Because trash loa is best loa and that's the only loa I need.

08/17/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Mortega
I've seen these folk on the forums many of times, i actually reccomended the guild to somebody in the game before, because i think this guild deserves a chance to be in the spotlight, i love the aspect of their story, and plus they're not loyal to sylvanas which makes it even more interestin', i'd say give em a chance, join their guild, test the waters, i reccomend this guild to anybody who plays a forsaken character, depending on the reasons they join, give this guild a shot, i may have not personally joined it myself, but they seem alright, i approve of this guild, keep up the good work Strawmen, keep fightin' the good fight!

Thanks buddy!! We're a mostly small guild but we do have a community for folks that want to collaborate with our devious plans. Whisper anyone you see in-game for an invite to the community :D
* picks up the old scarecrow and sticks it back in the topsoil. " Just because we have new places to be, we can't let this thing be left in the ground."
08/17/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Mortega

Thanks! We appreciate the endorsement!
3 days?!?!?!

Well, I thought some green flying monkey keeper lady might have set fire to the place...
I spy, with my little eyes, some of the Desolate Council who missed a certain meeting in the highlands... Ooh, lucky us, Souls... The bats will be ready to feast soon.
This lot is always a good roll in the hay! Metal should be a little rebellious, innit?
So curiously how active are you guys?
08/26/2018 08:33 PMPosted by Brackish

We're all losers with jobs and kids so RP is typically event focused. Right now on a little bit of a hiatus while just playing through Bfa content.
08/26/2018 08:33 PMPosted by Brackish

OOC: Apologies for the delay. We're a fairly loosely structured outfit, but we generally like to have a formal event or two per month, with attending other community and guilds events and just open RP interspersed throughout.

We've taken the first few weeks of the expansion off of formal guild activity so our members and the rest of the community can really take it all in at their own pace, but we should be rolling again soon.