[H-RP] <The Kor'kron Legion> Recruiting!

Hello there Moon Guard! New High Warlord Dabblepexx Skymane here. With the changing of the year, and GM I figured it was time to get a new more up-to-date recruitment thread up there.

–The IC–
Once, to be Kor’kron was a symbol of pride and honor. The Warchief’s Elite. The champions of the Horde. The Kor’kron Legion was a part of this, a branch of the greater Kor’kron Guard. Warriors, all who called one another brother and sister, fighting side by side in the Warchief’s name against his enemies - the Scourge, the Twilight Cultists, and the Alliance. In our duty, the Kor’kron Legion strove to be the best it could be, to take in any with the strength and honor that would fight and die for the Warchief and for the Horde.

This name, once spoken with pride, has been stained by the horrors of Hellscream. The tyrant Warchief took the Kor’kron and made it into the monstrosity bound to his will. And while many in the Kor’kron Legion stood beside the Warchief, others rebelled against him. Ultimately though, in the Horde’s most desperate hour, we failed it. We have sinned - placing our oath to the Warchief above that of the Horde. Now we come seeking redemption in the only way we know how - in battle against the enemies of the Horde.

We lay down the mantle of just serving the Warchief and the Warchief alone… and we take up the mantle of serving the soul of the Horde: its peoples from all corners and continents of Azeroth and beyond against all enemies who would do the Horde harm.

The Kor’kron Legion endures, as we have always endured.
May all the enemies of the Horde tremble in fear before us! For honor and glory! Lok’tar ogar!

–The OOC–

Started June 9th, 2009, the Kor’kron Legion has been a staple of the Moon Guard roleplay community, and we have tried to provide a fun, engaging, and safe environment for others since the day the guild started. The initial concept of the guild was to provide a ‘savage, Old Horde’ focused military guild with a largely RP-PvP focus. We wanted to provide for a bit of friendly fighting against various Alliance groups and guilds.

However, as the years have gone on and the situation in WoW has changed, we’ve evolved as an RP guild - with a wide variety of events besides RP-PVP, such as D&D campaigns, community events, training events, bar crawls, and more. Along with that, we have many OOC events, as well, such as transmog/meta achievement raid runs, LFR and BG nights, and non-WoW game nights. All guild members are welcomed - and encouraged - to make their own events, big or small. We truly believed everyone can contribute to the gulid, not just officers or long-time members. We also accept all classes into the guild. Furthermore, while undoubtedly the guild is perhaps most closely associated with “traditional” Horde races, the Kor’kron Legion’s doors are open to every and all races of the Horde, including the new Allied Races (and unique non-playable races on a case-by-case basis).

In regards to lore, with the events surrounding and resulting from the Siege of Orgrimmar, Voljin’s Fall at the Broken Shore, and more recently the War of Thorns. Our theme has evolved and shifted over time, as well to what it is now. Instead of largely subjecting ourselves to the will of the Warchief alone, the Kor’kron Legion is now positioning itself to be more protective of the Horde’s general citizenry, taking a guardianship-like role as a sort of redemptive arc and work to uphold the honor that made the Horde the Horde. We are still certified elite warriors of the Horde, though, and nothing can change the sheer awesomeness of a Kor’kron soldier.

–The Nitty Gritty–

• We are a close knit group of players that have a lengthy shared experience here on Moon Guard (Some of us have been with TKL for 6+ years). This by no means means that we’re a non inclusive group. We seek to promote well-meaning interactions between us and those on the server. If you see us in Orgrimmar standing around. Do not feel imposed or hesitant to come start up a conversation.

• As it stands right now we are a small group in roster. We have around 4 guildies on average around for events reliably at the moment. And on a normal night with nothing going on you’re only likely to see 1-2 people on for any long length of time.

• Patience will be a virtue while we work to pull more people into our ranks. Getting the right kind of people in a guild isn’t something that happens overnight. It’s easy enough to just open the flood gates and invite anyone and anything that comes and wants to join. But we would prefer quality over quantity. This also brings us into the next tag…

• Activity: If you are looking to join TKL please…please…please only do so on a character that you actually plan on being active with. We have a strict inactivity policy that we adhere to and our guild is not a parking lot.

• Guild Chat is IC via totems (comms) and we have our own Community that is used for OOC chat in-game. As well as Discord for a variety of both IC and OOC purposes.

• RP: The core of the realm and our community. We strive to bring story and quality roleplay experiences to our members and those we interact with abroad. Be it casual RP, events, or our own roll events using our D20 system. Event times usually happen between 7-8pm server and end by 11pm server.

• RP-PvP: While TKL was very active in the RP-PvP scene over the years. Since WoD-ish our focus has drifted away slightly from that scene. Our RP-PvP mainly occurs when server campaigns are in swing. But not much else outside of those.

• Raid Content: If you’re a raider. This isn’t the place for you flat out. We’ve never had a “core” group to take into raids. At most we hit up LFR as it opens to experience the content. Could it happen one day? Sure. But as it stands we don’t have the manpower needed to take that step.

• Other PvE Content: We make an effort to schedule things such as Island Expedition runs, Mog runs, Warfronts, etc on our calendar every month consistently.

Discord is a must if you want to join TKL as that’s where most of the behind-the-scenes stuff happens. Pop onto our server and you can find more information in regards to the guild and it’s rules both IC and OOC. https: //discord. gg/8A8KGUK (Remove the space after https: and before gg)

3 Likes

Hate to be that guy. But not many members of the Horde would follow a goblin. Also goblins arent exactly the ‘lets defend people’ type. :stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently you have never met Dab. She breaks the mold. =D

1 Like

How rude! I would totally follow a goblin. And Dabblepex seems like a completely trustworthy sort. Good luck to Kor’Kron Legion!

2 Likes

She’s definitely not your “conventional” goblin by most standards. Suota wouldn’t have given her the position if they felt Dab wasn’t capable. :smiley:

2 Likes

It is good to see honor is not entirely lost within the Horde, in spite of their newest Warchief’s actions. I shall hope for the best for you and yours - and for honor to prevail over vengeance.

((Good luck with recruitment!))

1 Like

An old soldier here popping in to give my love and support. The Kor’kron Legion has been a home to me with new and old friends, brothers, and sisters for years. Excellent guild throughout them all, and still one I highly recommend! Though I do not have nearly the sort of time I once did, it is always a welcoming and cherished experience when I can be a part of the guild’s on-goings and events.

I want to thank all in The Kor’kron Legion for allowing me to stick with them, and for giving me some of the best memories of my gaming life.

3 Likes

To all my fellow Hordies out there that have been taking a battering up in Quel’thelas this week. Keep up the good fight! I’ll be there with others to try and put you all back together again. :heart::heart:

This guild is run by very wonderful people! I very much suggest it for anyone looking for a friendly atmosphere! <3

1 Like

Weekend bumpage! Was glad to see such a big turnout for the Expo last night. If you couldn’t make it but are interested in us. Pop on into our Discord!

The Kor’kron Legion. Now with spikes with fricken’ laser beams on them!

Bumpage back to the top

Hey. High Wargob here letting everyone know that I am still around and kicking. Keeping my attitude up, and my give-a-foop o-meter down. Check us out and help keep one of the longest running Horde (MG) guilds up and going. Friendly people who love to have fun. Even when everything is not fun ICly!

But will my Skull be Crush’d in the guild? :eyes:

Good people, good players, even if they don’t punt gnomes as much as they should.

I am the designated shin crusha’ now…Kinda hard to reach Skulls at this height.

Skulls being crushed is left up to Nak. But if you really want punting, Utenka can punt things. Gnomes would get obliterated if he punted them. But other things are doable. =)

No one bumps like the Legion! And no one has taller goblin ears like us either! Come join one of the old guilds dating so far back you can probably still see Arthas from his throne! Small community but we enjoy each others company!

Big things coming for the Kor’kron!

Gulong is leading an investigation into a sighting of Alliance in Mulgore. Probably just a rumor, or a band of zealous humans. Nothing weird at all.

Wednesday, we’ll be patrolling the Faire. If you see us around, give us a wave! We don’t bite, except maybe Nakster.

IDK, I kind of nibble sometimes.

I am still trying to figure out who is behind the mysterious deeds in Mulgore and what treacherous motives they may have. Fear not, Gulong. I have a list of possibilities (seventeen to be exact) I’m eager to share with you, and I’m certain you’ll find them insightful and worthy of immediate investigation.