[H-RP] <The Dragon Corps> - Monthly Open Events! Next Event: TONIGHT!

Hello, friends! We’re The Dragons Corps! You can find out more about us here. We run monthly (sometimes bi-weekly) events focused on mercenary roleplay. There’s combat, mystery, intrigue, politics, puzzles, those ding-dang Old Gods – what we run is based on what our participants are interested in. Recently, we’ve decided to open up our events to the public for everyone to participate in.

About Our Events

All events, whether public or private, have a participant cap. This allows us to make sure events go smoothly and that characters can get the attention they need rather than feeling like someone gets left behind in events. To that end, we consider our events almost like table-top games – if you’re going to come, please make sure you’re on-time and present. If something happens and you’re not able to, no worries – just make sure you let an officer know as soon as you’re able.

Ingredients Lists

Every event we run comes with an ingredients list of what to expect and you can choose if you want to participate based on that list. For example, an ingredients list may look like the following:

• Torture
  • Mystery
  • Political intrigue
  • Combat
  • Emotional manipulation
  • Injury
  • Death

In addition to our ingredients lists, there are several banned concepts for guild events. We believe that roleplaying on World of Warcraft should be a fun escapism and should avoid some real-world topics that threaten many of our lives outside game. This means that our events will never include the following scenarios or content:

• Sexual assault
  • Sexism, ableism, racism, fatphobia, etc.
  • Slavery

We realize that Warcraft as a game includes many of these topics. However, we choose to never include them in our own plotlines, characters, or use it as personal development for our characters. There are so many different ways to torture and change our characters – we don’t need these to do it.

Scheduling

The best way to keep on top of events is through our discord, but we’ll also post events here as they come up. If you’d like to join our Discord, please ping Vulture, Magpîe, or Yska in-game or yaranyarai #9965 and magpie#3645 on Discord.

Next Upcoming Event: 2/28, 6PM Server: The Hunt

The Dragons have been called to investigate a town where a well of void and shadow magic has been drawing in villagers, causing them to disappear. As the town slowly dies, the Dragons must solve the mystery and eliminate the threat before it’s too late.

Ingredients List:

• Light puzzles
  • Combat
  • Intrigue
  • Madness
  • Corruption
  • Willpower

Participant Cap: 5/20

1 Like

The stories are engaging, we do our best to get everyone involved in the plot in any shape or form. The rp combat is straightforward, quick, but impactful. That has been my experience with these events run by Magpie, and these are probably some of the better events I ever attended and done in my decade of RP’ing.

1 Like

The stories told by this guild are fantastic and the events are full of fun. Even if you have a guild you should check out our public events and consider coming to them! I can honestly say that the events and storylines present are some of the most fun and engaging I’ve done in WoW.

1 Like

We’ve got 6/20 spots filled for this event! If you’re looking to have some fun on Tuesday night, feel free to ping me and join us. <3

Just to give everyone an idea on how our last event went, it’s pretty much player driven. We get a bit of control on how things go with just enough guidance that we ourselves engage first. There are no handouts and certainly nobody is gonna hold your hand, which is great, because it means my choices actually matter and I can at least aid in guiding the event in one direction. Also we have many Vulperas. So many Vulperas. So man you’ll wonder where they’re coming from why they are all here and why they’re so damned adorable. We all have a lot of fun in the events but we take our events pretty seriously as well.

Our next event is tonight! Be sure to pop us a message if you’re interested in attending. <3