[H-RP] <The Dragon Corps> - mercenary/para-military roleplay, now recruiting!

The Dragons Corps is a newly formed RP guild on Wyrmrest Accord. The Dragon Corps were built to be a sister guild to Spin the Dragon, which started as a progression raiding guild/RP guild on Sentinels and moved to Wyrmrest Accord to become a casual, private guild for friends. The Dragon Corps serves as the roleplay branch for Spin the Dragon;, continuing the storyline started over six years ago on Sentinels.

The Dragon Corps is a roleplay guild that focuses on interpersonal character roleplay, mercenary and para-military roleplay, and bi-weekly and monthly events designed to encourage interactions. While there is a loose plotline for players and characters to join in on, we also encourage members to create their own and are happy to help people build and schedule their own events for others to participate in. More than anything else, The Dragon Corps are about shared storytelling and we want to hear and play in your stories.

What We Care About

Storytelling. You don’t have to be The King of All RP or Writing Overlord for our guild. Really, a lot of our favorite moments have been with people who aren’t necessarily experts in writing or roleplay. People can have great ideas and awesome characters without necessarily being the best writer. That creativity, excitement, and want to collaborate on storytelling is more important to us.

Communication. We prize individuals who are able to talk and communicate clearly. Again, this isn’t about writing; it’s about ensuring that we’re all on the same page and we treat each other with respect and courtesy. When we’re all creating stories together, sometimes emotional moments happen. It’s important for us to talk to and with each other to make sure we’re all still having fun.

Kindness. Don’t get us wrong: we make terrible jokes and are hilarious jerks to each other when the mood’s right. But at the center of it all, we believe in treating each other with kindness and assuming the best of individuals until proven otherwise. To this end, we have a strict no-tolerance policy on racist, homophobic, fatphobic, sexist, and abilist language. If you’re new or haven’t existed around LGBTQIA+ or intersectional feminism, that’s okay – we get it, but we’re going to ask you to learn. We live by the new-age golden rule: don’t be a dick.

Fit. It’s important for us to maintain an environment where people feel comfortable roleplaying, telling stories together, and generally hanging out. To that end, we put every new member on a 30 day trial period to ensure that the guild will be a good long-term fit for them and for us and we ask that every guild member be over the age of eighteen. If it ends up not working out, no worries. You’re still welcome to come to our events and roleplay with us at any time.

Ingredients Lists

Every event we run comes with an ingredients list of what to expect and you can choose if you want to participate based on that list. For example, an ingredients list may look like the following:

• Torture
  • Mystery
  • Political intrigue
  • Combat
  • Emotional manipulation
  • Injury
  • Death

In addition to our ingredients lists, there are several banned concepts for guild events. We believe that roleplaying on World of Warcraft should be a fun escapism and should avoid some real-world topics that threaten many of our lives outside game. This means that our events will never include the following scenarios or content:

• Sexual assault
  • Sexism, ableism, racism, fatphobia, etc.
  • Slavery

We realize that Warcraft as a game includes many of these topics. However, we choose to never include them in our own plotlines, characters, or use it as personal development for our characters. There are so many different ways to torture and change our characters – we don’t need these to do it.

Application Process

Everyone who wants to join the guild has to fill out an application. This just helps us ensure that the guild is going to be a good fit for you and let’s us know you a little bit better. After that, our Recruitment Officer will ping you to schedule an interview. The interview process is both IC and OOC where we’ll make sure we’re able to provide you the experience you’re looking for.

If you’ve read through all this and you’re interested in applying, you can access our application at tinyurl . com / thedragoncorps, or message myself or Vulture in game.

We look forward to writing with you!

1 Like

I am Captain Kestrel Clearsky and I approve this message.

We have a good bunch of active people with variety of experience in roleplay. We like to be accommodating to ensure everyone gets a chance to get their rp story told

We’re starting to gear up our new guild plotline, which is all about a creepy cult that’s causing our guild members to get infected. You can follow along in the hype with our tumblr: dragoncorps . tumblr . com.

Not looking for a guild? Still wanna write with us? Come ooonnn down, we wanna write with you. Ping me in game, or on discord at magpie#3645

1 Like

You will be in quite a treat with Magpie’s RP, she is a talented writer and knows how to have some fun. The fun part of RP, aleast for me is action and making sure you survive, which I find is great for this guild.

Bumping for visibility! This is a SUPER fun bunch of people, and I’ve had a blast since I joined the guild.

Main post updated with more about our guild, and here’s a handy-dandy link to our further into and new app: tinyurl . com / thedragoncorps