[H-RP] Ranger Games - Sin'dorei Competition Event - Concluded

Contact event host in-game on the character Aesolus. Reach out for a group invite and/or if you have questions!

The following is posted prominently on message boards at the Farstrider Enclave, Farstrider Retreat, and the village squares through which roaming ranger bands in Quel’thalas are likely to wander. A few pamphlets are mischievously mislaid somewhere notable in Thunder Bluff and in a tavern in Orgrimmar, too.

THE evening breezes blow chill through the trees – colder now than before.
Why don’t we see what fun lies in store?

CALL FOR A ROUND OF RANGERS’ GAMES

Here’s what I suggest,
I hope you approve:
A round of our Games,
A reason to move.

If you be ready, and you be deft,
Gather with us, let nothing be left.

Golden Strand, September the Second.

The poem is terrible, but the presentation is festive. That at least seems to track with the general flavor of the make-do-with-gusto nature of many Rangers and Farstriders haunting and trekking the Woods of Quel’thalas.

Interested in joining in with this ranger get-together?

OOC Information:

What: Rangers & Farstriders (and anyone else who’s heard and comes to see) showing off and testing themselves at a temporary gathering camp. (See description at bottom of post for details!)
When: Friday, September 2, 2022, 6PM Server (9PM Eastern, 8PM Central, 6PM Pacific). Expected duration is around an hour and a half.
Where: Golden Strand, Eversong Woods (See map)
Who to Contact: Aesolus (Btag Autumne#11664 or Discord Autumne#7838)

Background Information
The headcanon behind this post presupposes that there are formal (Farstrider) and informal (Ranger) gathers throughout the year in Quel’thalas, meant to bring wandering bands of rangers and Farstriders together to socialize, recruit, share information, and compete with one another. Farstrider Games are regularly scheduled events sponsored specifically by the military unit, while Ranger Games tend to be grassroots and come of notable personalities passing around the suggested date and location by word of mouth. This event reflects the latter.

This event is meant specifically to scaffold the experience of three games; players are encouraged to meet before or after if they’d like to socialize with other Rangers/Farstriders or make long-term contacts!

The three games to be played at the event will be comprised of:

1. Loaner-Bow Archery Competition (RNG Model):
    – Competitors will be given a bow and arrows belonging to another party, then set to shooting three targets dropped from tree branches above them at a distance. Character/Players’ success will be determined based on a /roll 1-20 model.
  2. Agility Trial (Emote Model):
    – Competitors will be challenged to move skillfully and artfully through a course. Characters/Players’ success will be determined based on crowd approval of their actions as depicted through emote prose.
  3. Mountain Race (In-Game Character Control Model):
    – Competitors will navigate from a starting point to a finishing point at the top of a nearby mountainous hill. Characters/Players will need to maneuver their characters from point A to point B in real time during this race.

Several minutes’ break will occur between each game, to be determined based on pacing of the event.

Prizes or the promise thereof are currently undetermined; at nothing else, you’ll have IC bragging rights for anyone who’d care to hear of your prowess at the most recent Games!

9 Likes

I will be at the event on the character Aesolus. Please contact me on Aesolus via whisper!

Thank you to my level 3 friend for posting the event announcement!

This character isn’t ICly running the event, he’s a mouse - and the call put out is anonymous (and also genuinely wasn’t him). But I will still likely attend on him as he’s a former Farstrider. The event will be “run” with a creative use of trial accounts and TRP.

Please don’t come having heard Runa’the put you up to anything, or he’ll very much want to leave, heh.

See you in two weeks!

2 Likes

Some of the Saberguard might come out and use this as an opportunity to learn more about how the Sin’dorei operate.

2 Likes

And it’d be a good opportunity to put some of the skills they’ve watched to good use as the Ranger games are right before the Saberguard’s drill and training day that week!

2 Likes

This event is now also listed in The Ashen Court (Sin’dorei & Thalassian RP Discord):

1 Like

Would love to see this put on the Meeting Stone events Discord! Feel free to come post it there.

4 Likes

It’s been added now!

2 Likes

Bump for visibility; this is in a week!

3 Likes

Sinu!

Giving this a bump - three days to go!

2 Likes

It’s tomorrow!

Looking forward to the adrenaline rush of ‘the first event I have solo planned by myself in what, near 10 years?’ in about 24 hours from now. See you there, if you’re a ranger type or looking to impress some rangers!

2 Likes

This is today!

1 Like

Hello folks!

Last minute change of plans do to IC reasons - I will NOT be at the event on the character Runathe. The event host character will be Aesolus.

Please message Aesolus if you have any questions

Thank you to the folks that came out! It was a fun way to pass the evening of my birthday, shooting arrows with other rangers and being utterly destroyed by RNG.

2 Likes