[H-RP-PVP] Nok-Karosh

Nok-Karosh

“A Warrior’s Death.”

“No task too difficult, no cost too great.”

Four years have passed since the races of Azeroth banded together to defeat the Burning Legion and drive the Scourge back north. The Dark Portal is now closed - yet those who are not of this world are now displaced. The Frostwolf Clan and the Warsong Clan moved west- to Kalimdor. The young orc Warchief Thrall has proclaimed Durotar to be the capital of the new alliance of races that others deem monsters - The New Horde.

This Horde is not run by the demon-blood-addled monsters of the past. Instead it is built upon the pillars of Orcish strength, Tauren honor, Troll ferocity, and cunning of the Forsaken.

Lok-Tar O’gar: Victory or Death. Victory means the protection of the Horde and its people, but beset on all sides by the evils of this world - the infancy of the Horde may very well be its death.

When the Warchief calls his Generals together for war, he lays out the plans and makes note of the enemy’s strength. He points to the strength of the Alliance and notes that they outnumber the Horde in this sector. For every Orc, there are two knights.

The High Warlord of the Horde military boasts: “We will bring victory, my Warchief. The Horde will only need three times that factor to beat these Alliance dogs!”

A General of the Hammer of Kalimdor sneers: “We do not need that many, my Warchief. We only need as much as you say: 2:1. Victory will come without match.

The High Warlord of the Kor’Kron balks at this. “We need even less, Warchief. We will only need as much - or slightly less - than what they own.” The young Warchief has designated a section of the Horde military; A Legion known as the “Kor’kron” - “Sons of the Horde” in Orcish. They are deployed near, far, wherever the action may be, as well as serving as the Warchief’s bodyguard. Nobody knows if it is pride or the challenge, but everyone knows not to question the cunning nature of the Kor’Kron. Their soldiers are legendary.

The High Warlord of the Kor’Kron never bows, and they will never break. Their body will long turn to dust until their devotion to the Horde fades. These High Warlords come and go, new ones rise every day, every night. These Warlords - like their Legion - are without equal, and bask in the glory of battle. Yet sometimes… Direct conflict cannot be the answer. Open brandishing of the Horde’s colors would spell a disaster louder than any victory… Therein lies a third option. When diplomacy is inadequate and war is a terrible idea, the Kor’Kron gives a third option to the Warchief.

“Nok-Karosh” - Warrior’s Death. When the Warchief asks: how much do they need, the Warlord of the Kor’Kron smiles. “They need a single hand.”

This battalion is not held in such high regard as the rest of their Kor’Kron brethren. Filled with murderers, thieves, looters, deserters, and worse. A line of soldiers that have no real future, but all crimes will be pardoned - through death or through service. Whichever comes first. Yet not all are dishonorable craven, and some seek this life out of desperation. The inability to feed their family, or the lack thereof. Their histories have led them to this. Perhaps they bled for the Horde in their previous life, perhaps they didn’t. It does not matter - they will succeed in their mission or they will die trying. No task too difficult, no cost too great.

Now comes you: another nobody. The chains have left your wrists (OR) you were approved to join. Who are you?

IC:

With the battalion just being formed under command of Blood Guard Tsu’lay, a Shadow Hunter from the Darkspear Tribe, rewarded for his service to the Horde during the Battle of Mount Hyjal, Nok-Karosh has much to prove itself!

RANKS

Nok-Karosh’s ranking system reflects its military premise. Promotion and advancement is based on several factors, some of the more important being effort, enthusiasm, performance, and participation.

All soldiers, regardless of rank, are held to a high standard of honor, code, and regulation. A soldier of the Nok-Karosh is not just any other soldier on the field. They are among the elite, the mysterious, and the dedicated few who would do anything to preserve and protect the Horde. Whether they actively wish or not.

Blood Guard

The leader and director of the Battalion, currently held by Tsu’Lay. (Bulise)

Stone Guard

The second-in-command. A burly and mysterious Blackrock clan warrior, Irnzom Goresight.

First Sergeant

The third-in-command of the Battalion. Kept by many, held by few.

Senior Sergeant

The true front-line commanders. Held by many, they enforce the Warchief’s will and herald many of the squadrons. They are tasked with leading their squadrons on missions and performing above and beyond the call of duty. These men and women have proven themselves extraordinary leaders dedicated to the betterment of the Kor’Kron, and protection of the Horde.

Sergeant

These men and women are soldiers who have shown outstanding leadership capabilities. They have proven themselves assets both on and off the battlefield and are pillars of excellence, good behavior, and protocol. They are tasked with overseeing training events, leading groups of soldiers on missions, and mentoring the ranks below them on the necessity of the Horde.

Vanguard

The most renowned and respected enlisted men and women within the battalion. These men and women are skilled veteran soldiers who have shown excellent skill and knowledge on and off the battlefield. They are trained and well-respected within both their division.

Legionnaire

The rankers of the Legion, the "bread-and-butter" of the Horde. These men and women have proven themselves as battle-ready assets. They are expected to carry out orders to the best of their ability and to uphold the expectations of their rank.

Grunt

While little more than a glorified recruit, the Grunts are the shoulders of the Battalion. A lot of responsibility rests upon them. This rank may not be prestigious, but everybody relies on them.

Scout

A recruit who has just joined the Legion. All new members start at this rank regardless of character concept.

Auxiliary

These men and women are civilians who service themselves to the support of the Kor’Kron Legion and Nok-Karosh. These volunteers and hired soldiers ply their skills and trades to the Legion and are expected to take up arms when the Warchief requires. In exchange, the auxiliary is offered military training and a place of operations - so long as they uphold the regulations and requirements.

Rank achieved in other military-themed guilds will not carry over. All new members start at Scout rank, no exceptions.

NOTABLE ALLIES

TBD

OOC:

WHAT WE OFFER:

• A safe and friendly guild atmosphere with emphasis on maturity and camaraderie. Trolls, harassment, and “unsavory” topics are not tolerated, and unmitigated conflict (e.g. “drama”) will be handled quickly and with all the guild members’ best interests in mind. However, guild chat is for mature audiences only. If you’re one to get offended quickly and easily, it is not recommended you join.

• Immersion. We function as a “realistic” military unit with heavy emphasis on honor and hierarchy. We march, train, and go on missions, paying close and special attention to military protocol, conduct, and story. We also take part in "off-duty" activities - tournaments, tavern nights, etc. - so that our soldiers and allies can have some down-time.

• A wide array of themes to participate within. While primarily and fundamentally a military guild, we explore elements of magic, spiritualism, humanitarianism, cults, and more!

• A “Dungeon Master” (DM) system of events, where each person’s strengths and weakness are defined by their squadron, position and role within the unit. These dynamic events vary in type, from characters fighting on their own, to leading the squad in an high-risk assault. Scouting missions allow soldiers to explore landscape and territory in hopes of giving the Battalion an advantage in future battle. Think traditional tabletop settings! Even NPC interactions can lead to ups and downs in campaigns.

• Quality over quantity. While we hope to grow over time, we take special care to ensure quality members and events and to manage our priorities accordingly. We do not compromise our premise, rules, or code of conduct and expect all members to support our ideology.

• RP-PvP and other types of collaborative RP events with like-minded guilds to support group storylines.

• Assistance in PvE and PvP. We often participate in battlegrounds and arenas together, as well as run dungeons. We have several members who used to be hardcore raiders and high-rankers from back in the day; we hope to achieve what we’ve done before!

• PvP is optional. PvE is optional. Role-play is required.

WHAT WE LOOK FOR

• A strong grasp of the English language, both in spelling and grammar.

• Active participation in guild events and discussions.

• Willingness to learn and apply guild rules, lore, and expectations.

• Friendly, open-minded players who work well in a group-setting.

• Level 25+ for recruits, as we frequently use the open world and hope to use end-game content areas for role-play.

WHAT WE ARE NOT

• We are not an “elite” PvP (or PvE) guild and do not force our members to participate in PvP or PvE. As a guild, we approach PvP and PvE as secondary to RP, though it is up to the individual player to understand that some events may be limited or inaccessible to them due to low level or inefficient gear. Additionally, we will not take any “non-RPers” and will remove any member who limits themselves to PvP.

• We are not a “big” guild. We do not try to smear our name where we aren’t wanted, we don’t put ourselves where we aren’t welcomed, and we do not ostracize our members. The Vol’kar Legion was created as a small guild and grew over time. Nok-Karosh will be treated the same. The small guild values are still present, and always will be. Everybody is treated as a close friend and the guild is a giant family. There are absolutely NO cliques.

• We are not an OOC guild. Sometimes we freely talk OOC in /say. We can and do so because we pay 15$ for the game. However, you stop when somebody tells you to. We value our image as both a guild and reputation among the server.

HOW TO JOIN:

Nok-Karosh is a prequel idea of the Vol’kar Legion on US-Wyrmrest Accord. Set ten years in the past, many of the grim-faced veterans of the Horde are still grim-faced, but completely new and underdeveloped like the rest of Classic Azeroth!

This forum post is under heavy development and will be updated in roughly a week to coincide with finalizing our guild concepts and rank structure.

If the thought of militaristic, high-risk, high-casulty RP-PvP and in-depth d20 rolling events complete with DiceMaster interests you, be sure to message either Bulise, Curus, Talrenias, Nascha, or Revas in-game!

See you in the graveyard. LOK-TAR!

While Nok-Karosh accepts fresh-faced recruits, conscripts, criminals and others - it is heavily, heavily encouraged that your character is a hardened war veteran, or at least very loyal to the Horde to a fault! Furthermore, please understand that your character will have an arc where they will become diehard in some fashion to the Horde. We want conflict initially, but don’t want to play Avengers: Civil War with our plotline.

NOTICE

While we enjoy ourselves - and have a great deal of fun with Classic, please understand that the GM and 90% of the officers still run The Vol’kar Legion found on US-Wyrmrest Accord. Time will be split between the two of them, but more time will be dedicated to the Vol’kar Legion (even if only slightly). This can be found here tinyurl.com/volkarforum3.

Playing or joining the retail-version of the guild is NOT REQUIRED!

9 Likes

We are pretty cool.

3 Likes

This guild is like a family, and we can’t wait to meet ya! <3 I have really been enjoying our hangouts in voice while leveling our new characters, and our first guild dungeon run this morning!!

2 Likes

Just did WC with the guild last night! Ashenhide was a savior. Joined our group half-way after a shaman fell asleep at his keyboard.

2 Likes

A quality gathering with quality people. I look forward to our future adventures.

1 Like

I hope everyone in the path of Hurricane Dorian stays safe! Classic Azeroth will always be here for you - so make sure you do everything you can to avoid that druid’s rank 5 hurricane!

1 Like

Bump to the forum post - some of us are quickly closing in to become some of the first 60s on the server. The forum will receive a bigger overhaul and get more meat on its bones then! Our first event is being planned for sometime next week!

1 Like

And some of us are just going so so so slow xD

2 Likes

Just… two… more levels…!

1 Like

Woohoo! Joined the ranks of being one of the first 60s on the server. Now the real fun begins. I’ll be formally overhauling the forum post and giving a much more elaborate and detailed section for Nok Karosh VERY SOON! Recruitment will be in full swing then. Thank you all for your patience! :heart:

2 Likes

There we go! The forum has been overhauled and our first event is scheduled for the 17th! “The First Formation” at 7PM server! Hope you enjoy the read and I hope to see you all there!

1 Like

Great first event declaring the pathway and official start of the guild IC!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/590661481599729677/623661013283241994/unknown.png

1 Like

Nok- Karosh serious bout grammar and spelling? There no schools in Mulgore to teach Hugo. Surely the guild will tolerate the less sophisticated, yesh?

1 Like

Grats to our second 60 in the guild, Ashenhide. Lots of people are right behind him, we should have enough to regularly run UBRS in just under a month. Even though we’re probably half a year away, I am already super stoked about PvP and battlegrounds. I can’t wait to step foot into that classic Warsong Gulch and romp it up for the Horde!

Also, it’s probably best if you found me in-game, Hugo!

1 Like

It’s been a bloodbath at the Gurubashi arena the past few days. Really hyped for PvP to be more widespread in the later phases.

1 Like

Almost halfway to the arena master trinket AND I have my epic mount. Phase 2 is going to be awesome!

1 Like

Hello, I was just wondering, do you have any class restrictions? As this seems like where i want to start my RP in classic. I plan to play a Tauren Shaman. was just wondering?

1 Like

Hey there,

You can play whatever you’d like, no strings attached.

Things are just going very slow right now as people are finishing up leveling among other things.

I would be on tonight but I have class that runs rather late. I’d be happy to talk to you in-game and answer any other questions you might have.

1 Like