[H-RP Guild] Reapers of Bwonsamdi

IC info

For centuries, the Sam’de clan -a mid-size group of Bwonsamdi worshippers and their familes- has lived in Nazmir, serving both Bwonsamdi, Loa of Death, and the ‘Royal family’ High Priestess Sayrah’nah Sam’de and her daughter, Ahmanet Sam’de. Day and night, pious chanting, songs and prayers can be heard echoing throughout the land around the Necropolis. Great statues of a skull-faced troll can be found near every corner of the swamp. Some of these are may be tiny idols, worn over time, others are magnificent gold statues, bedazzled with midnight blue and blood red stones. Almost all of them have tiny offerings bowls, so passerby may leave tributes to the Loa of Death.

But not all of the Sam’de dedicate their lives (and unlives) to worship. Some adventurous individuals don bone-crated armor, cover their bodies in tattoos, and arm themselves with scythes. These are the Reapers of Bwonsamdi. They are the protectors of Nazmir, fighting whatever dangers they can find, and driving off whatever they are unable to fight. Yet still, they lay down their scythes and pray to the Loa of Death, thanking them for giving them their powers and gifts that were given to them. They are a Cleric and Priest in one, but differ from Prelates and Death Knights due to their lack of Light magic, and seperation from the Ebon Blade/Lich King. Many of them are undead, but this is approved by Bwonsamdi. Despite their looks (and who they worship), the Reapers are actually kind, fun induviduals to be around, and would rarely pass the opportunity to enjoy a night at a tavern, drinking with any friends they have made on their travels, grinning cheerily and even throwing parties with family. After all, the Other Side is a place of joy, happiness and fun!

OOC info/contact

This Guild is dedicated to Bwonsamdi themed/ troll RP, but non-trolls are welcome too! Not all worshippers of Bwonsamdi are trolls, and respect that. We are all brother and sister in Bwonsamdi, no matter who we are.

This is a non-violent/non-ERP Guild, so please try not to make anything too dark and mature. We’re more Casual when it comes to RPing, so don’t come in expecting blood and gore left and right. If you enjoy scenes of extreme violence, and other unsavoury topics, then this… probably is not the Guild for you. Small talk/discussing what to do in the future for things should be more expected, as long as it dosen’t get too dark or edgy. Keep everything rated T ok? Sorry about that!

Despite what some may tell you, Bwonsamdi isn’t all morbidity and creepiness. Deep within him is a kind and loving heart. After all, he’s had more then his share of romance back in his day!

We aren’t tied to the Zandalarian Royal family, despite Rastakhan’s bloodline deal

If you would like to join, contact BwonsamdiTheDead#3104 on Discord, or Ahmanét on MoonGuard

Roles/ranks

• Death Princess (Guild Leader)- the daughter of Bwonsamdi himself, and one of the High Priests of the Sam’de clan. This postion is held by Ahmanet Sam’de
  • Reaper- the Guild’s namesake. These warrior-priests are followers of Bwonsamdi, and many are protectors of Nazmir. Some however, decide to travel the world
  • Sage- Healers and Seers. They care for the sick and injured, making sure everyone in the clan is well. Usually classes that can heal
  • Guardian- Any member who fights with melee weapons, and is comfortable in battle
  • Spellcaster- Pretty much what it’s called. Members who use magic to fight
  • Necrolyte- A new member of the Guild
  • Troll-friend- Any non-troll member

(These roles aren’t yet in effect, but will be once the guild gains a few more active members)

(Note: this post is a work-in-progress, and may change from time to time. Sorry about that!)

6 Likes

Good luck, friend!

1 Like

Ah man, if this was on Wyrmrest Accord, I would be all over this. Bakulu here was a Prelate of Rezan before the calamity of the Fourth War. After losing one Sister to Zul’s coup, his younger Sister Esha was infected with G’huun’s rot. In desperation, he took her to the Necropolis and offered himself to Bwonsamdi, everything that he had, in exchange for not letting death take her. The Bossman accepted… because he knows he’ll have both in the end.

As a vessel of Bwonsamdi now, Bakulu is sort of ‘possessed’ by an aspect of the Death Loa. still technically alive, but something of a Wraith, passing between the other side and reality. Has to do what the boss says now, often getting sent to reap the souls of uncooperative guests.

Though I could always remake Bakulu on Moon Guard! Can transmog anything now! I think i’ll look you up!

DO IT NAOW! :smiley:

If I could have a buck for every time someone says to me, "why didn’t you make Flashbang on WrA? …why I’d be even richer.

The point is, Moon Guard Horde is better!! Start transferring all your toons here now. Just take Reapers of Bwomsandi as an excellent indicator of the great things to come.

Also, Ahmanet is sweet and lovely and you all should join her guild. wink wink

2 Likes

Please do! We’ll be happy to have you :slight_smile:

Leveling is also so fast that you’ll be at 50 in a matter of hours/days

Also, you could even make a DK version of you character, since Zandalari are able to be them now. Plus the glowing eyes would make a more Bwonsamdi-like character, don’t you think?

(This is Ahmanet, I’m just on an alt)

Ok, I’m going to (sort of) clarify what I mean by some members being undead lol

The ‘undead’ members of the Clan/Reapers are a different type of undead than what we’re familiar with. They’re infused with Bwonsamdi’s magic, and are either raised by him, or some of his followers. They have free will, but often choose to serve Bwonsamdi. As for their body/soul, they look how they did in ‘life’ but with a few bits of exposed bone on the arms, sometimes even the skin is gone on the face, just like how Bwonsamdi is. The process often turn their skin a bit paler/darker than what is normal, and ‘brands’ them with the glowing bone tattoos of Bwonsamdi. Their souls are unharmed by shadow/necrotic magic, but holy/silver will hurt them a little bit, with a bit of scarring and pain (this is mostly headcanon, you don’t have to RP this if you want to). Some are even able to ‘phase’ into De Other Side itself, and this will usually happen by accident. It’s a bit of a side effect, but some like Ahmanet are just born with the ability to do it

Oh, and the process of becoming undead -to a Sam’de/Reaper- is considered a scared ritual because it makes one closer to Bwonsamdi. It’s all consented, so no worrying about necromatic ‘enslaving’ here

2 Likes

Ahmanet is a good bean!

That’s all I have to say :3

1 Like

She’s tries to be her best :heart:

Plus, she’s the daughter of both a High Priestess/Clan leader, and a Death Loa, so she has quite a bit on her mind

(This is Ahmanet, but posting on an alt)

Alright, I’ve decided that I’d like to turn this guild into a bit of a casual ‘trolls just being bros’ kind of guild until it gets enough people to do events in stuff with. It’ll remain +18 for now, but still no grimdark stuff lol

Bumping this again :stuck_out_tongue:

Alright, I’ve made a Discord server for the guild. If anyone’s interested, contact me for an invite at BwonsamdiTheDead#3104