[H-RP] Bladeguard Tourament! 6/5/20 (Rescheduled!)

Hanging on boards all about the major Horde centers of population and commerce, a new series of fliers would start to become present. Each relatively colorful in make, most with Zandalari markings. The writing, however, would be in orcish.

“For ages, sport has often been a vessel for those within a great civilization to find common ground. As such, while the Horde recovers from the rifts and wounds caused by the events of the Forth War, a tournament in the great city of Dazar’alor shall be announced! All with a strong arm and skill are welcome to partake and compete for the prizes to be had! Those not willing to partake still are welcome to spectate!”

What: :crossed_swords: The First Bladeguard Tourament! :crossed_swords:
When: 5th of June 2020. 5:30 pm Server Time
Where: Royal Armory, Dazar’alor.
Who: Horde Characters! Warmode Off.
Why: To host a nice social event with a bit of RP and fighting (rolls) for those who wish to partake.
What To Bring: One weapon of your choosing if you are a combatant, either no top or a cloth top as well. Upper body armor is a no go for the tournament.

Basic Rules Rundown in IC Manner:

• All Races and genders are welcome. We’re confident size difference wont be too much of an issue for those partaking. Those with larger bodies have lived with them and thus know how to defend accordingly.
  • It is understood that not everyone within the Horde is a troll and possessed the capabilities to regenerate. As such, some method to ensure you don’t maim your peers will be present if you do not bring it yourself.
  • The goal of the match will be to be the first to strike a proper blow on your opponents upper body. Each match will be a best two out of three with the semi-finals and final match a best three out of five.
  • Blows to the head and groin will result in disqualification.

Prizes
1st Place: 5000g
2nd Place: 3000g
3rd Place: 2000g
4th and Below: A pat on the back

7 Likes

I’ll pop in to represent. Take some money and all.

1 Like

Hecc, it’s a tradition started in MoP. Mean ol’ Pandas are shaking us down for money.

So if both opponents are trolls are they allowed to chop off limbs? Asking for a friend.

But for real I may go with my prelate if the timing ends up working for me.

1 Like

GIven the softer races might be appalled by the display, and some trolls might need to work in the morning, will have to say no dismembering your fellow trolls.

This sounds awesome, a good old fashioned Knight’s Tourney is definitely Sarestha’s thing… but alas I’ll be back at work. It’s 10am on Friday my time LOL.

I hope it goes really well Lohkash

1 Like

hisses at the human Barbarian word

jkjk, but it is designed to be something like that. Nice bit of martial sport

2 Likes

Oh I’d be there with my lance and my horse, ready for a good old fashioned joust before the grand melee :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Giving this a bump for the “Two Week Until” mark.

This is going to be great. Looking forward to it!

What are you going to feed the Forsaken during down periods?

The right to exist given Bwonsamdi’s opinion of them.

1 Like

but that’s the best part!

on a more serious note, looking forward to this

1 Like

Had to fix my own post, apologies. I genuinely thought it was a week later than it actually was. My apologies.

2 Likes

Ok, now it’s the official 1 week until bump.

1 Like

Soooon.

10 Characters.

1 Like

One hour to go!!

1 Like

30 Minutes until we shall begin.

Whisper Lohkash in game for an invite so he can begin working on the bracket for it all sooner!

Alas, things aren’t working out for me today, so my prelate doesn’t get to show up. Have fun, everyone who can make it!

Not to worry. Because not enough of those wishing to partake showed up, I’m currently rescheduling it to a day my guildees are saying would generally speaking be a better idea of Friday, June 5th.