H Pal Ashen Hallow Damage

Do you guys remember that time blizzard delayed the expansion to work more on balance issues. Whatever happened to that?

3 Likes

They got greedy.

Don’t worry, they’re paying for it. Gonna be a few months before 9.1 and they’re slowly bleeding playerbase. May have to find a way to put WoW on life support long enough to release a solid patch.

2 Likes

You mean the 4 min cooldown that a group as to play around otherwise a Hpal can’t heal sufficiently compared to Resto Shamans who have a much higher healing throughput ?

Or the fact that other then for priority damage is worse in almost every way to Divine Toll?

10 Likes

Gonna play a little bit of a devils advocate here. But maybe its because players are consuming content at a fast rate, that Blizzard haven’t been able to keep up. Also due other development updates in other areas of the game, taking up development time. I believe this was one of the problems they had during Warlords, when they updated the models of all races.

Plus people’s expectations have gotten much higher too. Originally when people first start playing the game, they tend to be more forgiving to certain aspects of the game. For instance look at how paladins were in Vanilla, compared to now. No one had an expectation of how they should of played like when first playing them. Compared to nowdays where we have certain standards we’d like met, having multiple expacs of experience.

They also have a lot of new guys working on WoW too. Who perhaps don’t have the experience of the community’s expectations from WoW that has developed over the years.

One other thing to, is despite what people may believe. They do actually listen to player feedback. Unfortunately their response to it may not be what players expect, nor how they implement such. For instance many paladin players requested to have an ability like Divine Steed. But what was given failed to meet player expectations. Was that solely due to it being implemented poorly. Or merely the player base having expectations that didn’t match with how it would realistically play out. I think its little of both.
Sometimes ideas that seem really good, don’t turn out as expected. And I believe this has happened all to frequently over the course of WoWs development. Which unfortunately has lead to player disappointments and possibly negative feelings towards the game.

1 Like

consuming content isnt a problem if the content has replayability. Other than PvP, Raids, and M+ what content is there. Most hate 1 or 2 of all 3 options.

Torghast was a huge fail, Roguelite with no progression and Static maps?
The economy sucks so why farm for anything when i can boost 2 keys and be set for a month of raiding/M+???

I’d be fine with 6 month turn around on patches if there was stuff to do, and redoing all the story/torghast again on alts is just bleh.

2 Likes

I don’t appreciate the fact that hpala are getting push around like this, meta tank is Kyrian DH so we are required to be Veny, like why, why do we have to work around on this horrible 4m CD especially when aoe heal is our weakness. It’s not enjoyable for the hpala to work with this long CD play style.

This is going to be by far the longest an xpac went from release to first patch.

But please, by all means, blame the players “rapidly consuming content”

2 Likes

I didn’t blame the players, don’t make assumptions.

This is trash Holy Paladins are the most dominant spec in the entire game.

Yeah it takes coordination and effort to play around a holy paladin. It takes a certain group composition, too.

The top team most likely would not be pushing what they’re pushing if they weren’t playing with the specs they are playing.

Don’t get confused that venth hpal is a cake a walk and you just drop ashen hallow and the team is instantly topped off and the mobs die in 3 seconds.

Ask ellesmere himself and he’ll say (it’s even on his website) that venth hpal takes a lot of coordination to play optimally

Fire Mage was the best DPS in 8.3 if you played around their bust. The moment that the Fire Mages Bust wasn’t your #1 priority the moment you were better off as Frost.

If you take a Venth Hpal, you have to play around Ashen otherwise you’re better off with any other healer. The fact that people are asking for only Holy Paladin for 18s or lower and not considering any other healer just means that they’re blindly following what the higher teams are doing and not understanding why.