Guys C’mon

Personally I’ve always felt you shouldn’t be able to step right into PvP without starting out with the basics: I.E. farm honor gear for blue resilience gear, then start arenas. I wouldn’t expect to step right into mythic raiding because I’ve finished my conquest set.

If PvE players want to come into arena playing in their mythic gear that’s totally fine, but they should be committing to playing a glass cannon build with no resilience by doing so. Vers shouldn’t drop off any PvE gear, or Resilience should be on every piece of PvP along with the option to also choose Vers as one of the two secondary stats.

3 Likes

This. We’re getting the exact things we asked for, except they’re not achieving the end goal of what we want them to do

Its like this: I ask you to go to the store and get a loaf of bread, and if they have eggs, to buy a dozen. You come back with a dozen loaves of bread…because they had eggs.

Technically you did exactly what I asked, except you very obviously did not accomplish what I wanted.

Literally all we want is a way to get gear thats specifically good for PvP by doing PvP and just as worthwhile/easy to attain as doing PvE. Everyone here would be fine by getting an entry-level set and then working up to a much nicer set, but not if it takes till 9.3 to grind out ontop of whatever other systems will be put in place while everyone else doing PvE is outgearing us by 50 ilvls in half the amount of time put in.

The overwhelming disrespect the PvP community is feeling is because PvP is being treated as a mini-game for top PvE players to do once they’ve maxed out BiS everything and decide they want to wreck more casual players.

6 Likes

It’s because someone doesn’t read or they skim blue post and not bother looking up anything from beta users.
So they come to the forums cry about it and then some other dummy takes it as sacrosanct and then we get a cycle of idiots who perpetuate it.

Yes there are valid concerns, but it all looks promising.

1 Like

You do that with resil we going back into heavy damp games, dont think you want that.

I have just never seen trinkets and item effects be as prevalent as they were in BFA.

They plagued every season, even after being nerfed by 70% ppl would run trinkets from prior seasons.

You had mages running around with prism even.

Inb4 vial of shadows, db’s will, guth, etc.

BFA took the cake with accessibility and sheer amount of pve

Just strange to tell everyone its OK now while ignoring new spirit link trinks, cheat death trinks, new tank trinks etc

2 Likes

those other items weren’t 30-40% of someone’s dmg and could ignore rotational dmg like they can now.

That’s true if you tune damage around being naked. Instead tune damage around your target having mostly BiS and a complete res set THEN make the numbers strong, players would need to grind their honor sets at a minimum to be competative.

Also PvE players would take substantially more damage trying to just hop right in, serves them right.

5 Likes

226 ilvl = 2.4K rating

Go to wow.tools and look it up for yourself.

Yeah, he’s overexaggerating. At 213 ilvl it’s a gain of ~4.8% (offensive) Versa.

I mean i can run my triple igneous 65% versa set and slang lava bursts for 30k and people aren’t going to die.

That psyche shredder that lands for 35k on top of my now 27k lava burst will kill someone in a stun instead

Taking your 15k healing wave to what 17.5k with versa set is nothing compared to using the mirror from the new raid that will also heal for 15k.

Not sure why thats a ridiculous notion to have apparently

1 Like

Show your math. Or show me some numbers from beta. You have not proven anything.

That’s because currently your undertuned (the class). Stop using bfa context in a new system

Why tho orange better than banana

No im pointing out that the PvE trinkets aren’t undertuned.

5% on top of badge isn’t as appealing as an additional source of damage in the same stun window or an additional save.

Im excited about class abilities doing damage, ive been using pvp trinkets and versa most of bfa, just not convinced

sigh

Typical “cry wolf boy” refusing to face the facts :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::coffee::coffee::coffee::frog::frog::frog:

Show some and I might face them.

Hint: emoji chains != facts

4 Likes

Excuse me? Hahaha

1 Like

Maybe they only played since Legion?

:one::heavy_plus_sign::one::heavy_division_sign::six::heavy_multiplication_x::zero:

PVP gear crisis averted, clearly the facts speak for themselves…

My chain harvest into Earth shocks on Beta in 3s went from (CH 13-14k) ( ES-12-13k) crits to (CH18k+) (ES 16-17k) using badge.

Currently Eles potency conduits dont work for earth shock so that burst will be higher if they retune earth shocks to function with maelstrom instead of the planned fulmination.

So about a 9k buff on my casted dmg for 2 crits in only 2 instances of dmg that go off at the same time for a 2min cd - 15 sec duration trinket buff.

Badge at 190 ilvl is about a 25% increase to your intellect when used (about 1300 baseline int. You gain 310) Assuming that will retain its power through the diff tiers and just be a 25% buff to your int.

Classes that are already bursty paired with badge/insignia will be extremely bursty when CD stacking. Classes that have potency conduits tied into their burst abilities will scale really really well with badge / insignia procs.

Messing around with venthyr war weeks ago vs dk teams i was able to hit 17k+ condemns into 13k mortal strikes stacking warbreaker / avatar.

Assuming with badge those would break 22k+ condemns / 16k+ mortal strikes even in S1 and as potency conduit ranks go up will scale better and better.