Gushing wound (WW PVP)

Anyone preferring this over versa amp/proc setups? I’ve been watching monks use 7+ and been testing myself and it feels so underwhelming compared to what DH/Rogue/DK get out of it.

I assume its because we generally run low haste but even maintaining alpha tiger as much as possible it still seems underwhelming, like 16-25%~ dmg opposed to some other classes doing upwards of 35%~ of their total damage with it.

Seems to me it may be worth having a more gushing oriented set when playing vs multiple high armor targets, especially if you’re forced to play a longer game.

Just curious what other monks opinions are on it who have tried it.

those classes stack haste and vers so they double dip for extra damage and they have a way easier time getting it to proc on multiple people at once. a lot of WW are running like 3 gushing and the rest vers. im using 3 gushing all on 475 pieces and then the rest vers amps and it pumps. vers procs not very good

Also because we don’t white swing as much we actually end up having a ppm like a ret paladin is another reason.

1 Like

Gushing wounds might be okay stacking it with 7, but if you want better burst damage try a rank 3 TD and then a couple pieces of versatility 12% added to it. You get some corruption with + versatility which boosts your damage and you get a nice burst with rank 3 Twilight Devastation. But i may try a stack of 7 gushing wounds, but i wouldn’t do that until you get all 470 or higher pieces. The higher your gear the better the gushing wound damage is.

stop telling people to use TD in pvp

Gushing is good if you have 7+ corruption and can put them on all your gear. But if you do not have that many it is not that great to have only 2 or 3 gushing. Therefore, you will want something with strong burst damage. Gushing is good when you can stack it with a lot of pieces.

thats wrong. 2-3 gushing to give some more sustained damage to counter WW lack of sustained damage then double dipping on the vers dmg increase. WW proc rate on gushing isnt the best so all in gushing would actually be pretty bad.

1 Like

if u have a lot of spare 475 pieces lying around to put them on go for it. if you have like 6-7ish on high ilvl pieces it might make up for lack of procs as the dmg will be fairly high. got 2.1k in 2’s just mongoing people with retxww and it seemed like it was pretty effective.

1 Like

+9 and love it over my 48% versa set.

fast paced games, and feels really good getting ahead on CDs fast

You must remember that most of the damage comes from Rising Sun Kick and Fists of Fury the more damage you deal with other abilites the less % of damage gushing will be. Most other classes who stack gushing are just splitting around ability damage or have no real high impact ability damage as WW have, making it easily 30%+ of their damage.

Gushing is really good with Alpha Tiger especially if you keep uptime but i’d recommend having 2 Sets as of versatility and gushing to swap around if you can’t afford it then you should for sure play with vers %

1 Like

yah Vers % is best for Monk, but I agree you can use some gushing wounds. A mix is the best balance. Some versatility% boost and then some gushing wounds would be ideal, maybe one vers amp also for pvp.

I tried running a GW build and lost 4 games in a row, then went back to vers and won.

Don’t think it’s worth using more then 3 GW for PvP. Should def stack vers or we’re too squishy.

2 Likes

yah gotta have more pieces of versatility%. Not just the defense aspect, but versatility also is the best stat for WW Monks after agility to boost damage output.

Caring about arena in this hot garbage of a PvP environment. Lol

That’s productive

agreed 3-5 gush feels like nothing.

playing with 8-9 feels amazing+bike/drest. proc rate is very high with normal rotation and in 1m fights is doing 20-25%dmg, in 2m+ is doing 28%+ always

very dangerous to run though against some comps, and is best to have a versa+battlemaster set as well