Gushing Wound Corruption Effect Reduction

I get the frustration, but it’s not blizzard’s fault people do that.

1 Like

Twilight Devastation and Infinite stars just whistling in the background hoping nobody notices them lol.

5 Likes

Had to happen, especially now that we can target corruptions. Thank you!

4 Likes

infinite stars is really only good on a few bosses in Nya. And maybe high tyrannical bosses in m+. It’s pretty niche to get its full beneift. TD however, is still incredibly overpowered in any sort of cleave environment. Tanks damage should not be 40%+ corruption damage.

6 Likes

If corruption is going to be nerfed, what is the point of this system?

19 Likes

Why nerf now? It’s like you always knew they were OP but do nothing about it for whatever reason.

Will Covenant be tuned like this as well?

11 Likes

TD and IS are fine. One has a high corruption tax and the other loses massive value in multi-target fights. I have neither and I do just fine. In fact I did a 2 mask, 5 chest run of Org today with at only about 450 ilvl. I’m pretty dang happy with that.

Though I did get a r1 echoing void. Interesting effect, the free damage is nice even if it’s not ideal so I’m happy. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

IS is not that great on multi-target, and has disadvantages in any fight where you have to move around between boss and adds or whatever. TwiDev is amazing for multi-target, but meh otherwise. Both cost a crap load of corruption to wear. GW was just something else. Better than any other corruption in every situation. I was really looking forward to having GW to as many pieces as I could. Oh well.

5 Likes

dude… your cloak is 15. I did a 5 mask at 460 with 65% corruption only. 80% corruption makes it so easy.

1 Like

My cloak wasn’t 15 at the time. It was 13 and I was working on finishing it.

Not even sure what you’re trying to flex there. You’re a hunter. You have stupid ez mode in visions lol.

16 Likes

To be this close to finally getting this corruption, only for you to announce such a substantial nerf before I’ve even gotten it, is frankly heart-breaking. Completely kills the excitement over the new corruption buying system.

15 Likes

Welp guess I’ll be replacing my gushing wound corrupts with something else

1 Like

…Any form of gameplay that rewards gear will be impacted by one choice out of many completely overshadowing everything else. You do realize the very definition of “imbalance” in a video game is when one thing is way stronger than everything of its kind, right?

1 Like

You mean after the blessed ones finish their World First Races?
Yeah. Most definitely.

9 Likes

you said today. are you changing your story now

2 Likes

If it needs a nerf now because people can get it easily that means it needed a nerf even when it was rare.

I have never heard reasoning this stupid before in my life.

Edit: This reasoning of theirs just proves that they want you to get stronger from luck, if you get a bunch of strength from a reliable source then it needs a nerf!

PRAISE RNG!

42 Likes

Yeah I got my cloak from 12 to 15 today. In the process, I did that. There’s not story changing there Mr. hunter. Pull that knot out of your panties.

5 Likes

See, this is the kind of advance notice changes like this should have.

This is the type of wording that should have accompanied the announcement of the changes to Echoes, so that players were aware that the change would be taking place 17 hours after the announcement, rather than “in the coming week” which is nebulous and certainly didn’t convey the immediacy of the change.

1 Like

You can STAY mad… that’s what you get for trying to make this game p2w.

3 Likes

but your achievement says you completed a 2 mask today, so why are you lying? I’m not going to argue anymore , just saying it’s nothing special . bye

3 Likes