Gushing Wound Corruption Effect Reduction

hahaha fun detected

4 Likes

Cool. So my 475 socketed gushing wound piece that’s one of the few things I got out of your BS random weekly cache is now less useful.

At this point, if everyone can just buy corruption effects off a vendor, just admit you screwed up and scrap the whole corruption system. I’m tired of it. It was really cool at first, but there are too few OP corruptions and a thousand useless ones. If we all have access to the same corruption effects, it’s pretty much equivalent to not having them at all, and you may as well scrap them to keep the number inflation down. Slapping a vendor in now is putting a bandaid on a gushing wound. Pun intended.

3 Likes

So glad I don’t have gushing.

Is twilight safe? I’ll probably stock up on echoes and chill, now that I can get them.

love it, best comment of the thread

But why now? It’s been in game for 4-5 months now, and lots of people have been able to progress in various ways whilst using it. Now when the patch is pretty much finished you want to waste resources on making a change to this… Don’t you guys have anything better to do?

That’s the question of the day, isnt’t it? Why now? Why at all? Some people were lucky enough to have 3-4 items with it (one rogue had 8). Some of us did not. Now that the playing field is level and all can enjoy it- they nerf it to unusable status. Doesn’t make sense- Game dev’s have no clue what they are doing.

Ran into destro-locks last night stacking expedient doing 1s Chaos bolts… pulling insane damage. Fire mages stacking insane mastery builds doing incredible damage. Classes that stack stats will start pulling far ahead in damage in pve and pvp anyways. Gushing wounds was a gap closer for some classes.

There is no way they will be able to balance shadow lands covenant abilities correctly. Corruption system explicitly say so.

I think the size of this nerf is a mistake. At least from looking at gushing wounds performance across multiple characters on blood mallet.

I agree it should be nerfed because its average dmg per corruption value is too high for say a Havoc DH. But for a number of agility melee classes, gushing wounds is the only viable consistent corruption for damage relative to the crazy damage boost that mages and warlocks get from stat based corruptions.

I think part of this pain is because agility melee classes basically rely on either gushing wounds or stars for high single target dmg. Stars value drops off in short fights. Gushing is far more consistent with little to no RNG relative to stars which is all over the map.

I think gushing ideally should be nerfed down to a similar performance level boost to masterful on a firemage. I think 35% is beyond that level of nerf…

I agree giving it an extra harsh nerf for pvp makes sense simply because it is OP there. But there is no reason to knock the viability of gushing wounds down in PvE as a more balanced single target/ multi target options for melee agil classes.

I would have expected something closer to 15% reduction in PvE and 50% reduction in PvP.

Someone mentioned that they saw how this was used in tourney realms when it was purchasable, so they didn’t want that level of prevalence for this corruption…

I am concerned this nerf is too harsh though and is simply going to make this corruption like echoing void (useless). Gushing really needs to fill the role balanced good single target + multitarget dps. Worse than twilight and lash at multi, and worse the stars on sustained single target. But a good balance of both types of damage.

To put it on par with corruptions like severe for hunter and masterful for mage.

THIS haha, this dude gets it. PLAYER ENGAGEMENT AKA INCOMPLETE CLASSES UNTIL END OF EXPANSION sooo expect chars to play like as, more wow tokens to buy flavor of month stuff and im disgusting with blizzard after 15 years they have never come off as this petty and incompetent

1 Like

I never got a single gushing piece.

Outplayed Blizzard.

but they’ll get covenants/legendaries/soulbinds balanced right from the start, right?
Right. < wink >

so you are saying its IMBA now? So that means the lucky few that got the RNG and had multiple gushing wounds were overpowered? Yeah great job alright…

Blizzard Logic: Do everything we require you to do to get the item
Me: Okay did it… it was long and tedious but i did it.
Blizzard: Oh you did? okay well now we are gonna nerf it to the ground
Me: Well then what’s my incentive to ever do what you ask again if this is gonna happen?
Blizzard: None

“Blizzard designing systems that work against the player since activision took over”

You know it’s not our fault blizzard didn’t test the stuff, but we did put in the effort to get it. Why is blizzard always punishing people for doing what is required? Does it need nerfed? ya probably but that’s not our problem that’s something you as a gaming company is supposed to test before you make people waste time obtaining the item… sad part is not only do we spend a ton of our time investing to get the item but we are paying you guys monthly to turn around and nerf it.

i’ll probably get suspended again from forums for having my own opinion rather than praising everything blizzard does, but after awhile this gets annoying. How do you guys go from a system that worked amazing Vanillia, Tbc, Wotlk to Bfa? it’s like you guys are intentionally trying to ruin the game and get people to leave.

here is an idea… open a test server , invite a bunch of people and give them all free access to all gear and let them test it before you add it… This way you can nerf it before it goes live so people don’t spend a stupid amount of their time obtaining it just for it to get washed out.

4 Likes

Oh i finally got a gushing wounds but guess what, its a damn ilvl 420 and will i be able to use it, hell no, thanks for the troll blizzard >_>

laughs maniacally

And what is hilarious is all the brain dead streamers praising the tower content in Shadow lands which is nothing more then some Diablo rift nonsense and less like a rogue game given they trying to implement timers of sorts now. Oh we gave you all these amazing and broken ability in tower so your character feels like crap soon as you leave it. OH you like that broken ability in there well maybe a legendary will replicate it in world if you work real hard. At this point I am only playing because its been such a huge part of my life since original beta but the designers are crud and unimaginative at this point.

MOP style talents etc. need to come back. These are poor throw it at wall and see if it sticks measures with some of the supposed unprune. Its clunky game design at best, at worst its more player engagement aka unfinished game until we introduce x y and z.

WE ALL KNOW THEY ONLY PUT CORRUPTION ON BOE SO PEOPLE CAN PAY TO WIN BUY WOW TOKENS WHETHER GUSHING OR WHATEVER. THEN ONCE YOU HAVE THEY NERF SO YOU MOVE ON TO BUY NEXT THING.

Yeah titan forging was so bad… Really? What moron thought titan forging was so horrendous that corruption was somehow more viable in which is basically ruined an entire season of arena and made world firsts a bid fest stacking items for a raid that guilds with massive coffers could just buy the best.

This is the culture blizzard promotes now, people selling mythic plus runs, selling raids, wow tokens and purchasing wins, io etc. Thanks activision blizzard, you are a real piece of work.

It needed to be nerfed for sure. For whoever had it just be happy you got free glad title in arena with it. The fact that one corruption was able to allow free wins was a major problem to begin with. The change was needed. It’s bad for those who didn’t get to play around with it, but the change was needed.

The though of people paying real money to buy in-game gold to buy OP limited use items only for them to be nerfed makes me laugh hard, the only thing more pathetic than trying to pay to win for gear is the people spending $1000 on the longboi mount.

So it’s probably easy to nerf than make it UNIQUE? I mean, to prevent people to stack it you only need to make it UNIQUE :stuck_out_tongue:

Just nerf all corruption by 50% in pvp. it doesnt add anything to the gameplay other than randomly being 1 shot in a stun by tent proc or stars or bleeding while kiting perfectly because of wounds, pve wise you cant nerf wounds, its only thing keeping other specs besides bm/arms/fire from being complete garbage.

3 Likes