Guilds using multi-boxer warlocks to lockdown world bosses

You just need a single level 20 lock and two other alts to summon the whole guild. You don’t even need to multibox to do this. I have five level 20 locks specifically for this purpose. Just summon the warlock mains first and away you go.

As for multboxing, it’s not changing, ever. The tears of ten thousand threads hasn’t changed it, yours won’t either.

Not true. The multiboxer only has one pair of hands, so he would have to start the summon, then switch over to the second char and click on the portal, then do the same with the third char.

Three separate people working in unison perform this operation faster. No question.

I have two rebuttals:

1. By that definition, nothing unfair has ever happened in a videogame.

2. “Fair” and “legal” are different words because they mean different things.

I think that is a fair distinction to make…but I also think that Blizzard thinks multiboxing is fair considering their 15 year long stance on it.

I am sorry but your sense of entitlement is retail thinking at work. The point of world bosses is this is a competition for who gets them, and only extra-ordinary effort will win you that shiny prize.

You are not entitled to get your own world boss to kill.

In vanilla the person who throws the most resources and effort at a problem is usually the one who gets the shiny brass ring.

Some people don’t get to hold that ring. Its no big deal. You don’t NEED to kill world dragons.

OR you can join that guild that does that, or gang up with other guilds or try to find another way to get there first.

You know what else that guild probably does?

They have spotters taking shifts at all hours of the day and night waiting for that spawn

They have people that are on call 24/7 that have to get up at god knows what hour to fight a world dargon.

I know because I have been there.

Sorry, but this is how Vanilla was, and in this Blizz has it right not to intervene.

1 Like

A: Convince everyone to leave the server leaving the multiboxers to play alone.

B: Play on a pvp server.

Sure, I’ll bite.

Multiboxed warlocks won’t kill a world boss. Raiders who log in and accept the summons do.

Maybe you should tell your guild to focus on that instead?

For the record, I’m on your server and we have regular players in my guild doing the warlock/clicker thing (no multiboxers). We’ve gotten the first hit on world bosses multiple times, but getting enough people on at a random hour in the middle of the workweek is difficult.

Until you solve that problem, you’re never getting a world boss kill. And it has nothing to do with multiboxers.

2 Likes

Yep, they are just like that. They intentionally came to the most dad of dad servers so they could dominate everything. They bragged about doing whatever it takes to get a tag in the realm discord. They are going to do the same thing for the four emerald dragons as well. Once we start getting tags they are just going to put rogues in our groups to try and steal tags while getting us all in combat just like they tried to do on our 11 hours Azuregos camp.

I personally decided that I am not willing to go to the lengths of underhanded tactics to compete and I think most of my guild has decided the same.

Classic Wow is all about effort, want the world bosses? You need 20 people who are willing to tryhard as much as they are. If not? they are going to get all of em.

1 Like

What is underhanded about trying to get the tag? What is underhanded about having a rogue stand where other people stand? This is a genuine question, I don’t understand your logic on this. The whole point is about getting the tag. That’s where the competition is.

1 Like

Also, I think it’s time we post the Willingly Suboptimal (aka Serendipity) original manifesto for joining Bloodsail as well if we are going down the road of choosing where to roll and attempting to “dominate” the PVE scene.

You dont see something underhanded about having zero people there other than the rogue, and trying to take the tag so that they can no longer even fight the boss because of the Azuregos mechanics? Either they all die, and thus are locked out for 15 minutes, or they kill him and you keep all the loot. If you cant see how that is scummy then I dont know what to say.

Something in our charter you want to reference feel free to post it. Nothing wrong with trying to be one of the best on the server on raids. Its not locking other people out of content to do so. Not sure what your point is?

Dont know why you care about my OPINION on your behaviors. I certainly dont care about yours.

I used to actually really respect you guys. You worked hard, you put plans in place, you have everything down to a science. But then I saw how far you were willing to go and what you were willing to do to the same faction? It was then when it was lost.

To my knowledge we have never attempted to wipe an entire raid. If we go for the tag, it’s to take the kill, not to cause you to wipe. We respect the tag once it is lost.

My charter comment was solely in response to:

They intentionally came to the most dad of dad servers so they could dominate everything. They bragged about doing whatever it takes to get a tag in the realm discord.

I have no problem with your charter, just how it relates to that.

If you have no one but the rogue there, and they get the tag, then either we wipe from getting the debuff and cant contest, or we kill the boss while your rogue(and whomever gets invited to the raid and summoned in time) get the loot from our kill.

Hence me calling it scummy behavior. I have zero problems if the rogue had been part of a raid trying to get the kill, but you had zero other people in the zone to even tank and heal Azuregos.

We went to a PVE server so we could do things like reliably get world buffs, and as you alluded in our name “Willingly suboptimal” could get things for cheaper prices and with less competition(remember when black lotus was like 20g or less). We wanted a server where you can go out and still find herbs.

We didnt do it so that we could dominate EVERY important resource to the point where ZERO other guilds can participate in content and kills. That is what makes us different.

I dont even LIKE going for world bosses, you guys have done me a favor by monopolizing them to the point the entire rest of the faction doesnt even bother. Keep on monopolizing them, it makes my life easier.

But scummy behavior is scummy behavior IMO.

Yes! Very astute!!!

I hear their rogues are multiboxed too!!! Scoundrels!!!

3 Likes

Gotta say, no idea what you’re talking about here. If we don’t get the tag we stand way back. Raid leaders even call it out in voice that everyone is to stay back and not interfere, just in case we’ve got someone new with us.

Also a lot of players in our alliance didn’t come from pre-existing guilds. I’m one of the active world boss scouts/fighters and I literally knew 0 people on this server prior to september of last year.

However in vanilla I lead a majority of the world boss raids on Earthen Ring. An RP realm. I’m a fantasy novelist and I do a bunch of derpy RP crap, even in raids. In fact if you happen to be lingering around when we’re killing Azuregos next you’ll probably find my druid shouting about Talimor and blowing up mist vials.

First it was we were multiboxing and we weren’t (and even if we were that’s fair play). Then it was “Hiding people in your raid”. Now it’s an accusation that we all rolled on an RP server so we could deliberately dominate the worldbosses, and we didn’t do that either.

What’s next? Did we all roll alliance so we can shadowmeld half our raid?? For that extra NR on the green dragons? Going to accuse us of coming to an RP realm so they could recruit novelists that don’t mind watching 4-6 hours shifts on the boss while they write?

At the end of the day it really feels like these posts are just out of soreness over our alliance killing 85% or so of the bosses.

If you want to kill some, kill some, we literally cannot stop you from competing.

4 Likes

i have zero problems with multi-boxers so I dont know why you are mentioning it to me. I was in support of not changing things, against the original poster, so focus anything multi-box related on him.

I have no problem with you guys getting tags when it is two competing raids being there. Thats just having your macros and other such things you win that easily.

What I had a problem with was having no one there to actually kill the boss and still trying to get the tag in such a way that would screw over our raid that was there.

I honestly dont know why my opinion of you bothers you so much, I dont expect anyone else to share it nor to convince anyone of anything other than what you guys are capable of and willing to do to win. I am literally trying to tell people to not bother competing with you, if I am successful it will make your tags even easier.

I think that when you go and call people “Scummy” on a public forum you can probably expect that they’d say something in their defense.

1 Like

Understood, Demoneye. Losing a world boss to a single (potentially multiboxed) stealthed rogue would have me feel the same way.

/salute

3 Likes

TLDR for those unfamiliar with realm politics:
Sharp and Shiny dominates the world bosses because they camp them like there’s no tomorrow. OP incorrectly believes that they get world bosses because of mass multi-boxed warlock summons. This isn’t the case. It’s just that none of the other hard/semi-hardcore guilds on the server bother to camp for Kazzak or Azuregos anymore.

6 Likes

Well, there ARE a couple of stealthed rogues we have to fend off for kills every now and then.