Guilds (and who to avoid?)

Rumor has it that Deep Forest Caravan is, objectively, the best guild on the server.

You didn’t hear that from me, though.

8 Likes

Blackmarch is awful. It has me.

2 Likes

*Blackmarch is wonderful, it has me!

Fixed that for ya. <3

3 Likes

Avoid all guilds tbh

6 Likes

Well in terms of passive guilds, Stormwind Clergy is trying to bring Holy RP back to Stormwind.

2 Likes

As Zan said, we’re essentially not allowed to warn you about abusive and toxic guilds.

The one you mentioned… yeah, I’d agree that it’s something to avoid. So good call there. If you’re looking to sort of network and whatnot, the Chamber of Heart discord can help you with that. There’s been a fair number of new faces around here, and we’ve been able to help place them in good fits.

If you’re interested, go ahead and join. We can probably provide any if not most information you need.

1 Like

Legion of the Dawn are a bunch of big meanies /s

Anything SOKAN is worth avoiding.

5 Likes

Very true.

1 Like

what is sokan

Sort of kooky and nerdy

Actually I don’t know. From context I would assume it’s guilds that encourage members to spam general and trade to recruit more members to spam general and trade

2 Likes

That’s a fair assessment I think.

It’s basically a multi-game conglomerate of guilds across MMOs that basically spams every channel of communication in those games to scoop up any members they can find, and then they panhandle on their website. And they keep track of who gives the most. So the more you give, the cooler you are.

I have it on good authority that they were at one point pretty respectable RPers in SWTOR, but that’s far from what they are now.

4 Likes

This isn’t the first time I’ve heard about Sokan so I was curious enough to see what I could find and came across this.

So it’s been a while since we’ve gone over this but here we go. Sokan offers a plethora of punishments for misbehavior, mistreatment or breaking bylaws. And are never given out lightly - they are always given out in regards to what is best for the health of the guild and community. Remember, you’re privacy, mental/emotional health and fun, are what we strive to protect when giving out any punishment to someone who has earned said punishment. They are as follows:

• Official Talking To: They are toeing a line and need to be reeled in a little. This typically happens through a whisper or some such text-based system. (Chance 1)

• Official TS Talking To: They have dun-screwed up and need a good-ol-fashion scaring. Typically this has some kind of monetary punishment attached, like donating gold or whatever to the guild bank. This is done so that the member in question, can show their dedication to the guild. (Chance 2)

• Soft gKick: The member has made some kind of serious error and has been gkicked. This individual can apply for an appeal - Appeals are held in TS with the Guild Leader or Community Officer. (Chance 3)

• Guild Kick: This individual has broken a guild law, but not a community bylaw. Therefore they are ban from this Sokan guild, but may apply to other Sokan guilds.

• Community Ban: This individual has proven they are toxic to the guild and community and will attempt to do damage to any Sokan guild they are a part of.

• Communication Ban: This person is not only Community Ban but anyone caught talking to this person could be ban as well. The initial person is a cancer and will spread ill-will, subversion, poaching, actively disrespecting or sowing disrespect, or actively sabotaging the guild.

• Black List: Epic mega-bad. This person didn’t just screw up, they really really screwed up - like legal epic bad screw up.

Remember, punishments are given out to protect our members. Punishments are between the Officers and the member in question. Officers have to make hard decisions but always do so for the betterment and health of the Guilds and Communities. Drama breeds stress and destroys fun. Stress leads to heart attacks, and no one wants a heart attack, so avoid drama.

This is …really something. The donate to the guild to show you’re loyal and banning people who are friends with banned people was especially entertaining for all the wrong reasons.

9 Likes

It reads like an orientation pamphlet when you get hired to a new company.

Oh wait.

It’s not a pyramid scheme its an reverse funnel system

6 Likes

looks at funnel… turns it upside down Oh no.

2 Likes

I’m obsessed with how poorly thought out that list of punishments is. What’s the practical difference between “communication ban” and “blacklist”? Why would you allow someone who’s gotten kicked from one guild to apply to another? Why is yelling at someone over voice chat as opposed to text considered a more severe punishment?

Good Lord.

2 Likes

‘Guild laws’. If you call your rules laws, maybe you’re making yourself sound more important than you actually are.

While I can commend a sincere desire to keep things drama-free and enjoyable across a large community, this whole punishment list sounds fairly ineffective and super over-controlling.

Any guild that tells me to donate to prove my loyalty would promptly get laughed at before being blocked. I don’t play games to join a cult ponzy-scheme.

4 Likes

This would pretty much be me if i had to sit in discord and listen to some kid lecture me about how much of a bad bad boy i was being.

What is this scientology?

5 Likes