Guild roster rank titles

Aside from the common GM / Officer / Recruits, what other titles does your guild give to members, and what are the requirements to be promoted to said ranks?

Would love to get some ideas… especially from people who belongs to raiding guilds (of course, ranking title ideas from non-raiding guilds are welcome, too).

Dunce, for those people who just need a silence.

Do the people who were given the Dunce title stay in the guild tho…?

It’s usually just for jokes.

at the start of the expansion (when achievements were rolling in like mad), I had a rank called “GratsMacroJail” wtih no permissions to speak in guild chat.

it’s where i put everyone who had some stupid addon that auto grats when someone got an achievement.

man did that make people salty lol

4 Likes

My guild made me my own rank of Herbinator after I supplied most of the herbs for the raids.

I did raid with them off and on but my main contribution was a crapton of herbs.

Still makes me smile anytime of think of my rank :smiley:

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I feel like the auto-grats addon is more common (or should I say, accpted) Alliance side.

I swear almost every time someone new joins my Horde guild and uses that addon their main toon is Alliance.

1 Like

I’d say the grats macro is universal, every guild Iv had on either faction has had multiple people who use it.

I’m an Elder, which doesn’t actually related to my age (even if it is accurate). Elders are supports for the GM and guides for new members who may be new in many ways in the game. We have other typical ranks like Officers, Members, Alts, etc.

To be an Elder you need to have a long-term commitment to the guild - Im not talking a month, players are rarely Elders without having been in the guild for at least a couple of years. We can do anything except kick people from the guild, change member ranks and withdraw large sums of gold.

Officers are made after being in the guild for a fair amount of time and being reliable and trustworthy.

All of the ranks are at the pure discretion of the GM. It is her guild - she copes with the rare cases of angst and disruption and makes decisions regarding the guild but in a cooperative fashion. She organises the raids and although she may not always by RL, she has a voice in what is done and when. Other members, especially officers, can create events such as Mythic+ dates/times, etc.

It has worked very well for us for a number of years now.

1 Like

Are the Elders ranked higher than Officers?
We do have Veteran ranking which is only given to members who has been in the guild for more than 2-3 Xpacs, but what you described as what Elders can do (can do anything except kick people from the guild, change member ranks, etc) are only given to Officers in my guild.

Thank you for the detailed description :smiley:

We have the GM>Co-GM which is pretty obvious.
We have then a Trustee who handles the guild bank, AH, and finances of the guild.
Elders who along with the Trustee, GM, and Co-GM decide guild policy, and are the lowest rank that can kick. It also serves as a safety net for the guild. We have it tiered this way that god forbid something happened to the GM in real life that they were inactive the guild falls into the hands of someone who actually cares about seeing the guild continue, and not become someone’s piggybank.
Then we have the officers who handle day to day guild management, run events, etc.
Then we have three member ranks depending on time and level in the guild with increasing access to the bank.
Then we have a mute rank which locks them out of all guild access for circumstances that require the GM, or an Elder’s attention, or if we believe someone’s account to have been compromised.
The guild is getting ready to celebrate it’s fifteenth anniversary next week.

1 Like

OOC is a good one.

Hmm, my guild’s Officers handles everything that the Trustee and Elders in your guild does.

Is this Trustee just one person, whereas there’s a few Elders?

And what are the three member ranks called, if you don’t mind sharing?

That’s pretty awesome, congrats! :clinking_glasses:

Out of character…?

Yes. Elders are the rank under the GM. Sort of like Deputy GM.

The Trustee is one person, but they are considered an Elder for the most part. Between the GM, Co-GM, and the Elders five of us in total that way when we vote on guild policy it is an uneven number.

As for the other three ranks Exalted, Revered, and Member. Though we have Mute above Member so people don’t come in muted, would tend to make a bad first impression lol.