Guild Management Wish List for 11.0.1 Guild Updates

I do agree that something needs to be done to help guild leaders - in a way that gives more flexibility and options. I know that some guild leaders are just fine with what is there currently (other than the bugs), so it would be great to have the option to flip between “normal” and “advanced” modes, defaulting to “normal”. So if a guild leader is fine with just the very basics, then they have it.

But if they wish to have more control over which ranks are able to do what - for example who can edit/view notes, who can add/edit/remove calendar events, etc, then instead of just “Is Officer” on the “normal” mode, they can flip to advanced settings.

As for the additional roster information - as an example, in an email programme, you’ll have a set number of possible information to show - we should be able to do that. So yes, in a PVP-oriented guild, they could select the PVP-related bits and deselect non-relevant bits; in a raiding guild you could show the boss kills (with guild?), ilevel, etc. There’s loads of possibilities here as this information is already available, the UI just needs to be reworked to allow that information to show. Or just use the roster drop downs (where you go to professions, etc now) to show that information. Or use a guild-vault method where you have tabs at the side which are viewable or not depending on rank or some other selection, giving roster information for PvP/Raids/Achievements, etc.

I’m not sure I agree about the battle.net tag being viewable, however, that information certainly could be used on the back end in order to tag characters in some way to show they all belong to the same account - but only those characters in the guild itself.

One of the main problems I find, managing a guild with lots of members who have lots of alts, is it is very difficult sometimes to work out who is who. Yes there are addons available to help with this, if you put the work in to maintain it, but it would be great to be able to hover over a character in the guild roster and for it to give a pop-up showing “other characters in the guild”.

I think the number of notes fields suggested here may be excessive (mainly because, if I’m given more space to type stuff … I’ll fill it (this post a case in point!)) but certainly an additional one over and above the public and officer note … I mean if we have one for everyone, and one for the officers, why not one for the GM/Admin? For example we currently use public notes to type in when they’re an alt. So basically that’s full and useless for anything else. We currently use officer notes for join dates. So that’s then full and useless for anything else. We could do with one that gives information useful for whatever your guild’s focus is … so for example ours might be any role preference for raids, or if they’re going to be away from the game for a while, or if they’ve been flagged as a potential problem.

As far as the guild finder stuff goes … agree with all of that and more.

My problems with this interface, other than the fact that the final two columns are “merged” at the top, so there is no way to actually sort the final column, are that if you accept an applicant, but they don’t join, or you change you mind, there is no way to recind that acceptance. And it never expires. So if they keep that invite on that character, and 6 months later decide to accept it … you have no idea who they are. Or if it was one of their alts, and they did something that resulted in them getting kicked - they could still join on that alt; and that you can’t read the full text.

I made a post a while back that mentioned some of this … I’ll link it here, and then link your post to the end of mine, so there’s some connection between them and the Community Council post about guilds.