Good Morning! I know Guild Halls have been mentioned by Blizz, but I’d like for them to consider ( if they have not already ) for it to be a guild \ community \ neighborhood project. One of my favorite things I did in this game was building ToC during LK. I think it would be a lot of fun for folks to go gather all the different profession items. Flower pickers go get herbs for the plants and soil, miners go get stone and metal for those items in the construction, engineers go get gears and what not for the lights and other electrical needs, everyone gets lumber, etc etc. Maybe these can be quest items so we cant buy it off the AH. Our guild does events every weekend and this could be a lot of fun for one of those events. Maybe there could be templates for different guild hall exterior builds and we need to turn them in to the steward.
Looking forward to these coming out regardless how this is presented to us and all the guild decor that hopefully comes with it!
Cheers!
2 Likes
I saw that a guild hall was mentioned too. I won’t hold my breath; Ion said five years ago that guilds need more love and support and we’ve gotten … nothing.
Your ideas of collecting things is a fun one. I will wonder if we decorate the guild hall with our own inventory or will it have specialized pieces just for this job. I’d love to earn a drawbridge from my guild running ten dungeons or killing ten raid bosses.
1 Like
That would be a cool idea! I hope it’s a grand exterior if nothing else. I want to feel like I am walking into the HQ of the neighborhood with a guild of a thousand people.
1 Like
Guilds are hot garbage. Just look at our achievements lol. I highly doubt they will update the guild system. I also highly doubt they will give guilds legitimate ways to earn gold to even turn on repairs. With flex raids, they need to allow flex guild achievments, and update the entire guild achievement tab.
One could tailor build a house and designate as a guild hall. Devil would be in the details like…what if owner quits or gets removed? In such case, guild loses the build. The blue print system will resolve this leaving the guild only having to obtain the resources for import.
2 Likes
That’s pretty smart with the import thing. Eventually true guild halls are supposed to be added, but it’s a waiting game as always.
I don’t know when the next patch after 12.1 is slated to come out, but we also have Blizzcon in November which I am hoping will have lots of housing plans laid out for the future.
1 Like
We did something like that back in Asherons Call II….in that case, it was gathering and crafting the various materials and parts to build the various consignment shops at an outpost.
It was a really neat way to get a guild working together.
1 Like
Hmm … i’m not wildly optimistic about how guild hall + sleepy public neighbourhood will add up.
1 Like
Well guild halls will probably be for guild neighborhoods only. I doubt that public neighborhoods will have them, but as you pointed out there isn’t much of a reason.
1 Like
That makes sense. Maybe not all neighborhoods, but I think communities should be able to have them.
Like charter neighborhoods? I could see that. They pretty much act the same way a a guild neighborhood I think.
1 Like
I think it would work like members donate decor from their own storage to the guild, one way. The guild leader chooses which ranks can edit the guild hall. The part I expect will happen though while they want multiple members to take part in working together; most guilds probably end up with 1-2 members doing all the work.
1 Like
I personally have zero expectations one way or the other when it comes to guild halls because it’s really hard to say how they will handle it. Maybe it will be a “pre decorated” building without much customization. Maybe it will be purely controlled by the GM. Maybe it will have a decoration system that we haven’t thought about yet with it’s own “endeavors” or something.
They did say at one point that they want to open housing up to collaborative situations (players sharing housing if they want), so maybe they will start with guild halls like you mentioned.
1 Like
Would like to see guild halls happen soon one way or another.
1 Like