Possibly Solved TY BLIZZ! Guild finder not working and New realm can't accept invites

Latest update on my ticket ~3 days ago.

Greetings Ammuka,

This is GM SaiTorsi to answer your summoning and I am happy to be your aid. (๑˃ᴗ˂)

We understand that you are reporting a guild bug to us and it may affecct a number of other guilds. What you want is just a healthy route for all the guilds to have new blood intakes. As a fellow player, I really appreciate your acts making the the gaming atmosphere better. And what I can promise is that, all of our GMs have tried our very best to report this to our development team for fixing the bug. We are by no means against our players. For sure, we always stand together with all of you. (´。• ᵕ •。`)

I have just checked the resolution progress of this case for you, and it seems that the team is still investigating the bug. We GMs, as customer service representatives, are not technical engineerers so we cannot ensure you the exact timing that the bug can be fixed, and we are really sorry for that. However, we are consistently paying attention to the issue and hoping that you can get the latest update from the team if there is any.

For the ticket status you mentioned, we have no intention to literally ‘resolve’ the ticket when the bug is not fixed yet. We would like to keep the status as open for you, if you wish to do so until the problem is fixed. However, it is the system’s mechanism that any ticket will be closed within 7days without any feedbacks from the reporter. We GMs cannot bypass this situation by any mean. We know that this may sound unacceptable for you, but that is a place that our hands are really tied, and we hope you can understand it.(´• ω •`)

Thanks for reaching out for that. Just feel free to leave question or comment to us if there is any and we promise to pay every effort to answer you. Have a nice day! ٩(◕‿◕)۶

Best,
GM SaiTorsi

My reply today

I appreciate as customer service reps that you’re not technical engineers - but you both have ears, mouths and brains.

Why can’t someone from customer service ASK the technical engineers what the deal/ETA is with this bug.
Then the technical engineers can LISTEN you and what has been reported many times in the “bug report system”
And then together, you can use those brains to work at fixing and communicating to us all on the bug report forum what you’ve both discovered.

Bug report for this issue here incase you lost it: Possibly Solved TY BLIZZ! Guild finder not working and New realm can't accept invites - #131 by Sylaria-perenolde
125 replies currently since the 7th August.
…We’re waiting :slight_smile:

Enjoy the pre-patch, keep your tickets active and the updates flowing here my friends.

4 Likes

Sure - channeling the karen a little in my reply.
…i’m acutally a pretty chill person. Just really want to see a fix/update for this bug.

3 Likes

Vladosiky
Hey, Bonezs!

Thank you very much for following up. This is actually a bug where certain guilds cannot access the applicants list (along with other irregularities). There is currently no movement as of yet on the bug, but I made sure that your guild is on the list of guilds experiencing the problem.

To give some background on this problem, the team that is charge of maintaining the games database will need to manually address each and every guild on the list. Based on this situation, certain things need to be verified and patched into the game before the issue can be resolved. Otherwise it could cause more unintended problems.

I wish I had an ETA to give you for this problem, but there is currently no time frame listed for a resolution. I can only assure you were 100% aware of the problem and once the issue is fixed, your guild is on the list to be fixed. :wink:

Thanks again!

I can only assure you were 100% aware of the problem and once the issue is fixed, your guild is on the list to be fixed. :wink:

---- Really wish we could see that list so we could stop visiting the forums !!!

1 Like

Yeah. Right. They were notified that this was happening quite early on as a result of the realm connections and yet they continued at an even faster pace to connect more realms, making sure that even more guilds will need to be “manually addressed”. The likelihood that there are problems that are unique to each affected guild is small. The problem may be multi-faceted, but I would go out on a limb and say that each guild that is affected most likely has the same set of issues creating the problem for them and all of those are likely interconnected, creating the roster issues as well as the guild finder issues.

They are clearly ok with the concept that some guilds will not be able to recruit, make plans, and participate in end game content the way others are going to be able to. I’ll be shocked if it is even fixed by end of 1st quarter 2021 at the rate they are going.

Very disappointed in this treatment of guilds.

5 Likes

We are still trying to be patient. Starting to realize that the only Blue Posts confirmed in the BUG REPORTS forum are for bugs that effect everyone. So if this had happened to everyone it would have been fixed by now /sigh !!!

2 Likes

Well it’s UNFAIR that it works for some, but not all.
I just posted a somewhat long winded post today on my findings/frustrations, trials and tribulations of trying to get resolve.
Sadly WoW may become my #2 game when Bezo’s game comes out in May 2021.
I’ve been playing since Jan 2005, guild master since May 2005 (iHorde-Lothar)
Guild Finder is still broken even tho Article 169529 states it was fixed 2 weeks ago.
Peace Out.

Posting to make sure Oceania, Aman’Thul is on the list of guilds that need to be fixed manually.

1 Like

I may have went a little overboard… but I posted this new thread in General, Customer Support and here in the Bug Reports.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/having-guild-applicant-issues-list-your-guild-here/696250

Thank you for listing us! It’s crazy to look and see how many people are dealing with this issue and it’s still being ignored :frowning:

The armory went down when I was searching all these. Guessing this is only 1 percent, if even that of the guilds having issues. We’ve all sent bug reports and done the ticket thing with nothing yet. Other than a few good replies of being on their list, FIGURED I would update the old list.
Guess it was a Blue post at least…
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/having-guild-applicant-issues-list-your-guild-here-support/696265/6?u=psychoslayer-perenolde

Just wanna say Thank You Kalviery for acknowledging us ! ! !

Just want to say my guild is also experiencing this problem with the guild finder. I’m not going to try recruiting or anything until this issue is fixed.

I only recently became GM of my guild–I’m told by Blizz (through a ticket) the promotion was probably a bug with the latest patch. The OG GM hasn’t been on in a few years (it’s a dead guild) and I was second-in-command. Was pretty surprised to find myself GM when the GM never logged in and I never used the dethrone feature.

Thanks for updating to include us. I have posted a link to your thread to a Discord server I’m on for Guild Leaders on my WoW server. I know of at least one other guild with the issue, I’ve asked them to reply to your thread if they want to be added.

Just wanted to report that Hack the Planet on Drenden started suffering this after its realm connections a month or so ago. Same GM response - it’s a bug and they can’t help.

If I get posts here and the other thread , I will keep adding to the list. Hack the Planet, Horde Special Forces, DuskTillDawn and E X A L T E D have been added.

Guild finder seems to be working again! Fingers crossed it’ll stay fixed :slight_smile:

Confirming that it works for me now as well. Finally :smiley:

WOOT WOOT WOOT. Was playing in game and boom notification arrow popped up on guild about 20 minutes ago. Whole list of applicants popped up. TY TY TY TY TY Blizzard !!!.
Tested an alt and can invite ourselves also. But the big one is 30 or so people applied. Now to see what happens when we click them.
TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY
Not sure if they did one big fix or doing everyone seperate. Game was wonky for a bit then boom.
Good luck to all getting theirs up. I hope I never have to visit these forums again.
CYA around Happy Wowin.
Kinda interesting that they switched my original poster level 50 Psycho to classic level 36 Psycho? But hey guild finder works .

1 Like

Forum NOOB here. Seems there was a way to submit a solved icon for this thread. I don’t see it. Do not want to get to hasty but seems they may have solved our issue.

Yup, applicants have shown up for me too. 48 of them. Considering my guild recruitment message specifically said that applications are broken, whisper any guildie, I gotta shake my head at the reading and comprehension skills of these people…

1 Like