Guild Bank Missing Items Update

I’ve kinda lost most desire to play now. Don’t even feel like logging in to check my vault. And that’s assuming they didn’t delete that too, because I expect that at this point after deleting my guild bank, stuff from the warband bank, and a bunch of old reputations being reset to 0.

What’s the point in playing if progress keeps resetting, even Dark Souls isn’t this unforgiving.

24 Likes

If something like this happened this way at my work, people would be getting fired over it. And even if something like hardware failure happened that wasn’t anyone’s fault, we would be having an audit team wanting to know where the backups were and how long it would take to get everything back to where it was. And potential government action coming if it wasn’t done pronto (and that’s if something unforseen happened that noone directly caused). If someone CAUSED it by pushing untested code live? Yeah that wouldn’t be ending well for them.

15 Likes

Its pretty quiet. I heard someone say it, I am gonna say it. Wowheads being quiet about it too. I smell a coverup. Someones sweeping this under the rug and keeping others quiet about it to not cause a panic. But its gonna blow wide open soon. A MONTH, and no recourse, no fix. Theres not gonna be any confidence. Something THIS bad and no stink, no controversy? It reeks of dark dealing. Tons of stuff has been lost.

20 Likes

So the 40 platinum ore I got back is all I will be getting after my 7 tabs have been emptied??!?!?!! Not acceptable.

20 Likes

If they’re actually telling the truth and they don’t know how to or can’t restore all the items then there’s only one course of action for them to take and it’s going to piss some people off. They’re going to have to find some way to let you transfer over stuff from the Classic servers.

I, too, lost everything and had nothing restored. It is unfathomable to me that no compensation was offered to those of us with losses. I also find it incredibly insulting to have a total loss of my guild bank called an “incomplete restoration”. I don’t think I am alone in thinking that incomplete was going to mean a few items missing, not absolutely everything.

12 Likes

This! This is exactly what I feel every time I log in right now, and why I keep visiting these forums and will continue to make noise about these issues. What’s the point of playing and progressing, if all the progress I make can be wiped out, and all I’ll get back is a fraction of what I worked for (or, literally in this case, absolutely nothing) and a flippant “thanks for your patience”?

12 Likes

Its one of those things if they addressed it, apologized right away and got to work, people would deal with it okay, but this has gone on too long with radio silence, its gonna get ugly.

10 Likes

Big thread on this over on Reddit, which is slightly encouraging since they seem to be trying to just hope this issues goes away.
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1fodlt9/the_guild_bank_thanos_snap_should_get_more_outrage/

I’ve seen several posts pop up in this sub and others reporting millions worth of gold in items disappearing from their Guild Bank, while receiving a mere pittance being replaced in Blizzard’s restoration efforts.

With the following points I want to be 100% clear: I’m an off -and-on solo WoW player. I have not ever owned a guild bank and haven’t placed an item in any guild bank for 10+ years. This issue does not affect me in any way shape or form.

To my knowledge, Blizzard’s current stance on this is that they have done what they can, but due to the nature of the data loss, are unable to restore anything further. From their forum post:

“Due to how some of the data was lost, we’ve reached a point where the result will be an incomplete restoration for some guilds, and we do not have a way to restore the remaining missing items for them.”

As a consumer, allowing Blizzard a “whoopsie” with no method of compensation for these losses is insanity.

With the introduction of the WoW token and its continued support, Blizzard’s unequivocal stance on their own virtual economy is Real Money = Gold, and Gold = Real Money. “Incomplete restoration” should not exist in the vocabulary of anyone representing Blizzard on issues like these. Would you accept your bank to “whoopsie” your savings account, replace it with a fraction of what it had, and have the end all be called an “incomplete restoration”?

You are insane to allow Blizzard to have this both ways. If their data is worth real money, then by their definition, their data loss should be their monetary loss.

Thanks for reading.

18 Likes

I’ve been wondering if that was confusion between warband banks and guild banks since during a bit of the one thread both issues were happening at once.

People earlier asked if this happened in other games and it actually just happened with an update in Fallout 4. Update deleted the folder that the game files were installed in thus deleting all save games, screenshots and mods and then created a backup up on the cloud with a 0 byte file so restoration was impossible. Some were lucky enough to have manual backups, some were not.

Warz, I think you are right and I believe they are little by little, shifting the game in a way that encourages Whales.

(Gonna go off on a tangent, which I wasn’t going to up to now, since the whole Guild Bank business doesn’t need any more distractions, but here I go . . . .)

Look at the professions now. In order to advance at a reasonable rate, you pretty much have to buy a lot of mats. For those who are doing this as a form of in-game business, they can spend REAL MONEY to stock up on mats even when they are the most expensive - at the start of the game (though, to be honest, the prices didn’t drop dramatically until the very end of DF) but for them it’s an “investment” as they can get a lot of gold from tons of work-orders as they are only one of a few to be able to make things at that point. They can buy those 1 mil. + gold rare recipes, they can buy as much of the high quality mats as they want. But if you’re not a CRAFTER, your gold is still good because you can offer those best crafters some great commissions, or be able to afford all of the best mats to have them made.

But for the entirety of the game, I’ve done professions mostly because it (was) something I enjoyed, and to make things for myself, friends and most of all, my guild. At the end of DF, when the ONE person on my server who leveled pretty much every crafting professions early (across multiple toons, obviously) and when I had FINALLY caught up, I was able to do work-orders for strangers. But it was the result of SEEING the request, rather than trying to drum up business. For someone like me, spending a TON of gold and much less REAL MONEY would be ridiculous.

BUT I believe that they are designing systems to encourage it. And yes, carries. As much as everyone says “OMG this game is EZ MODE! NO challenges,” those carry-spammers MUST get enough business to make it worth their time and effort right? And people with enough discretionary income will BUY advancement - which comes with better gear, better achievements - and for some people, with real dollars.

Maybe because I don’t do a lot of work-orders (except for friends and guildies who I tell to tip me as LITTLE as they can) and don’t do AH stuff, I am no longer making a lot of gold. Back in DF, you could get 500 g + for every dragonriding WQ. Now? Not even 200 g. Though there are still some well-paying WQs, not sure the “raise” we got covers the rising cost of things like mats. I think the Whales (or those who even occasionally buy the gold) has created a bit of inflation. As I said, I noticed that prices did NOT go down very much throughout the last expansion, and Blizzard is making best quality items even MORE rare in TWW. They SAY it’s to make people “want” lesser quality items. But we are WoW players. We UNDERSTAND WoW players and Blizzard, I’m sure does too, in this case. It’s not so people will WANT lesser quality stuff. It’s so that they’ll be willing to pay more for the rare, best quality stuff - and for some, that means they’ll buy tokens for $20 or whatever, above their sub cost, to do it.

(End of derailment-tangent :crazy_face:)

11 Likes

IMO, there is a better article than the one they wrote a few days ago, from Gamerant.

Look up " World of Warcraft Guilds Can’t Get Lost Items Back" from Gamerant.

Also, since when can’t we put LINKS in our posts anymore? We’ve been doing it here earlier.

2 Likes

Totally agree with your list but POSSIBLY in their (GM’s) defense, I believe Blizzard is completely controlling any messages going out by GMs, CMs and anyone representing them. I think some ARE done by AI, but I also think that their role has been much diminished since they had the GMs of old, who were able to actually help customers in various ways. I think IF they even have real people working there, they are given either a script to follow or very strict limitations on what they are able to do/say. In this situation, even with so little being said outside of these forums (UNTIL Blizzard finally “resolved” the issue) we can see just how much they are trying to control ANY of the narrative going out.

If they are useless, it is by design, by Blizzard Entertainment.

5 Likes

it’s that “TL3” thing. You have to be on the forums too much, while being mostly constructive and mostly inoffensive.

Let’s see if it works for me. (For now.)

14 Likes

I’ve read this entire thread. There isn’t one person here who has said they’ve had all their items restored, or even the majority of them restored.

13 Likes

This is completely unacceptable and Blizzard needs to come up with a way that even if we dont get items back we get something. with many of us missing things that are no longer obtainable in the game, blizzard needs to make this up to us because we did nothing wrong. every one of us that replied to this forum need to open up tickets repeatedly until they do something. We can not as a player base accept this and the piss poor attempt to say sorry. We have the numbers in our favor to be able to make them do something. Spam this on all their social media do not relent until something is done.

7 Likes

(edited)
I don’t play Fallout, so I don’t know how they handle player data, but please tell me that these saves are clientside…

2 Likes

I got one Hanzo Sword back from one of my vaults that I didn’t notice anything in particular missing from, so … it’s possible that in the case of that vault, I got everything back!

However, my reagents vault was about 25% wiped out and I got back, well, maybe 3% of it.

So I guess I’m Maybe-yes/definitely-no.

I have a lot of valuable BoEs and pets in other vaults, and they are either unaffected or not obviously affected, which is good, because they add up to a realistic 100-200M+ of stuff to sell one of these days.

I am saddened and upset about what’s happened to other folks who have taken huge hits to their inventories.

7 Likes

AHHH got it. Yeah, they didn’t like one post I made, though it seems quite a few of the readers did (on the original Bug Reports forums).

Thank you for posting that.

Funny that they judge US on trustworthiness, huh, considering all that we are discussing here? :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

It wasn’t simply an incomplete restoration, it was a lack of restoration to anything of actual value in the multiple bank tabs. The fact that in the game’s lifespan there’s never been instability in the bank system and now there is, it’s really concerning for the future of the game.

Kaivax closing the thread about this with no remark either is really unfortunate.

19 Likes