Guild Bank Missing Items Update

No official statement on Monday? They are really going back to radio silence, huh?

:expressionless:

6 Likes

Was told by GM to post here. Saurfang Alliance Guild “Mishmash” GM Velcoe. Guild bank still completely empty after a month. I am the only user in the guild as it was a family alt guild and my wife and son no longer play. It has NOT been hacked and is part of the ongoing issues you have had with disappearing items. 7 tabs that were very full to almost completely empty with me removing the very few items left.
edit …The above guild was one I opened at the pre patch saw the issue and went nowhere near my guilds on Khaz’Goroth and Nagrand. Plucked up enough courage today to go and have a look and they seem unaffected. Cant say just what Ive lost as been off playing classic since its launch and rarely back in retail until tempted back by the new expansion.

5 Likes

So three personal guilds on different servers, zero items received back… and it’s “oops, our bad, thanks for waiting.”

No attempt at compensation for the massive loss? Nothing at all? Are you serious?

6 Likes

HUGE Issue with every company NOT wanting you to own anything. With an MMO, it’s kind of understandable, but in order to make it work, the people who run it are supposed to SAFEGUARD your stuff so you don’t have to worry about it. We do what we can to protect ourselves against hackers (such as using authenticaters) but what’s going to protect us from Blizzard, the very entity that’s SUPPOSED to be making sure that our stuff - everything we’ve earned, purchased, found, whatever - is safe until we get rid of it ourselves or until the servers are forever down?

With corporations being especially strong these days, I doubt we’ll ever get protection but as more and more things are “borrowed” and they make it so it’s harder to OWN things (movies, music, games) there needs to be SOME WAY to make sure that consumers can continue to access things that they are paying for. In this case ALL of the stuff we earned, bought, created, gathered. As it is, companies can do whatever they want and we seem to have no recourse.

Yeah. You read through the forums - this and the original Bug Report, and you see over and over - 16, 18, 20 years played. Makes sense as we tend to gather more stuff - more memories, more useful things, more “just in case” to sell for gold when it seems like the right time, and for me, to use to create things, to give to guildies and friends when they need it (just gave away quite a few holiday pets to fairly new guildies - thank goodness my pet bank was spared . . .) But it’s been clear that they have disdain for long-time players. We mostly want to come and play, be a part of the community. Most of us aren’t there doing RFW runs or spending $1000s on in-game stuff (like gold tokens) so I guess loyalty and years of sub money, not to mention what we bring to the community (I’m still a guide in the Newcomer channel on 2 of my toons but tbh., this incident has kind of taken the sail out of it. I can’t muster the enthusiasm so much anymore) but all that really means nothing to Blizzard. Many of us know so many iterations of the game, can remember details that many have never experienced, have seen the game at its best, whenever that was for each person.

I’d say this should be an example in any lesson in Customer Service on what NOT to do. Except, maybe most companies don’t care about customer service anymore? When businesses were customer-centric, we mattered. They are now shareholder-centric, and we are pretty much just products. I guess the streamers and whoever gets them “good” press are the mazaratis while they think of us as the broken down mopeds that’s disposable.

The articles I’ve read have really minimized this or have not explained it well. Gamerant said that our reaction was “mixed.” (which would be laughable if it wasn’t so infuriating). WoWhead made it a part of an article on various topics when it SHOULD have been major news with its own article. Have yet to go read Massively OP (wonder if it was Eliot LeFevre - he’s not been shy about being critical about WoW related stuff in the past - I did leave a comment about this issue on his “WoW Factor” article about TWW).

14 Likes

My effected guild is Brood on Uther.

You said it! over an over you revealed so much about what is going on the intentions and how they just don’t care.
I think this is MASSIVE… and blizz just says sorry your not getting your stuff back.
This is not an accident… in my opinion. Something much deeper is happening here, it is a psyop on all of us! What will you accept or not. If you are paying attention to what is happening on the border and many cities … you know what I mean!?

I can’t bring myself to take the 19 (mostly useless) items restored to my guild bank from the mail box and put them in my 7 tab guild bank that used to be full to the brim.

Is anyone facing the same dilemma?

11 Likes

So many reasons for losing interest, and this just takes the cake.
We pay for the ‘game expansions’ and then in the future expansions that all gets obliterated and changed to where you can’t play them anymore if you want to level with a new alt. And now, we have reset seasons, where gear becomes obsolete every few months? Then! now our guild banks have been robbed of masses of past expansions and items saved that were important to the players and myself. What is next? What is the next ‘sacrifice’ you expect from the players? Just asking? We pay for what is contracted but … seems we can’t depend on that? right?

1 Like

While I wouldn’t say we are a LARGE guild, my active guild has 114 accounts. True, many are inactive, but as we ARE on the smaller side, I try to keep people on the roster if they had ever been an integral part of the guild. (Probably have 20 or so active players there now, though usually not playing all at once). ANYWAY, this guild has also seen losses. Not complete, but definitely noticeable. I’m going to say at least a good 40 or 50% loss.

I mentioned in the original Bug report forum that it’s a good thing that I noticed the bug on my PERSONAL guild toon first - especially the one who got pretty much cleaned out - because that made it clear that something was VERY wrong with the game. While I trust my guildies, this sort of thing - and most likely, I’d just ask “Hey, anyone take a bunch of stuff out?” and if I didn’t know about the bug and of course, no one would admit to it because NO ONE took anything, it would leave me feeling really uneasy about my guild. With our logs NOT having worked properly for months (which I reported months ago, maybe more than once) I couldn’t have known what happened.

I’m guessing other guilds, especially with a LOT of members, probably just figured people took stuff. I can imagine SOME of them may have had drama due to this. I think many people will not have even suspected a bug and would not have gone to the bug forums.

In other words, it’s the very small / personal guild bank owners who would have noticed this immediately since they have sole (or close to it) access to the bank and may have been monitoring it more closely than people in active/larger guilds. And they are probably the ones who said “something is not right” and would have sought out the forums to see if anyone knew anything about it.

4 Likes

Not to say I haven’t been able to enjoy myself, but so much of what you wrote is where I’m starting to be, too. I’m tired of starting over every expansion. Not to mention regular power creep you have to keep up with throughout the expansion.

Maybe the game just isn’t for me anymore. Really struggle with that idea since I’ve been playing since I was a kid, and have a lot of memories that go with the game. I’m just not enjoying it as much any more, and I don’t have the free time that I used to to really sink into a grind.

It really just feels like more of a hamster wheel than anything anymore, and I’m just not really enjoying that.

2 Likes

Yes I feel like that. So, I go to the past and do some things I feel are outside of this box. I loved the Panderia Remix, I didn’t do it at first, but then got involved and had a great time, I still go back on many of my toons run the WOD to make Garrisons for all my toons just because. It’s fun. The constant run for ‘gear level’ really is getting old when it becomes obsolete after a ‘season’. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

Shame on you, Blizz…for the month-long radio silence, the lack of care shown to your players, and for somehow not having any way to restore the things we’ve all lost.

This was a major error. It deserved more attention. This response is disgraceful. I’m so disappointed.

21 Likes

I don’t do “services”. I won’t use streaing services for music or movies. For my media I either get physical media (DVD’s primarily), or I’ve just started sailing the high seas.

The only game I play that I can’t “own” (via legal means or otherwise) is WOW, because it’s just not possible to “own” an MMORPG.

4 Likes

www dot youtube dot com/watch?v=82aOsQhrK_I

“THE GREAT BLIZZARD BANK HEIST” Could have not put it better. Devs you just pulled the thing not even hakers could do in all of wow history you stole so many people china hacking services are putting you as “the people I aspire to be one day”

6 Likes

Did you guys seriously close the thread on the bug forum? Lol. Issue is unresolved, but I’ve seen you’ve taken the stance with this bug and many others that bug fixes do not require fixing the problems a bug created. That mentality is for beta and PTR; you’re dealing with live customers now and need to fix the problems your mistakes create.

7 Likes

The entire internet world is on such shaky legs, that it can collapse at any time.

Our games, videos, money, insurances… everything can just shut down, if a company takes it down or is attacked by cyber criminals.

So many people are using Steam or Xbox live, it can shut down any second, I wonder if people are even aware of that?

My saying, but for this to happen, people need to vote for politicians that are no longer calculating with an Abakus, but actually use PC´s and have a good understanding of this topic.

The clowns at the EU and NA, are just so useless if it comes to politics in the 21th century.

They have still not fixed the geoblocking issue, it´s just hillarious that people who work abroad can not even access their streaming providers that they pay for.

Ya, I also don´t like that. It´s content designed for influencers and their fans, always a new “challange” so to speak. At Diablo we could at least opt out of it, but at WOW?

If you stay behind, they just rob you of the content you may like to play, so either you move with the flow or you cripple yourself.

I felt it was much more pleasent to play WOW, when you had two years with three raids and you could work towards something and once you had it, you could at least play with it for several months, or you just did not buy the expansion and could still experience all the content.

But then Blizzard started deleting dungeons, raids, quests… they did not like it at all, that people decided to not buy the new expansion pack.

Just like streaming providers add 5 commercials to a 45 minute tv show, that after you watched season 1, just goes offline…

At first I loved the internet, now I start to hate what power it brought to companies.

3 Likes

Still waiting on a single thing from the items that i’ve lost in the gbank worth millions (100m+). I’m a gold making enjoyer so if blizzard has no way to return the items iv had been collecting since 2006, i’ll be officially done with this game.

11 Likes

Oh I don’t believe for one second that they can’t restore the items, they just determined that the work to do so properly was way more than they are willing to put in. It’ll be cheaper in the long run to take their chances and see how many players actually un-subscribe. They don’t care one single bit about us, they only care about their KPIs.

6 Likes

The huge thread in bug report forum is now locked. I just wanted to say again how absolutely maddening, saddening, and disappointing it is that this cannot be fixed. I had 2 tabs of pets and 3 of transmog items, and another of just random things I was holding onto completely lost. As it seems only some reagents are being returned, I will never see these things again. I’ve been playing since OG beta and have always had a lot of faith in Blizzard to get things right, like when my account was hacked and my bank wiped out–it was remedied within hours of reporting it. After playing on and off again throughout BfA and SL, I had really fallen back in love with WoW with DF and all of the alt-friendly changes in TWW have me trying to convince old friends to come back. This just leaves a real sour taste in all of the good.

7 Likes

10,000s of items go missing for our guild banks and the only things restored were a couple of darkmoon quest items. No ore, cloth, pets, mounts, etc…

With the huge data loss is anything really safe?

5 Likes