Guild Bank Missing Items Update

I saw that, too. She’d posted in the Bug Forum thread about two weeks ago - it was the pink mageweave shirts that I remembered.

I wonder if she’s checking in things here still.

7 Likes

You worked through nothing. You lost millions upon millions of gold worth of items for a massive amount of players. You betrayed our trust with your ineptitude. It’s embarrassing and you should be ashamed.

11 Likes

HOLY MOLY! Thank you, Vael, for all you have done in the original Bug Report forum and here. I gotta say, you’re going out of your way to do MORE FOR US than Blizzard even wants to think about. Whether anything comes of it or not, I appreciate the time and effort!!

17 Likes

No thanks are necessary, but I really do appreciate the recognition. <3

Just keep in mind, everyone, that I’m not saying to forward it to your guildmates, friends, or other interested parties that may or may not be affected… :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

12 Likes

I remember being told in University (and pretty much every class about computers/software since) that there are two kinds of people: those who have experienced hard drive failure, and those who will.

The next bug could affect you. This is why everyone should be concerned about this issue.

7 Likes

Please know that your efforts are appreciated.

I am not affected by this issue (another, unaddressed issue), but the lack of communication and destruction of trust is universal.

1 Like

It also should be noted that these are the ones we KNOW ABOUT through the forum posts. There are people in my discord server who have had this issue, and I know one of them actively avoids the forums at all costs, due to the toxic nature of some of it. I am sure he is not alone in people who don’t frequent these forums, but also may suffer this same problem.

13 Likes

Wow, thank you for posting this.

This is not complete as it doesn’t include all the guild banks for those who didn’t make a post in that thread - like myself.

I have four banks: my main one is gutted, two I’m not sure what is missing but there does seem to be a lot of extra space, and the last is one I rarely use and I only kept gear for selling in it, so it might be untouched.

5 Likes

I’ll start an addendum, then, and include you in that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m an early access player and I had 3 of my 4 guilds robbed blind. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

You can change LillyLilly to 4 guilds. :sob:

4 Likes

Exactly. This is supposed to be our fantasy world to get away from work and other stresses. But reality hits us hard because Blizzard has been part of bigger and bigger corporations, and I think every time it gets bigger, it gets worse - more savage layoffs, worse customer service and of course, their (possible) preferential treatment of “celebrity” players (big streamers, content creators, third-party sites, well-known RWF guilds) over even some of their most loyal and long time players. Well, they’ve never really respected long-time players anyway. I’ve felt that for awhile.

I still enjoy playing with friends, I absolutely LOVE my guild, but I’m just not enthusiastic about DOING things. I do the rote things - world quests and whatnot - but I just don’t feel the excitement for the game anymore.

14 Likes

Influencers, yes. Early access people (incl. me, though I mostly did it for the goodies) were certainly NOT exempt from this bug nor the awful treatment from Blizzard. In fact, I spent half of my early access tabbing out to check the original Bug Report forum since I was so preoccupied by the guild bank issue. I would have LOVED to have gotten a head start in leveling my professions while filling our guild vault with new food and low-quality enchants for my guildies. I would have loved to have actually ENJOYED not only early access but the start of a new expansion, which is usually a pretty exciting time.

I am incensed that a few high-profile players actually get treated like real customers, but everyone else did not. Look, I get they might get some GOODIES or extra access (like tour of Blizzard campus), but that shouldn’t be that they are the ONLY ones getting actual CUSTOMER SERVICE while we get trolled by Blizzard who’s trying VERY HARD to prove how little they appreciate us.

7 Likes

Hey BlizzBroski’s

You stated in your ‘update’ (over a month late) that…

Due to how some of the data was lost, we’ve reached a point where the result will be an incomplete restoration for some guilds, and we do not have a way to restore the remaining missing items for them.

What about a “completely, incomplete restoration” ? As in - no mail received. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Also, a 20yr old guild is not “some guild” as you apathetically worded it.

Do better!

Put more effort in. Again - we ALL SEE OUR BANK LOGS, which means you do too. Give us what we see, TO START.

Slow down with content updates, fix your core… Your 20year old, foundation.

I cancelled my sub yesterday over this - March 2025 I’m out. Give me reason to resub before then…

Taking my earned history, with nil compensation even up for debate and horrendous communication this whole time = a failure you need to learn from. None of us believe the data was lost. We believe it’s the effort needed to do us right, versus what you assume will be the true fallout (unsubs).

Certainly wasn’t the pandering news websites getting this out there… getting OUR voices heard (shame on you Wowhead and the like)…

Do better. At least, do MORE.

Addendum: Let’s rephrase this, from a consumer standpoint - you think Blizz would accept this? Why do they think we should then…

Due to how some of my money was spent, I’ve reached a point where the result will be an incomplete payment for your subscription cost, and I do not have a way to restore the remaining balance in my account for that cost.

Doubt an incomplete payment is allowed… We held up our end. Or we’re denied a service. Why is it, you’re allowed to fail on your end, but still expect payment from us?

Yeah. Y’all need to do WAY BETTER. You have the talent - or you don’t make it to 20yrs. Task that talent accordingly.

Unanimously, all things 11.* have been the buggiest since launch.

SLOW. DOWN.

We suffered. And we keep WoW healthy. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you… again. And again.

19 Likes

Ben Stiller!

2 Likes

Woah! And that’s just US forums and those who chose to make a comment.

To date, I’ve received nothing for restoration. I cancelled my supscription after this announcement was made and cited the poor handling of the whole issue. It ends in November.

My thoughts echo much of what other long-term players have posted before me.
Poor communication, feeling undervalued, growing mistrust, waning enthusiasm and missing stuff; it’s like a bad break up story.

10 Likes

Honestly, if Blizzard is concerned about auditing what was lost versus what was there so they don’t add or lose any more than we had, I’d 100% be fine with just having my three affected guild banks rolled back to how they were on August 14 and sacrifice anything I’ve deposited since that date.

6 Likes

My thoughts exactly. I was already unhappy with the do-it-now-or-not-at-all FOMO content, but this bug and being treated like dirt just makes this ‘game’ unpleasant accross the board. I feel stupid for paying to be upset.

13 Likes

Such a crok! Don’t believe the ‘apology’. Sorry this is just a ridiculous scummy behavior on your part … I don’t even trust this was not intentional. What lies now told.

6 Likes

Nope! Nope! Don’t accept this.

1 Like