Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Wait. Do you work for US Blizzard Customer service?

7 Likes

No Iā€™d probably lose my mind having to deal with customers lmao

4 Likes

Not complete without someone thinking a company can never make mistakes and have to always be absolutely perfect.

Quiver and me actively make posts criticizing blizzard consistently.

However, when they outright tell you they did everything they could and you chastise them for that, youā€™re the one in the wrong.

1 Like

This. The covenant has been broken between Blizzard and their customers.

The people who knew not to break that covenant seem to no longer be working there.

14 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I think it deserves chastising when the most that can be done is very little, when it shouldnā€™t have to be. There should be snapshots and logs kept of these things, and the fact that there isnā€™t reliable of either of those is very alarming. If anything it needs to be a wake up call that more data needs to be kept on their end in case something catastrophic happens again.

7 Likes

In the HISTORY of this 20 year game nothing remotely close to this has EVER happened. And the fact that they arenā€™t even offering some kind of compensation as a good will gesture is just a punch in the face. They quality of the game has been diminishing at rapid rate for quite a few years now and this is showing how bad it is. Despite having ā€œmore staff than everā€ they keep making worse and worse problems.

7 Likes

Again I just do not believe that there are not logs of all activities that mutate items in the world, right down to the individual item, its owner, etc. Of all the things to log, this is the most important one second only to authentication.

The first thing you do when you discover a problem that is going to involve deep log diving is to make a copy of the relevant logs so that they arenā€™t expired out while you still need them.

3 Likes

It worries me immensely that the thing that breaks yā€™alls trust in the company is some digital items going missing.

And not the dozen or so real life controversies including data leaks and privacy violations the company has had occur.

But you do you, I guess? Lol.

1 Like

You should stop digging.

Only a fool pays a corporation for a service/product that does not work.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know why this surprises people. They managed to push a prepatch build that just forgot to include shaman and paladin talent updates, and then pretended they meant to do that. Clearly, rushing War Within is having an impact on their operations standards.

6 Likes

Please point out where they admitted they didnā€™t do that.

Please. Iā€™ll wait.

Muting the thread. Yā€™all just wanna complain to complain lol.

I definitely agree ā€¦ my overall take on this is that the hard delivery date promised earlier in the year just didnā€™t include time needed to actually do the work.

4 Likes

Are you lacking that much of a brain? You realize what the precedent being set by this is right? If they canā€™t even find data from under a month ago whoā€™s to say other aspects of our accounts are safe? Whoā€™s to say that someone canā€™t just easily get into our account data and steal information like our credit card information? You need to wake up and stop defending this because it sets a HORRIBLE reputation for what could happen.

7 Likes

This is literally the place to air grievances about this kind of thing. Expecting people not to complain when hundreds of people have had potentially years of collecting wiped from existence with no hopes of recovery is just crazy.

11 Likes

Muting the thread. Yā€™all just wanna complain to complain lol.

I meanā€¦ yes? I just lost 8 guild bank tabs full of items Iā€™ve been collecting for years. And Blizzard said ā€œSorry canā€™t do anything, heres a stack of runeclothā€

I feel like a good old fashioned community complaining is warranted.

14 Likes

Blizz be like

https://youtu.be/SiL2AjOtjZI

1 Like

If your Black Qiraji Battle Tank goes away, you send in a ticket, and Blizzard responds, ā€œIā€™m sorry we have no record of it and it will not be restored,ā€ thatā€™s fine, right?

Literally all WoW is, is your stuff. The only way that there is any evidence that you ever played the game is your stuff. People run raids to get stuff. People farm to get stuff. People do things for 1000s of hours to get stuff. Stuff is everything.

13 Likes

This is NOT what we are seeing. Many of those items being bricked, since they BOP to the person opening the mail and others are chargeless. Also, they seem to think ā€˜someā€™ means majority. Because the majority is not what is being returned.

9 Likes

Thereā€™s a difference between ā€œWe did what we could for half the stuff missing from your 8 tabsā€ and ā€œhereā€™s 40 healing potions.ā€

Or, in the case of my personal guild bankā€¦ ā€œWe did what we could for an entire tab of missing unobtainable items and transmogsā€¦ hereā€™s nothing.ā€

Nothing, Maizou.

Nothing.

And for the guild?

40 healing potions. Not the expensive rare mounts and transmogs we picked up for event rewardsā€¦ healing potions.

Look, I get it. Logs canā€™t stay forever. But this is justā€¦ demoralizing.

And thereā€™s nothing they can do about it either. They canā€™t give us gold for that. It injects too much into the economy. They canā€™t get the items back. What else is there? Nothing.

So I just canā€™t trust Blizz now. I understand that this was a huge major change to Stacks. But even Old Republic didnā€™t screw up their stuff this much when they implemented Legacy banks, new guild stuff, consolidated servers and account wide bottomless mats storage.

13 Likes