Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Anyone else need any more convincing they just don’t care about the players? Every single move in the last 3 weeks has been to screw players over. Why? Because they released War Within ONE DAY before Q3 earnings report was due. They already milked the players with lies and Q4 will just be more lies about what the anniversary is going to be. TWW is gonna be worse than Shadowlands, BUCKLE UP EVERYONE!

6 Likes

I lost years worth of items earlier this year, and their team said restoration would not be possible. They didn’t care at all about all of the work I put into farming that stuff or how much gold I was just robbed of. Some of the items were worth 100k gold or more. They simply see situations like this as not their problem, whoopsie!

9 Likes

Oh so we’re out of luck then?

When will we know when this “restoration” has been fully completed so I can perhaps start using my Guild Banks again?

Going to be interesting to see exactly what I lost, permanently.

As much as I appreciate this communication and that some items will be restored, I am beyond floored that some items that we had stored could be lost forever through no fault of ours.

17 Likes

Kinda feels like a way to string people along.

Like, they’re announcing incomplete restorations now; they know it’s going to be bad.

Calling it now: the number of items not able to be restored is much higher than let on.

4 Likes

Sucks that we won’t get everything restored.

4 Likes

The issue was resolved. You don’t have to wait to use the guild bank.

The items will be sent to the current guild leader.

4 Likes

I hope I get my gray items back. :frowning: :heart:

3 Likes

It’s concerning this is even possible. If items can just go missing, it makes me wonder about other types of data loss in the future.

27 Likes

Warband bank is also flawed. Many people like me lost millions of gold due to a failed attempt to withdraw gold from our Warband Banks. Please everyone have a look at the support forum and WoW subreddit to read and share our stories.

Solving the guild bank issue is big step in the right direction, hopefully I will see my warband gold again.

8 Likes

This is a total gutpunch to collectors. One of the mainstays of this game has been that Blizzard is usually very, very, very good about things staying in your account permanently once you’ve obtained them. Now it seriously calls into question whether it’s worth going forward with any sort of collecting in this game if we’ve gotten to the point where their testing processes are so bad that they’re fine with people permanently losing things.

23 Likes

Stability is king.

It’s gotten to the point where stability is no longer even expected from Blizzard.

6 Likes

I’m echoing others here, that anything other than a complete restoration is pretty unacceptable. While I do trust that the team did in fact do everything they could to find a resolution, how can we, as customers, trust that this won’t happen again? We now have a precedent that the things we work hard for are not “safe”, plain and simple. I don’t see how there aren’t tests/quality assurance/back ups, etc?

21 Likes

Forgive me if my confidence is severely lacking. We’ve now gotten to the point that anything can go missing from anywhere and Blizzard will just be like “oops, sorry” and not fix or compensate anyone. This is not what anyone would expect from a AAA developer now owned by Microsoft one of the most known companies in the world.

23 Likes

Wouldn’t there have been a log of us putting the stuff in there, though? Maybe tha’s the stuff that was erased.

I was wondering what they meant when they said they could see our ‘items are there, we’re just not seeing them.’ - Maybe I got that out of context? I was so hoping they could see them!

3 Likes

I am anxious to see what I get back in my impacted guild bank. I’m the only one with access. Did not add or remove ANY items whatsoever after the issue began. If I don’t get back everything / the majority of items then it really doesn’t bode well…

5 Likes

As others have said, the problem is less the time it took to get a resolution but rather the lack of any clear communication in the meantime while it was investigated. Why do I need to search on the EU forums for a blue response? I shouldn’t have to track down this information when there are numerous posts without any blue responses. I know the community managers are limited in what they can give us information wise during investigations, but what an absolute complete failure on the part of the devs to communicate the process with us. So utterly disappointed as a longtime player.

15 Likes

It honestly has to be worse than they’re letting on for how much of the “data was lost”.

There is no world where the people who have items that won’t be restored will be able to trust Blizzard’s services ever again without something drastic.

This whole thing is a reminder that we paid a fair chunk of money for this experience, as well as a subscription fee.

6 Likes

Linxy, I’m not here to shoot the messenger, but… does anyone at Blizzard understand how totally unacceptable this is? Data loss in a 20 year old MMO is not an “oops, sorry guys” kind of situation.

Don’t you keep snapshots of inventory that are periodically backed up? Can’t you go in and make sure the guild banks have a minimum number of whatever was missing at the time of the bug? Isn’t there any attempt at compensation?

I’m not even impacted by this issue because I don’t use a guild bank. BUT I’m definitely thinking about what if this were my inventory, my reputation track, my achievement, my character…

This event will erode confidence in your product. People are attached to what they have in this game, and so far Blizzard has been a good steward of our accounts. Now we’re left to wonder.

34 Likes

Um, doesn’t each Guild tab have a LOG where you can check what’s deposited?

I literally have some T3 BOE in there I’ve been holding onto to sell.

I have a spectral tiger pet I’ve been waiting to sell in there.

I have a Wooly Rhino TCG mount to sell.

It’s not just mats.

My god I hope I get my stuff back.

22 Likes

I got nothing in terms of crests. And nothing at the end of Zekvir ?. The solution was “kill it again” LOL. The game is a joke.