Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Key difference here though is wow is probably at least a decade away from having to worry about shutting down. That means Blizzard itself is deleting player items, progress, and even items they paid for. The losses may have been accidental, but choosing not to restore them or compensate players at all is intentional. Which is just insane, since most online games will bend over backwards to make things right with players for even the slightest hiccup in player data loss.

Good example would be Dragon Nest, that experienced such huge data loss that some players lost up to 2 years of progress. The dev response was so overwhelming actually they completely overcompensated the issue and gave people max level characters with BiS gear and free gold, essentially tanking the economy.

Nobody here is really demanding millions of gold though or mythic ilvl gear or a pile of freebies. We just want our stuff back. We worked hard for it, we earned it, and we stored it for safekeeping. Blizzard is 100% responsible for losing the items, and at least morally responsible to restore them and to fix what they broke. Nothing more, nothing less.

14 Likes

I’ve begun to wonder if maybe they don’t know who was affected by the guild bank deletion. Like maybe the reason some of us didn’t get anything returned is because they can’t verify it was us. :frowning:

edit: like i’ve always had a 7 tab guild that I transferred to another server for no reason. lol ><“” ?

A Rumble player was telling me that they experienced some kind of bug or bad-something and got a lot of some kind of in-game currency; so it’s possible. :frowning:

Yea, check that TOS, Blizzard has zero liability because they own everything, we just pay for access to all the things unfortunately.

Many have received something in the mail, not much worthy of being called a restoration, but that was “communication”.

I haven’t received anything and the only communication on the US has been this post. It would be great for Blizzard to let those of us that have heard nothing, if this is over and to expect nothing.

Communication is all we can ask for, and we aren’t getting anything but silence.

1 Like

No, it isn’t. According to what they said above, that data is gone.

I am demanding they make my toon OP for the rest of this xpac!
That is my compensation requirement.
:joy: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

We’re not likely to find out unless they outright say so, unfortunately. As it stands, the few restorations that were happening weren’t without their own bugs and problems. Duped items, soulbound items, etc.

They had about a week or so of connection issues and compensated everyone with 500 coins iirc. I haven’t played much since then to know about any of the bugs people were hit with, but I can say there’s a lot of frustrating things going on there, too. People paying for packs that give nothing, and getting the run around for upwards of six months to get a refund.

3 Likes

Not really much to say other than what has already been posted.
I have like 3 days left and yes of my 9 guild banks wiped, same as everyone else who took the time to post.

Now on the other hand I am one who bought a token to buy mats and 2 days later it is all gone. Seems like a ponzi to me.

Regardless, I used to think of Blizz as one of the good ones compared to the practices of other companies. Not sure if I should post and take a perma ban but compared to companies like U, E, and P… they have horrible practices.

Idk, if I had the power to indemnify everyone of you I would. I have one token left and that will be it for me.

Blizz I now rate you with company U,E,P. I know you know who I referencing.

I wish you all well in this heist.

6 Likes

Also btw…

Vekkalis says: Well that’s silly. Banking is fun!

It is not anymore

4 Likes

They said no such thing and you know that you absolute troll.

4 Likes

Emphasis mine.

2 Likes

Emphasis on all of us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well that was easily proven wrong. What is it with some of you and all the childish insults? Its unnecessary.

Emphasis mine

Which implies how the data is lost is important, not that ALL DATA IS DELETED WE DON’T KEEP BACKUPS. They can restore an item you vendored 6 months ago, or a character you deleted 6 years ago, because that delete is logged and can be easily undone. This delete wasn’t itself logged, so they’d have to trawl through backups and snapshots just to tell items are no longer there that were before.

At no point has any Blizzard employee said the backups were gone or not kept or corrupted or stored on bobby’s yacht. So stop with the trolling by creating false narratives to stir the pot.

Absolute troll.

7 Likes

If you want to ignore that they said the data was lost, and demand that they come up with a way to restore things, you’re welcome to. You’ll be disappointed, but you’re welcome to that. Pointing out when you are wrong isn’t trolling though.

1 Like

Why are you even here? Do you honestly have nothing better to do than troll a video game forum? We can see your post history, we can see you only troll, we can see you mostly troll here. Its kind of sad you find so much entertainment putting down others instead of actually playing the game.

9 Likes

Why are you so rude to people? Its completely unnecessary. You are not making yourself look good with your behavior.

The quote is what it is. The data was lost. You can make up false narratives all you want. It wont change anything.

2 Likes

While unfortunate, that’s not what a ponzi scheme is.

it’s pretty hard to earn yourself a perma ban. You certainly won’t get one for simply sharing a negative opinion/experience.

I think this is the only way to actually get the point across.

3 Likes

After having re-read the EULA (end-user license agreement) and the TOS (terms of service) sometime last week, it became apparent to me that Blizzard is not obliged to compensate us. As such, I don’t believe any legal action would result in anything useful to those of us who have lost our digital goods.

My ongoing goal here is to get our stuff back. Barring that, we all deserve a detailed explanation of why they “cannot” restore things. My argument is that they can restore things, but they are choosing not to do so, as it would cost them too much in terms of people working on that instead of their regular jobs – which boils down to money.

While Blizzard is not obliged to compensate us, there’s a difference between an obligation and doing the right thing.

Part of what continues to flabbergast me is that Blizzard seems set on doing precisely the wrong thing for their customers.

27 Likes

1,000% agreed!!! Edit: Unfortunately the concept of customer service and doing the next right thing has gone out the window for most companies nowadays.

7 Likes