Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Is there an eta for when we may see some of stuff again? I check everyday and so far nothing.

5 Likes

At this point, Iā€™m thinking the ETA is going to be ā€œneverā€.

PLEASE prove me wrong.

12 Likes

That is what I am afraid of. I had a boatload of crafting mats for all professions plus quest and rep items.

I suppose at least they restored the gold.

4 Likes

I keep realizing how lucky I was. I only lost some generic Cataclysm and MOP mats, like spirits of harmony, volatile earth/water/air/fire/life, and a few Dragonflight essences, all of which are very common. Iā€™ve almost rebuilt my stockpile just levelling an Earthen.

3 Likes

My personal theory is that itā€™s a mix of both.  They lost data and whatever is left is too troublesome from a cost/benefit analysis perspective.  Naturally I have no way to prove this, but the onus at this point is for Blizzard to disprove it because Iā€™m tired of giving the benefit of the doubt.

On a different note: Duraace, I donā€™t know if youā€™ll read this but Iā€™ve read your post over at EU General Discussion and wish I could like it.  :saluting_face:

10 Likes

Passed that along for ya :wink:

3 Likes

Oddly enough, those are what I didnā€™t lose any of.

(Edit: Nice. Inactive acct but I can still post, at least here. Hey again, yaā€™all.)

10 Likes

If you go by the post from when they closed the EU thread, there is nothing else happening. At least that is what Iā€™m choosing to believe. Theyā€™ve washed their hands of it.

4 Likes

Are there any updates? Or is WOW simply sweeping this under the rug? ā€¦ nothing had happened, absolutely nothing.

7 Likes

Disgraceful

5 Likes

I think that post youā€™re talking about is word for word the same post Vrak made in the customer support section while closing a thread there, and a week after he made it too. Copy/pasting is a customer support (and GM) move to quickly dismiss something they canā€™t and/or donā€™t want to help with. And to be fair the ball is entirely in the devā€™s court here, and we have absolutely no way to communicate with them (nor does customer service apparently).

6 Likes

Another day, no mails.

7 Likes

Not sure how losing so many subscribers could have a positive cost analysis outcome. There are thousands of guilds affected andā€¦

Well, guess your point is valid, based on activities of 2020 style corporations. There is virtually no value in customers. WOW will just raise the sub fees for those left behind, fire a couple hundred staff and ride the marketā€¦
That was pretty pathetic of me appealing to old fashioned ā€œcustomer serviceā€ by todays standards. Boy, is that a slap in the face.

12 Likes

Me too. I unsubscribed 2 weeks ago afyer 20 years, 11_7tab guild banks emptied by wow.
Sadly this is USA business profile. The 1990ā€™s corporations still cared about customers. Then corporate raiders became successful, stock manipulation, and poof, customers are not relevant. Global market is huge. Pleading to this thoughtless company will yield nothing. So, as I was told in the beginning, ā€œItā€™s just a game. Who cares. Buy it on AH again.ā€

I donā€™t like their game. There are foreign games who still care about customers.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing Polymorph Foundation. Atleast it keeps my mind busy. Not the same as Wow, ofcourse. There is a new one by the original wow developerā€™sā€¦Notorious Developerā€™sā€¦ canā€™t remember name something and sorcerersā€¦

3 Likes

I feel like I have to point out, that one time FFXIV did emergency maintenance and took the servers down to fix a mob that was evade buggingā€¦

4 Likes

They donā€™t have time to update us on their losing our bank inventory but the latest news post says they have time to play partisan politics in the game, yayyyy team vote orc.

2 Likes

Huh? I had assumed that was just a streamer-generated ā€œeventā€ rather than a Blizzard-ordained one, I didnā€™t pay much attention to it

I assume itā€™s going to be heavily trolled and ridiculed given the ā€œthemeā€ of the event. It would be pretty cringe if Blizzard actually hosted something like that though :rofl:

2 Likes

MSFT/Blizz has made a very deliberate decision to ignore and dismiss loyal customers without concern for retention. It should be very clear that this game is now sold ā€œAS ISā€ with a much lower bar for quality.

Mistakes happen (and can be forgiven), but poor customer service is 100% their choice.

I will be here for the remainder of my active sub. This will forever be the point at which they lost all credibility for me. Any new features will be met with mistrust and skepticism. Anything being changed or updated will be assumed to be substandard and broken. All bugs in game will be considered to be the new production norm.

AGAIN: Mistakes happen (and can be forgiven), but poor customer service is 100% their choice.

21 Likes

I would leave that one alone, mate. They are one of three trolls in this thread and they do so under the guise of being on everyone elseā€™s side. I put that one on ignore a while ago and highly recommend you do the same.