Guild Bank locking up character - can't even log out properly

This has happened on 2 toons so far - if I try to interact with the guild bank it messes everything up. I can’t put stuff in the guild bank, but then the character gets “stuck”. I can walk and use guild chat, but I can’t mount up, or do any other actions. When I try to log out it won’t log out. Alt F4 closes the application, but when I try to log back in I get "that character already exists’ and can’t log in.

ETA: Logging into forums to post this sent an authenticator request which kicked out the first locked toons so I could log back in. Didn’t work to just close down Wow and log back in though. Maybe a timing coincidence, but maybe not?

2nd Edit: I’m the GuildMaster of this guild, maybe part of it? One of my guildies tried to use the gbank and couldn’t open it at all.

14 Likes

Same thing is happening to me. My system just updated TWICE within an hour, and now I’m getting this garbage. 07MAY24

2 Likes

Ditto. Can’t perform any gbank funtions and can’t close the game normally or log out.

3 Likes

Agreed. It was quite odd, logging into a different character, going to the guild bank, and then seeing myself still logged in standing there. Come on blizzard FIX THE GAME!!!

Between this and the “your friend is not on the same version of the game” issue, this last patch was not released with any quality control. I’ve never seen the game this bad before.

4 Likes

This happened to my character tonight. Now, after rebooting my computer and logging in an hour or two later it won’t let me log in, telling me there’s another character by that name already on the server.

1 Like

Yes my friend has this problem and he is the GM as well, He has 2 toons stuck at the guildbank. The game locked up the moment he tried to deposit a stack of cloth and it would not let him log out.
The only thing that might be different is he was on an Apple mini M2 , not a windows machine and we thought it might be a mac issue.

1 Like

Hi! This has also been happening for me (sorry originally posted this on my alt char but decided to swap to the char it actually happened on, hence the deleted post above this)

I used the character unstuck service the first time thinking it was just an accident but after going back online and using guild bank to get mats, I realised i got stuck again and that the problem must have originated from there. Unfortunately, there is a cooldown period of 4h before you can use the same service again. However, what worked for me was to complete log out of battle.net and log back in.

It’s been around 6 hours since and I figured maybe it was fixed already and tried using the guild bank again…and nope, got stuck again xd

I am not GM but have assistant GM role.

EDIT: Something else that worked on my 3rd time getting stuck was just letting the game disconnect my character after around 10min? Reconnecting after that let me log on to my character just fine :slight_smile:

its not just the guild bank messed up ive seen several times since this patch went live today several toon on 1 account in my guild showing online at the same time yet the player went offline cause real id still works correctly this has happened on several different players accounts some didnt show offline for several hours after then really did go offline

I have one character that locks up each time I try to put something into, or take out of, the guild bank. She can also summon her mount, but then not fly. Have to ‘Force Quit’ from the game, then wait a while before getting back onto that character, and can do other stuff until I try the bank again. Very inconvenient. This character is not the guild master, though one of my others is.

Also experiencing this problem on Proudmore. I was in the middle of a guild bank cleanout before the patch hit and my bags are stuffed with stuff that needs to go back in. Please fix. :roll_eyes:

Having same problem as well. It some what fixed after using the character stuck option in support. Went to try to get back into the guild bank and same thing. I can summon a mount but can not fly or hearth or anything. It kinda stinks :frowning:

1 Like

I now have two characters stuck in Zuldazar because I tried to use the guild bank yesterday (7 MAY) after downloading update. I can move, but no buttons work. After getting a form reply from WoW (I had already done everything they suggested), I logged into another character, took them to Zuldazar, tried the same thing…no problem. Not sure what I should do to free my two characters from captivity.

So has Blizzard done anything to acknowledge they screwed up?

I’m thinking of may be worth taking the nuclear option, completely uninstall the game from my computer and download it fresh. None of the common simple checks work.

Just posting to say I have the same issue. Can’t put anything in the bank, and opening it up just makes it where I can’t do any action. Have to force close the game, etc. etc.

/Sigh. Patch days, am I right? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have the same problem on my bank alt. I can’t interact with anything after the guildbank. I’ve tried talking to stormwind guards, nothing pops up, I tried going to the tram to go to Ironforge but the portal doesn’t do anything, and I’ve run her to Goldshire, but there’s no one there, no NPCs, no PCs, no mailboxes. It’s as if she’s lagged out or something.

I uninstalled and reinstalled twice…still has the problem.

1 Like

When are they going to fix this issue with the guild bank,. I can’t take anything out or put anything in. Can’t log out without closing the game window. one toon keeps getting the message " Character by that name already exists" Wolfsone

1 Like

Yep same. Can’t access Guild bank. Sometimes after that, then can’t access normal bank. Then can’t log out. Have to force quit. Then can’t log back that character for a while. Try another. Same thing.
Funny thing is the main GM sometimes tries to click on the guild bank and gets the error “you are not in a guild”. lol. Rinse repeat on various characters. Can’t do certain quests / create items,…as everything is in the Alt guild bank. That can’t access. Not even a reply from Blizzard. “Sorry we broke this, we’re looking into it”. Hmmm.

I’m having the same problem on one character after trying to access the guild bank. The character is a guild master. After having to close the game in order to ‘log out’, the affected character continues to show as online in the guild roster even after logging in on a different character. The character remains ‘online’ for many hours.

I did notice that if I left-click and drag/drop an item from my inventory into the guild bank, the item will move, but only if it’s placed in an empty guild bank slot. If I right-click to try to auto-deposit, or if I left-click but drag/drop the item onto an existing item, the item does not move, and the character enters the bugged, locked-out state.

Edit: As Mordane notes, sometimes the character is unable to open the guild bank at all, receiving an error that it is not in a guild.

I was having the same guild bank and logging issues. Opened WoW game settings in Battlenet and selected scan and repair. This fixed the issue for me.