Guild bank bug

Opening guild bank in Valdrakken bugs out cant deposit or withdrawl and then your character cannot cast any spells use hearthstone mount etc and you have to quit the game and deal with double names stopping you form logging in

12 Likes

Different guild bank issue: . Lichiana on Kil’jaeden click guild bank in valdrakken and get ‘you are not in a guild’ error. I had my guild window open!

8 Likes

I am having the same issue for the bank, both guild and personal, as well as mail. The main on my server (Ysera) seems to be doing ok, but all the other toons have the same issue… and once attempting to access the bank, etc. they can’t get on a mount, and the graphics for new areas are frozen (e.g. going from the Aldor bank into the central area of Shattrah, I can see the other players but the other stuff - NPCs, portals, etc. don’t load).

I have done the following with no success:

Repair from the tool next to the “play” button on the Blizzard window.
Repair the blizzard app itself.
Upload a new video driver just to be sure it isn’t my computer.
Restart my computer.

I’m very certain it isn’t on my end.

1 Like

Oh, and it is all bank locations, and mail locations, not just Valdraxxen.

Update:

If you are trying to use your guild vault, and you wait about 5 minutes after everything freezes, you can use your mounts and see the graphics, etc. However, the guild vault is definitely frozen, and whatever is freezing it is interfering with everything else.

Update: as of 8:15 pm Mountain Time, on Ysera, my toons can access and deposit, but still not withdraw. The freezing of casting/loading seems to not be happening. Whomever is working on this… thank you for your continued and timely efforts! I hope the withdraw function becomes operational soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

All guild bank locations are having this issue.

4 Likes

Same problem here.

1 Like

Same problem for me, i need this fix to continue playing.

2 Likes

Also this - im in a guild but when i try to open the bank it wont let me and says im not

1 Like

I am having the same issue when trying to access the guild vault, regardless of which city I try to access it from. (I am the GM of my guild)
I have disabled all my addons, logged out and back in. Completely closed out of WoW, closed the launcher. Relaunched the launcher, logged back into WoW, no change.

3 Likes

I keep getting, “you’re not in a guild”, when I am the GM of the very guild I most definitely am in. When I first got the “you’re not in a guild” message, I almost had a heart attack because ALL of my gold is in said guild bank. I immediately ran here to see if anyone else is getting it.

While I am relieved to see others are getting this (and my gold is relatively safe), I’m also mega annoyed at how many bugs are popping up ALL over the place in ALL versions of your games. Please hire more people to focus on each iteration of your games. It’s getting a bit redonkulous.

3 Likes

I am also having this issue. I tried different cities and it still occurs.

1 Like

so this happened to me too, on 3 of my characters so far. and my husband didn’t take the personal tabard quest, and was able to access the gbank. i made him take the quest, and now he’s also broken!

Edit to say: i completed the quest on my paladin. i only accepted the quest on my alts so far and just accepting the quest breaks my ability to use the gbank, but abandoning it doesn’t undo what breaks it.

Edit x2: after logging out for a while, i was able to access the gbank again on the character that abandoned the quest

Edit x3: Now it doesn’t seem to matter if my alts have the quest or not, they’re just all unable to access the guild bank

1 Like

Can confirm this bug started happening to me as soon as I accepted the quest “Identity Crisis” for the new personal tabard

As if this needs to get even more screwy …

Druid spend 5 minutes trying to get into Guild Bank and no luck. Tried another character in same guild and no problems, Bank worked as usual. Druid came back and tried again and Bank worked fine this time.

None of my characters have done “Identity Crisis” BTW.

Fixed it.

Exit game completely, open the file that hold the game. Rename the WTF, Cache, and Interface files to WTFOLD, CacheOLD, and InterfaceOLD. If you have done this in the past, as
I have, rename the files to WTFOLD2, CacheOLD2, and InterfaceOLD2.

It took me a bit to discover the problems as they appeared in the past, I’ve been playing for
18 years and this works for me.

i tried this and it didn’t work for me. but on my characters that have not taken the “Identity Crisis” quest they’re able to access the gbank. My paladin, who completed the quest, is still unable to access the gbank :confused:

The one in Stormwind has worked fine for me (I haven’t tested other cities yet). I’ve only had an issue in Valdrakken so far though.

I cannot currently access the guild bank either through the bank in Valdrakkan or via Mobile Banking - I am the guild leader.

After reloading I can now see guild bank and change which tab is visible, but cannot interact with items in the bank (move, add, remove).

Based on other comments in this thread - I have also tested the bank in Stormwind - no joy.

I have also completed the “Identity Crisis” quest chain on this character.

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue, also the guild leader. I will also add that i can not adjust the guild roster (change ranks, add notes or message of the day). My personal bank is working fine (so far) and i am not having any other issues related to mounts, glitches or freezing .

That’s the first bank I tried after Valdrakken and still had issues.