Guide to Shadowlands?

I left during BfA and returned for Dragonflight, and in looking at the battle pets available in Shadowlands, I’ve decided that some are worth collecting, and I’d like them.

The problem is, I’m having trouble navigating Shadowlands. I’ve gone through most of Bastion, but I can’t seem to unlock any of the quests in the other areas. Is there a guide somewhere that will help me get through this?

Wowhead. /t

You must complete the full story. Bastion has 7 chapters (I think) and in order to be directed back to Oribos to get to other zones, you need to complete all of Bastion first.

Okay, I thought I did. I know that there was a dungeon I kept getting directed to. Basically, it’s about getting past a collector of customs. I hope that’s not mandatory, since there’s no way I could find a group for that now.

Yeah, the dungeon quests shouldn’t be required to move to the next zone.

There aren’t any dungeon quests that are required to move through the story. The level requirements can be a bit opaque with it being added into Chromie Time. So, if you’re leveling a character through the content, it may be worth checking Wowhead for any comments on the quest you don’t seem to be getting to see if anyone found a level block.

As for finding out what your next quest should be, I find the wowpedia zone storyline pages are useful to get an overview of the questing threads. Wowhead has a couple of useful tools as well. Their quest completion tracker will give you a quick look at what quests you’ve done/not done in a zone and if you’ve got an account (the free one is fine) you can use the profiler to “pin” a character and then when you mouse over any quest links on their site, it will show if the pinned character(s) have completed it.

1 Like