Guide to Orc Clan Development

as someone who is looking to return to the game and try RP this was really helpful! thank you for sharing
epic guide just letting you know
Glad you two liked it!
Finally edited in a brief overview of Mag'Har under modern clans. Might flesh it out more later.

Edit: Mag'har Clans

After unlocking Mag'har, it's doscovered that the clans were dissolved some time after the events in Legion. How long after is still unclear but it was long enough that there are unblooded Mag'har running around, which means they've been gone for at least 13 to 15 years minimum, as orcs do their blooding and Om'Riggor at 13.

With that said, unlike the Horde orcs, Mag'har still honor the old clans and try to preserve their lineages but most have adapted to the, for lack of a better description, Mag'har Horde mentality.

What a lovely guide this is. It deserves to gain attention.

2 Likes

Very late responding to this but thank you!

Also, first post on the new forums.

I recently returned to the game after a 2 month hiatus. Running around I’ve noticed quite a few clans and tribes have popped up in my absence. Just giving this a little bump in hopes it helps them out.

Edit: I’m looking for someone to work with in building another clan, one dedicated to training specific “units”. Orc Grunts, Wolf/Kodoriders, Blademasters, Spiritwalkers and other specialties in a master/apprentice styled system. Like with Stormhowl, I am aiming for this clan to be immersive, clan/tribal living focused and will essentially be the Warsong to my Stormhowl’s Frostwolves. If interested or want to know more about it then please contact me! Do not use this thread to discuss it.

1 Like

There was a Kosh’harg the other day, I believe there will be another in two months or so.

So I was told! And I missed it. Though if you’re staying true to the Kosh’harg, do it again in the fall. They’re biannual, usually coinciding with the spring and fall equinox…if I remember correctly.

I’m sure it could be moved later, but I think folks just like meeting up.

Just giving this a little bump.

why you gotta do use dirty like that mang?

We. Don’t. Talk. About. That. :no_mouth:

It’s been awhile. Giving this the ol’ bumparoo.

Bumping this thread, as it contains a lot of good information. Vuraka clearly knows what she’s talking about in regards to orcish lore, history, and clans, and I see a lot of the same information I pulled up when creating the Lok’gorahn. I believe anyone looking to start up a clan should definitely read through this guide, as it really provides you with a solid template on how you should go about doing so.

1 Like

Thank you, Maul! Glad to see others are still making good use of this guide. I appreciate and respect the level of research you’ve put into your group as well. Looking forward to seeing the Lok’gorahn grow!

Also, if anyone is interested in clans and other tribal things going on, we’re hosting the fall Kosh’harg again this year! It’s not just for orc clans but for the entire tribal community on Horde side.

Hopefully we’ll see you all there!

1 Like

Giving this the ol’ nudge. Seen a few new clans running around and hope it piques their interest.

Came back after a hiatus and saw some new clans have popped up. Going to give this a little bump, bump and hope it helps them out.